ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My friends car wont start without putting a code in what is it?!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
He has like a code thing by the hand brake and the car will not start unless you out the code in looked quite cool and was wondering what it was?

​Cheers

Clio 172
It sounds like a thing I had in my impreza called blackjax. Code had to be put in every time a door was opened. Incase you got pulled from your car at traffic lights for instance. It would allow them to get 200 yards up the road and cut the engine dead. Good idea but major pain inputting the code every time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It sounds like a thing I had in my impreza called blackjax. Code had to be put in every time a door was opened. Incase you got pulled from your car at traffic lights for instance. It would allow them to get 200 yards up the road and cut the engine dead. Good idea but major pain inputting the code every time.

blackjax is just two buttons, he sounds like he is on about a 406 one or similar, like this:

Just what you DONT want to have to do instead of just using a key with one built in IMHO
$%28KGrHqZ,!loFDQsNojg+BRCWWk0uLQ~~60_35.jpg

Best left in the 90s as mentioned by martynzs.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
The 90's?

FLOL. This.

My '96 306 DTurbo has a coded immobiliser. They're a pain in the arse more than anything. Why would you want to enter a code everytime you want to start your engine?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mate had one in a saxo, was hilarious guess it wrong 3 times and it wouldn't let the car start for 15 minutes or something, I used to do it at 10pm outside work all the time then leave him stranded for 15 minutes lol

Because im a top mate of course

mate had one in a saxo, was hilarious guess it wrong 3 times and it wouldn't let the car start for 15 minutes or something, I used to do it at 10pm outside work all the time then leave him stranded for 15 minutes lol

Because im a top mate of course

Dahh that would royally pee me off! haha!

Arctic 182
Had this on my old 306 - great idea, until it fails... complete frustration waiting and hoping for that b*stard green light!!