ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Focus ST Family Wagon

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I’ve just gone into an e91 325i after the focus and that thing turns on a sixpence weirdly lol. I’m not tall either and struggled with kids in the back but enjoying the boot space.

It can’t be impractical if it goes from a to b. If anything it can drown some of the noise coming from the back seats ?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Lol at the prices though, rrp £2085, our price £2295.41...... seems a bargain!
Car looks lovely. A couple of houses near me have them and they look the business. Ones orange and looks amazing, but I like the stealthy look of the black.

I laughed at that too.

I have driven my mates ST3 focus numerous times and think it is a great car. Not as fun as a fiesta St but also a lot more comfortable when cruising along.

They aren't as involving as a megane 250+ but the build quality is much better ?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I laughed at that too.

I have driven my mates ST3 focus numerous times and think it is a great car. Not as fun as a fiesta St but also a lot more comfortable when cruising along.

They aren't as involving as a megane 250+ but the build quality is much better ?

Megane would have been my choice had they been in 5 door ?.. It's not too bad though does feel quite balanced and easy enough to get oversteer if you want it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just a small update to the thread. Put some eibach pro springs on and finally got it mapped at Northampton Motorsport with a Revo stage 1 map with the SPS switch on Friday.

Not fully been able to test it out yet as the roads were too busy yesterday and I've been cleaning the car today. First impressions are very good really feels to have opened the car up.

Quick snap from this evening after a clean..

20200208_163922~2.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Apart from the mpg. They really are great cars. Great standard spec and seats to die for. Like them in Spirit blue and super clean.

Love your spec also.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I average about 24mpg which isn't great. Rarely gets on the motorway but I think I got about mid 30's on a drive to Cornwall last year.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers the rear bumper definitely looks better on the PFL but I think I prefer the front of the FL.

Had a bit more of a play with the car since the remap and I'm glad I did it. The car pulls much harder now and puts a grin on my face like it did when I first bought it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
5 years today since buying this car and it's still going strong. Clocked over 102k miles and besides a coolant leak has not let me down. Been toying with the idea to sell but I feel like I'd probably live to regret that. Only reason I've played with the idea is because I've had it for so long now and been fancying a MK4 RS Clio. Really got no idea what it's worth either.

Since my last update the car has performed great on the stage 1 map I really feel like the current power suits the car perfectly been tempted by stage 2 but the jump in performance isn't huge when you need a few bits of hardware to support it plus it still needs to be used as a daily/school run car etc.

Few more recent pictures. I did change to silver wheels since my last post as they were getting tatty I really like the silver on black initially I bought them to refurb in Rado grey but they actually arrived as new from mountune eBay even though they were listed as pre-owned.. Love a good bargain lol.

20220327_191030-01.jpeg

20220612_112427-01.jpeg

1.2 Dynamique
Picked up an almost identical car in January, black 63 plate, surprised just how different it is to my old 265 - 5 doors were required here too.

Tempted by the Collins performance stage 1 as they're local and get good reviews, and for £275 and no hardware change seems a no-brainer!

Did have a couple problems, stalling in hot traffic and leaky boot but resolved now (I think!) Both of which seem to be commons issues on this model year. Good to hear your ownership has been smooth and that you're still enjoying it. What mileage you on?

Also, is that a pic from HPP car park by any chance? Was a graduate there many moons ago.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up an almost identical car in January, black 63 plate, surprised just how different it is to my old 265 - 5 doors were required here too.

Tempted by the Collins performance stage 1 as they're local and get good reviews, and for £275 and no hardware change seems a no-brainer!

Did have a couple problems, stalling in hot traffic and leaky boot but resolved now (I think!) Both of which seem to be commons issues on this model year. Good to hear your ownership has been smooth and that you're still enjoying it. What mileage you on?

Also, is that a pic from HPP car park by any chance? Was a graduate there many moons ago.

102k now mate so getting up there a bit. Mines revo but honestly Collins, MSD etc are all much the same I imagine. As far as the Revo goes I really recommend it for the small price it costs. I debated on it for a while but I still remember how big of a smile it put on my face when I first had it done so well worth it imo.

Well spotted that mate it certainly is. How long ago was that? I've been there 5 years now as security. Graduate turn over is pretty crazy tbf how did you actually rate it? Hope you enjoyed it.

