ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My friends TT in flames!!

MKIII 138
so he can get a proper car now and let the hairdressers rest in piece......

Yeh,

Hopefully he can get a ''butch'' and well built French car next with great engineering and body strength.

If the insurance pay up, he should be able to get 2 of Renault tanks. :rolleyes:

but the fact is.. thats an audi and its inflames, my bros vrs remapped started to leak oil at a simular point i think its the stress on other components due to extra torque and the fact that its getting driven so fast that makes this s**t happen.

1. as for 'butch' lol a TT is the gheyest car in the world !
2. body strengh ? up until recently bmw,audi,merc were not as concerned with safety as you would like to think and for all the torsional regidity its still a pap handling car.
3. ive heard of lots of vag horror stories, just costs more to fix.

but i suppose if you pay £30k for a TT you expect it to burst into a ball of flames !?! after all your paying for quality ;)

ouch! Thank goodness his mods where insured.

It does make me laugh when trolls on here say that they would pop the bonnet and sort out any mods before the insurance company got their hands on it.

I think I'm going to pop out at lunch and buy myself a fire putter outter! Been meaning to buy one for ages.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Well the good news as it were is the insurance are covering it all and will be paying out.

For the mean time he now has a lovely Ford Ka, mind you suppose it wont burst into flames....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh,

Hopefully he can get a ''butch'' and well built French car next with great engineering and body strength.

If the insurance pay up, he should be able to get 2 of Renault tanks. :rolleyes:

glad someone agrees with me, but scott only seems to have 1 post.... (owner of the TT in question or of a TT owners club?)

whichever it is not a nice sight seeing your pride and joy go up in flames, even if it is boy georges choice of transport.

and to answer your remark, i never said renaults were a better car at all, i never said renaults weren't gay, i agree to a point that they are, but compared to a TT convertable they are far more masculine, a hard top however is slightly better, then again sod the TT and get an RS4

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I think this Scott is just a random idiot who likes to chat alot.....the owner of the tt is my mate his name is tim. And he isnt a member on the TT forums etc....

He is now eyeing up a clio v6 or a 2002 Audi RS4 Avant.

Get the v6, mind you they set on fire too aswell dont they?? Im sure ive seen a pic somewhere on here!!!

Yeh,

but the fact is.. thats an audi and its inflames, my bros vrs remapped started to leak oil at a simular point i think its the stress on other components due to extra torque and the fact that its getting driven so fast that makes this s**t happen.

2. body strengh ? up until recently bmw,audi,merc were not as concerned with safety as you would like to think and for all the torsional regidity its still a pap handling car.
3. ive heard of lots of vag horror stories, just costs more to fix.

but i suppose if you pay £30k for a TT you expect it to burst into a ball of flames !?! after all your paying for quality ;)

Fair points there.

1. I said the Renaults were butch not TT's and learn how to spell, theres a good boy
2. I think anyone who is fair would prefer to crash in a German built car
3. I promise there are more Renault stories

As for the TT Forum there are 10,000's of members on there, join up and ask who else has had a TT set on fire like that.

MKIII 138
2. I think anyone who is fair would prefer to crash in a German built car

lol, thats not true certainley the renaults are tough buggers.

Audi a4 not 4 stars...

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/audi_a4_2001/88.aspx

Audi TT 4 stars...

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/audi_tt_2003/148.aspx

audi a6 up until 1998 was 3 star.

new bmw 5 series .. 4 starts

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_5_series_2004/208.aspx

2001 bmw 3 series inc m3.. 4 stars

renaullt megane,scenic,espace,modus etc.. 5 stars.

need i go on.

seriously up until 2000 audi, bmw and to a lesser extent mercedes werent as concerend with safety as some other cheaper euro rivals and of course volvo.

pull your badge of snobery from your ass.

TT`s are common, bad handling, Gheyers cars, not fashionable due to ammount on roads etc..

www.renparts.co.uk
Hahaha, he didnt find me amusing when i started singing "buurn baby burrrn" at him!!

Ahh well only a car....and like ya said interiors fine so maybe a cat b repariable pmsl.

FPMSL ^^

IIRC If it's a cat B it has to be broken for parts and the shell crushed.

Gutted tho!! :S

they can still chop off the rear quarters and roof... just have to send off pics of a large section with chassis number intact... to show its not been returned to the road.. or in the case of a bike... they must show the headstock chopped off.... showing the chassis number,,