ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Girl... 1.2 project......

Clio 1.2 16v
Right i have no idea where to start so....

Im 18, bought my car maybe bout half a year ago and been doing little modifications here and there when i had time and money. ive not long joined this forum and its the best renner ive ever spent, the knowlege on here is unreal and everone seems really helpful so far :):).

I have an apprentaship for Airbus UK so the money i dont spend on going out all goes on the car and im pretty much thinkinking about f**kin off going on rediculasly expencive nights out and spending more on her....

I pretty much know nothing of what im doing i just love doing it and really want to learn as much as possible i worked in a garage for about 2 weeks for work experience and thats all i have for working on cars. So i do appoligose if i ask what does this mean, what does that mean but i find this is why i came on this website cos im a complete ametuer :D

so down to the car..... My plan is to make her just how i want her so quick short list,
- lowered
- Colour coded inside and out with lights n all
- General body improvements
- leather interior
- hopefully some sick colour coding on the inside.. White on black, white roof etc...
- General engine improvements
- and anything else i can think to make her go faster/look nicer

i do hope this counts as a project as i would like help aslo :)

I saved up all my little pennies to by THE ONLY CAR I WANTED EVER as i put it to my dad when he tried to make me buy a Ford Ka...... die.

so here she was at the start..

allphotes1019.jpg

Cant see much but shes just standard, 15" dynamique rims everything bog standard

I think my first couple of adjustments wer just a k&n induction kit, sub n amp in the back for some sound improvements and an alpine head unit up front for the attatchment to the iphone (which is f**kin awsome) and also for the blue lights cos from this point on i wanted the blue light theme.
allphotes637.jpg

allphotes1295.jpg

and this is how she stayed for a while kind of dissowned because one of my bellend mates crashed into me and this depressed me immensly!!!!

allphotes1182.jpg

allphotes1079.jpg

c**k...

Anyway i got my act together and bought some sexy lookin rims off a mate who was scrapping his old clio and this is how it turned out.
allphotes855.jpg

allphotes946.jpg

allphotes993.jpg

oh and the type r airiel that my mate 'aquired' for me :)
we had a little clio meet cos i wanted to show my rims off :p hahaha

allphotes1309.jpg

this set me off then, i joined the forum and since then i have a million ideas that i want doing to her. started off with a little bit of home colour coding... and bought some black bullets with white writing for the scheme :)
allphotes974.jpg

allphotes911.jpg

allphotes658.jpg

not actually got one of in the car but u get the picture side strips and steering wheel diomand.

Next on the list was an exhaust and a better one than my mate becuase he lives round the corner than me and this is exactly what he wanted and hed just bought a ktec stealth hahahahaha <3 sorry wattso

this was thanks to Jesus that i got this along with the 182 rear bumper. Unfitted but here it is amongst the 4 of my dads bikes in the garage haha. Oh and me and wattso fitting the rear bumper with no clue of how to haha

allphotes950.jpg

allphotes1063.jpg

allphotes1292.jpg

The exhaust is being fitted 2morrow morning and then the lowering springs shall be put on order hopefully 2moz (thanx mother haha) but dont know how much to lower it!??!?!?!?!?!, and then every possible light i can find within the car turned blue!!!!!!

anyway hope you like it any comments would be welcome of what to do and what not to do and if you like/disslike what im doing...

Clio 1.2 16v
looks good mate, don't use all the lights blue bit ned ish.. thats just my thought though :rasp:

haha yeah probs a good shout :) gonna do most on desplay but not like the indicator n that mainly just the speedo, rev, fuel n temp me thinks :) then the trim around the clocks sprayed white, cheers mate

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not too shabby that! A lot of people on here may not like the wheels but i think they look ok.

As for lowering, depends on what you prefer. Those wheels are pretty big so It may be difficult to lower it a lot.

60mm is my fav :)

Lupo GTI
It's looking good dude. Interesting read.
It's sitting abit high at the minute on those alloys but I suppose that'll be sorted once you get it lowered.

I'm liking that you bought the 182 rear and replica exhaust, will make it look alot more meaner from behind - any thoughts for sport front bumper and creating an RS rep?

Just remember, subtle mods will work best for you.

Clio 1.2 16v
Not too shabby that! A lot of people on here may not like the wheels but i think they look ok.

As for lowering, depends on what you prefer. Those wheels are pretty big so It may be difficult to lower it a lot.

60mm is my fav :)

yeah i thought some people might not like them :p ah well haha but i dont want the back to be sitting so u cant see the tyre thats not the look i like so i was thinking 30-40 just to stop it looking like a 4x4 :S

With look cool with the 182 bumper and exhaust fitted :)

Looking good so far mate, will sit alot smarter once lowered

cheers guys!

It's looking good dude. Interesting read.
It's sitting abit high at the minute on those alloys but I suppose that'll be sorted once you get it lowered.

