ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My full exhaust system, including sports cat, pictures

Black Gold with cup packs
These pictures are only of the tails, what you guys think! :) I'm very happy

clio_tails_2.gif

clio_tails_1.gif

clio_tail_3.gif

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
will it/does it matter it is close to the palstic diffuser? no issues of melting etc? looks real nice btw :)

Clio on SL 2118s
fits in with the lines nicely. i like exhausts that look like they are meant to be there. good choice

BMW M135i
Is the bit that fits the diffuser a surround with the exhausts exiting in the middle? Or as said i'd be worried about melting plastic. Looks quite nice either way but i'm not 100% sold.

Was this the one they're developing on? Get any other goodies?

It's heat shielded so it will not melt, I will be having a carbon fibre custom induction kit, I was offered a set of coilovers, but I was worried about it not feeling right in comparison to the brilliant cup setup so I opted out

Clio Trophy/Boxster
Very nice, almost looks OE. As above interested to hear what it sounds like, I've not even heard a standard 197 exhaust from 'outside' the car.

R2TR

Surely the...

...brilliant cup setup...

...included a functioning diffuser?

40% less downforce at the rear...hello lift-off-oversteer.
The diffuser i'm pretty sure is more cosmetic than anything else, This is hardly an F1 car.
These are only tailpipes you see sticking out and weigh bog all, I cannot see them making no difference to the minimal difference the diffuser makes anyway

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Surely the...

...included a functioning diffuser?

40% less downforce at the rear...hello lift-off-oversteer.
The diffuser i'm pretty sure is more cosmetic than anything else, This is hardly an F1 car.
These are only tailpipes you see sticking out and weigh bog all, I cannot see them making no difference to the minimal difference the diffuser makes anyway

It's not the weight, but the fact that the diffuser is blocked on 3 of the 5 channels.

Renault spent 'some' money developing the undercar airflow, and with the addition of a diffuser made it contribute to the car's overall handling by reducing lift at the rear

Ph2 172 Track Toy

It's not the weight, but the fact that the diffuser is blocked on 3 of the 5 channels.

Renault spent 'some' money developing the undercar airflow, and with the addition of a diffuser made it contribute to the car's overall handling by reducing lift at the rear

Yeah but "40kgs at very high speed".

If he is super fused he could always fit a cup spoiler.

Actually do it anyway!!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah but "40kgs at very high speed".

If he is super fused he could always fit a cup spoiler.

Actually do it anyway!!!

You say that, but there's been plenty of times when an extra 15-20 kgs over my rear axle would have helped me out. That's what potentially has been lost here.

I don't know if it going to effect the way it handles. But I doubt it will very much, once I have the car back complete(10th April) I will let you all know how it is (it will be superb).
Cup spoiler is on the agenda PB. Likley to be on the next to do list AFTER painting the side stripes and wing mirrors gloss black.