ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Girl... 1.2 project......

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey not really an update just need a little more info on the springs and what people think

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...renaultclio;manufacturer=cobra;sub_category=1

Ive decided to go for 50mm cobra springs becuase Jungle_Jims's look is awsome. I was thinking would the 4th one down fit my car? and what u think about that particular set of springs or what else of there would work...

Thanks for all the brilliant comments and awsome suggestions. If the springs are gooden for 50mm then ill go ahead and purchase them 2morrow, cheers again,

Joe

alien green rs133
bit steep the price innit???

not fancy apex???

-60 on 16"

18189064a11593487702o.jpg

Monaco
Hey not really an update just need a little more info on the springs and what people think

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...renaultclio;manufacturer=cobra;sub_category=1

Ive decided to go for 50mm cobra springs becuase Jungle_Jims's look is awsome. I was thinking would the 4th one down fit my car? and what u think about that particular set of springs or what else of there would work...

Thanks for all the brilliant comments and awsome suggestions. If the springs are gooden for 50mm then ill go ahead and purchase them 2morrow, cheers again,

Joe

Really enjoying this thread. if you are going 50mm, then i highly recomend these:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1045 eibach sportlines
(they say 45mm on there but they say 50mm on the box)
I'm running them on my standard shocks. They are not really any bumpier than my previous 5 year old standard springs and they make the car feel great round corners and roundabouts (as opposed the the swaying barge feel of the standard springs).

They are a little pricey but I was strapped for cash, waited a little longer and then got them. You can't underestimate spring quality. I personally would not trust springs that are that cheap - especially when running standard shocks. [edit] just scrolled down on your link - you're obviously prepared to fork out so i proudly recomend these

As for people saying 50mm isn't low enough, I've endured those comments too and it's certianly noticable and a perfect stance for a clio that isnt trying to boast. Also your rear bumper and humungous splitter will give the appearance of it being lower anyway. (i'm on 15's but heres my car anyhow - they have bedded in a bit since these pics and the car is quite a bit lower now)
DSCF1578.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
Really enjoying this thread. if you are going 50mm, then i highly recomend these:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1045 eibach sportlines
(they say 45mm on there but they say 50mm on the box)
I'm running them on my standard shocks. They are not really any bumpier than my previous 5 year old standard springs and they make the car feel great round corners and roundabouts (as opposed the the swaying barge feel of the standard springs).

They are a little pricey but I was strapped for cash, waited a little longer and then got them. You can't underestimate spring quality. I personally would not trust springs that are that cheap - especially when running standard shocks. [edit] just scrolled down on your link - you're obviously prepared to fork out so i proudly recomend these

As for people saying 50mm isn't low enough, I've endured those comments too and it's certianly noticable and a perfect stance for a clio that isnt trying to boast. Also your rear bumper and humungous splitter will give the appearance of it being lower anyway. (i'm on 15's but heres my car anyhow - they have bedded in a bit since these pics and the car is quite a bit lower now)
DSCF1578.jpg

Thanx alot for all the info guys its really helpfull (that sounds so sarcastic hahaha, its not :p) i really like the looks and sound of the eibach sportlines, i have decided i want some good ones as they are to last me a while, and the ride height sounds perfect becuase i have 17's i would much prefer the back arches to not cover the wheel in any part as that is not the look i am going for. I am willing to fork out (well my rents are for crimbo haha) everything sounds spot on, - Ride Height - Cornering - Comfort and Trust by the sound of things.

Thanx again guys next on the list to help the look of going lower as said here 'a massive splitter' :). Cheers,

Joe

Clio 1.2 16v
Ok so kind of a little update.

Mid week my engine fault light comes on along with the electrical fault light. I took her to NW performace and they put her in the dyagnostics. Bad news every electrical fualt that could go wrong with the car is showing up, this could be a few things, coil pack, throttle body (because the throttle sometimes does nothing and my car spits at me) ECU or wireing loom. Rang renault up and without me even telling them what was showing up on the result they said to me is it a 1.2 16v yes yes yes, yeah its the engine wireing loom, apprently they keep them in stock becuase its so common to wrong on my car.
They said either have a look and see if its fixable or buy a new one (£146.00) and hav that fitted :( :( :(. Ive messaged birchdown now hoping they can have a look and see if they can fix it.