I'm liking that you bought the 182 rear and replica exhaust, will make it look alot more meaner from behind - any thoughts for sport front bumper and creating an RS rep?

Just remember, subtle mods will work best for you.

Yeah need those springs bad really... Yeah about the replica i was thinking very much the RS grill but i dont want to replicate the 182 tooooo much cos i think its s**t making a car look exactly like a 182 when all ur hiding under the hood is a 1.2 haha so thats why i went for rims off market really :S

cheers!

Clio 1.2 16v
LITTLE UPDATE :)

So i go down the garage this morning and they get to work 'only 15 mins mate' 20 mins later he tell me that the new one aint gonna fit! :O:O:O disaster because the old fit doesnt house a sleeve fit apprently which my new exhaust is... so anyway they demolished my old exhaust to make something so the new one can slot in (without a cat the guy said) and then bodged a few brackets together to support the right hand exhaust so it didnt rattle anywhere and tbf to them they did a good job becuase it makes a f**king awsome noise and looks brilliant!!!!!!

allphotes003.jpg

allphotes001.jpg

my mothers cooper getting in on the action there haha. i love it!
lowering spring are being ordered 2mozzzz!!!

cheers

Chav Rocket
thats a massive difference! looks like the fitment is pretty spot on too. is the bumper dented or is it a reflection?

i think its the bumpers shape for the light thingy!
intresting on it not being able to fit as it came off a 1.2 :S
i was going to buy these! but decided on looking for a new car instead

BG 182 FF
looking nice, rear looks a lot better with the 182 rear and dual exhaust, keep up the good work

S4 Avant
Love your mums car.

Yours needs smaller wheels though. 17s look too big on a clio, and the tyre prices are stupid.

Nice little project, Dont like those wheels at all though, Need something smaller and once lowered will look spot on.

Exhaust looks nice.

Keep it subtle and it will be all good.

Chav Rocket
agree on the 17"s being a bit too big even if its just to save on tyre costs

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
looks good buddy, ktec exhaust is nice but you do know the tailpipes arent the same distance apart as the cutouts in the 182 bumper :S

Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks very much for all the comments love it :). I see where your comeing from with the 17"s being to big but i quite like them and i think when lowered and i might get them refurbed and sprayed white as theduck said, i think i could sway some of you :)

Jungle_Jim - are they not? :S i dont think this is a ktec mate, it was custom made by (is it prospeed in cardiff or summit?) dont know if thats what you mean anyway.

Im having real trouble buying these springs i just have no idea what to get, my budget is like £100 or more to play with and i wanna take it down about 40mm, just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for some good springs maybe youve good encounter with a certain set of springs yourself or something, just need a little advice please :)

Cheers!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ah you bought it from Jesus, my bad. your right it is a custom made prospeed exhaust. It will fit no problem, sorry for worrying you lol

fiesta 1.25
Clio B(BB)second one down 98-05 will lower the back 30 mm

the first ones dont mention the rear because there for a mk1 clio which doesnt have rear springs

Clio 1.2 16v
Clio B(BB)second one down 98-05 will lower the back 30 mm

the first ones dont mention the rear because there for a mk1 clio which doesnt have rear springs

ahhh cheers mate, sheesh 160 quid is steep! these better be good :p i could look for second hand but these are a crimbo pressie of the rents so is there really any need? haha ta

fiesta 1.25
Id go for something cheaper if im honest,i wouldnt pay that much for springs.

I got coilovers for mine which didnt cost much more than that.

Clio 1.2 16v
hmmmm, i dno what to get though or whats good for comfort/performance and a 'decent' price. Need to have a big think :) link us to summit you think would be good :). anyway im off to bed cheers mate speak 2moz

1.2 Dynamique billabong
you might think that a 30mm - 40mm isnt low enough, i am running 17's too and mine is down 50mm on cobra springs and in my opinion the ride height is spot on, also not so low that it cant get over speedbumps etc.

11-7.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Thanks very much for all the comments love it :). I see where your comeing from with the 17"s being to big but i quite like them and i think when lowered and i might get them refurbed and sprayed white as theduck said, i think i could sway some of you :)

Jungle_Jim - are they not? :S i dont think this is a ktec mate, it was custom made by (is it prospeed in cardiff or summit?) dont know if thats what you mean anyway.

Im having real trouble buying these springs i just have no idea what to get, my budget is like £100 or more to play with and i wanna take it down about 40mm, just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for some good springs maybe youve good encounter with a certain set of springs yourself or something, just need a little advice please :)

Cheers!
Hi mate, I had 17s on my 1.2 and 30-40mm wont be enough of a drop. I got some Gmax 60mm springs on mine at 1st and rolled with them for about a year and then got some coilovers. The Gmax springs were ok but a bit crashy over bumps, I'll dig out a pic...
DSC00383.jpg

And on the coilovers with different wheels, but still 17s ;)
ClioFCS.jpg