1.2 Dynamique
Yeah exactly, spend many thousands on a 250hp car...seems silly not to spend a fraction more for another 30hp or so. Think it'll happen sometime this summer.
Did fall out of love with it for a while whilst getting the niggles resolved, don't think it was particularly well looked after previously but it was cheap so hey ho - came with landsail tyres which were promptly swapped for ps4s, difference was amazing.

Ermm think I left 2015ish, yeah high grad turn over for sure, and high staff turnover generally I think, but then that's f1. I was never going to be able to stick the hours and dedication required long term and glad I got away from the industry but definitely happy I was lucky enough to work there, left with some very cool memories. Was tempted to apply to a contract role there couple years ago but moved back north instead.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah exactly, spend many thousands on a 250hp car...seems silly not to spend a fraction more for another 30hp or so. Think it'll happen sometime this summer.
Did fall out of love with it for a while whilst getting the niggles resolved, don't think it was particularly well looked after previously but it was cheap so hey ho - came with landsail tyres which were promptly swapped for ps4s, difference was amazing.

Ermm think I left 2015ish, yeah high grad turn over for sure, and high staff turnover generally I think, but then that's f1. I was never going to be able to stick the hours and dedication required long term and glad I got away from the industry but definitely happy I was lucky enough to work there, left with some very cool memories. Was tempted to apply to a contract role there couple years ago but moved back north instead.

Yeah the map will definitely make you fall in love with the car again I think. The ps4's are a great tyre wish could get them in 16" for the Clio.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So the time has come to sell this car soon since buying the Clio it's not been used by me as much so decided on something a bit more economical and sensible for the missus/school run car etc while I keep using the Clio.

1 more trip to Cornwall next week and that will be it the replacement will be insured and this will be parked up with minimal use until it's sold. Great f**king car tbh going to miss it for sure easily the best car I've owned having debated on it for a while I decided it's the smart/right decision to sell.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So the time has come to sell this car soon since buying the Clio it's not been used by me as much so decided on something a bit more economical and sensible for the missus/school run car etc while I keep using the Clio.

1 more trip to Cornwall next week and that will be it the replacement will be insured and this will be parked up with minimal use until it's sold. Great f**king car tbh going to miss it for sure easily the best car I've owned having debated on it for a while I decided it's the smart/right decision to sell.
How much are these fetching at the moment?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well played keeping it so long. Justifies selling more if you have actually lived with it for that many years, super clean with black on silver wheels was epic!

What was your favourite LSP on the car?

You have a thread on the Clio? Don't you miss the size?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Let me know a price when you get back from your trip away. I’m absolutely skint at the moment but I’m hoping my mate will sell a couple of my cars whilst I’m away. And I’ve always wanted one of these.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
How much are these fetching at the moment?

Seems anywhere between £7-£10k but as mine will probably be sitting on 104k miles definitely on the low end of that. Really been a great and reliable car though but isn't exactly perfect cosmetically anymore which is to be expected I guess.

Let me know a price when you get back from your trip away. I’m absolutely skint at the moment but I’m hoping my mate will sell a couple of my cars whilst I’m away. And I’ve always wanted one of these.

As above Dan really not fully decided on a price but sub £8k for sure.. I'll probably stick an add up on the forum when I get back anyway.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well played keeping it so long. Justifies selling more if you have actually lived with it for that many years, super clean with black on silver wheels was epic!

What was your favourite LSP on the car?

You have a thread on the Clio? Don't you miss the size?

I honestly like the Clio being so small haha the Clio isn't really used for the kids unless it's absolutely necessary and I'm not one to lug much about so it suits me perfectly. It has been great though as you say it's been a hard decision to decide to sell but considering fuel use etc it's the smart decision to sell now. I've debated back and forth in my mind for the last month or so lol.

I think it helps we've bought the missus mums Audi A1 for a little bit less than her trade in offer so got a bargain really possibly would have stuck with it if it wasn't for that.

LSP has always been C2v3 mate can't go wrong with that product imo but I've often stuck with a mix of infinity wax rapid detailer and BSD as a drying aid which has always kept it beading great and protected with minimal effort.