But hey lets look on the posotive side of life ive just orderd these today!!!!
eibach_sportline_springs.jpg

wooooo!!! 50mm eibach sportline springs!

BG 182 FF
PSSST everyone.... Let's pretend his exhaust and bumper looks s**t because I GODAMN WANTED IT!!! :mad:

Let me know when you're fitting the springs parry and I'll give ya a hand ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
you might think that a 30mm - 40mm isnt low enough, i am running 17's too and mine is down 50mm on cobra springs and in my opinion the ride height is spot on, also not so low that it cant get over speedbumps etc.

11-7.jpg

Looks spot on that, and i'm not usually a fan of 17's. One of the best non sports imo

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Hi
I have exactly the same car as you and i want to do the same thing to the rear. do you know where id be able to get a rear bumper and twin exhaust like this?? and how much would it cost?

Liking this alot (Y)

Hi
I have exactly the same car as you and i want to do the same thing to the rear. do you know where id be able to get a rear bumper and twin exhaust like this?? and how much would it cost?

Liking this alot (Y)

He bought them off me.

Exhaust: Prospeed, £350ish
Bumper - second hand, £90ish
Spraying bumper - £80ish

Evo 8 MR
Should have bought Apex, they are cheaper and the car sits better.

Photo-0014.jpg

Unlucky with the engine fault, you've got to anticipate these things owning a french car, personally I would get that fixed before spending any more money on mods.

Clio 1.2 16v
Should have bought Apex, they are cheaper and the car sits better.

Unlucky with the engine fault, you've got to anticipate these things owning a french car, personally I would get that fixed before spending any more money on mods.

ahh well too late haha, yeah ur right im not gonna do anything else went to see the lads at birchdown and they r gonna replace the throttle body for me :)

Realy like your car mate.

Thanx alot felleh!!!

Hi

Liking this alot (Y)

cheers dude, as jesus said i bought it all of him but again what he said is right.

Good move! you will not be dissappointed

your right :)

The springs are on but not got any piccies yet and wanna wait till they settle and i get the right ride height but so far i am loving them! nothing going to be done until the new year and i get the fault to FO. oh and i put my clio sport sticker on.

Crimbo money is going on colour coding. Any ideas would be appreciated cheers guys

Clio 1.2 16v
UPDATE kind of :p

Right ive slighty dissowned my car over christmas because i had the fault lights showing up and it was f*cking me off that no one knew what the problem was, anyway me and my dad took a chance and bought a new throttle body from renault.... £280 later and alot of cold nights spent in the garage over christmas and she was running like a dream again all fault lights gone and not gone wrong since.

Anyway since christmas
- Cliosport sticker has gone on
- 17's have been f**ked off for some white turinis (hope you all like :])
- The springs have been fitted not got any piccies with them on with the 17's but one with the 15's might need to go lower imo
- 2 moz im going the dealer to buy bumper exhaust surrounds and rs grill :)

Ive been in recent touch with nath of here for bits being srayed, hes given me a quote and im going ahead with it asap. so

- Door handles pearl black
- Side strips pearl black
- bullets inverted so black lettering and white background
- rims referbed white (as their damaged and im going mental here lol)
- clio badge white
- front and back diomand white
- Wingmirror surround white

ive also got a new splitter and side skirts sat here waiting to be put on... so anyway heres the rims, dno if u can see the sticker but ill get some more pics soon hopefully when i have my rs grill fitted 2moz, cheers guys & girls :p!!! :):)

minewithwhiterims.jpg

TURINIS.jpg

heres a sticker piccie.

CLIOSPORTSTICKER.jpg

Last edited:
  Monaco

- The springs have been fitted not got any piccies with them on with the 17's but one with the 15's might need to go lower imo

Wait for them to bed in a bit first!

They are a sweet set up

+++ Looking very good. Keep it going...

Clio
good luck mate looking nice

had my 1.2 16v 6 years now and back to standard and going in about 6 months for a bike

dont supose you can tell me what bikes your dads got lol!

if i were you id be on one of them bikes lol

Clio 1.2 16v
10 times better on the speedlines ;)

haha yeah thought most people would say that :p cheers.

that looks really good mate!!spot on

Good thread this. keep it up and cars looking v smart:cool:

Wait for them to bed in a bit first!

They are a sweet set up

+++ Looking very good. Keep it going...

cheers guys! nice to hear good feedback, yeah ill let em settle for a while cheers :)

good luck mate looking nice

had my 1.2 16v 6 years now and back to standard and going in about 6 months for a bike

dont supose you can tell me what bikes your dads got lol!

if i were you id be on one of them bikes lol

had it for 6 years bloody hell lol. Erm hes got 5, hes got a 750 gsxr, Ducati 748R, truimph trident, 750 VFR and a norton rotary haha so yeah :p

nice work so far mate. worth getting some coilovers in the future imo

yeah was thinking that myself :)

BG 182 FF
Ouch I wouldn't call this a rep to parry, he's got something against reps :p

Still coming round tonight to strip our bits for Nath mate?

Range Rover sport
Nice thread mate car will look spot on after this week,
wheels where unbelievable lol , took me ages to repair them but there done now , will get champ white on them tomorrow I'm going into work for a few hours to get things done.

I ll be sure to post pictures up once everything is done mate.

Clio 1.2 16v
looks good

nice 182 rep, looks nice on them wheels

Ouch I wouldn't call this a rep to parry, he's got something against reps :p

Still coming round tonight to strip our bits for Nath mate?

Cheers guys! haha well i cant deny it looks slightly like a rep can i with the back end but its truely not the look im goin for i just like it im not gettin a full 182 body it like someone ;) cheers for the help wattso!

Nice thread mate car will look spot on after this week,
wheels where unbelievable lol , took me ages to repair them but there done now , will get champ white on them tomorrow I'm going into work for a few hours to get things done.

I ll be sure to post pictures up once everything is done mate.

legend! lol i cant wait to see it once your done with all my bits! shes gonna look perfect just need some exhaust surrounds :) and them renault centre caps haha! :p.

ill do an update properly once i have my parts back and their all fitted cos i made a massive f**k up getting the door cards off! :'( bad times but ive just fallen into some money so the mods should be comeing thick and fast :p thanx again guys!

Range Rover sport
finally managed to get a few pictures today , havnt finished the mouldings yet , will get them done during the week wont take me an hour.

Parry123's lovly curbed wheels ..

P1011489.jpg

and with a good refurb and a nice touch up with (championship white) heres the outcome , hope your happy with them mate.

P1011503.jpg

P1011508.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
omg they look f**king insane nath. youve done a brilliant job i cant wait to come and pick them up and cheers for the bell wattso laa :p thats top notch mate nice one! :)

looks great does this, only just seen it too :)

you seem like a good lad to so credit to you and the car.

i'll give u a beep if i ever see u on the M56 on my weekly boost to wrexham

Clio 1.2 16v
Looking Ace mate, interesting read, much else planned? im saving for a 182 as we speak :D

Cheers felleh. Yeah loads planned might take it down on some coilivers to suit the 15's better, rs grille, dash smd change to blue or White can't decide and leather interior. And much more always got stuff to do :) ( maybe even a 2.0 litre conversion on 1.2 insurance hehe) although the 182 does sound appealing :p

Clio 1.2 16v
looks great does this, only just seen it too :)

you seem like a good lad to so credit to you and the car.

i'll give u a beep if i ever see u on the M56 on my weekly boost to wrexham

Lol been hiding :p cheers mate.

Haha nice one felleh I keep missing the N/W meets and my car has obviosly been off the road lately but me n Wattso will be at the next one hopefully gutted just missed the last one.

Work around Chester/Wrexham do ya?