ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Girlfriends Clio is leaking (sunroof i believe)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
my girlfriends clio is leaking through the sunroof i believe, cant see where else there could possibly be a leak from myself haha, anyway, is this a common problem with these cars? what has to be adjusted for it to stop leaking?

she's moaning that its getting onto her seats and its also staining the material on the roof of the car,

tried searching using the bar but no results unfortunately

Btw she's been quoted £65 to get it sorted, along with £25 as the window wiper water isnt spraying out

Are there any fixes for these? or will she have to fork that out?

cheers :rasp:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
A proper fix is a new sunroof frame, £500 supplied and fitted at the dealers. Or you can do what i did, £7 tube of sealant, remove the frame and re-seal it.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
ha 9659bb6a_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

Corsa VXR
That £7 sealant is the cheapest fix? I did the same to my girlfriends clio? It's been fine ever since, better than the cost of those seals?

Unfortunately It's a common problem mate. Luckily. I never had a problem with mine.

EDIT: Does she know you put that picture on here lol?

That £7 sealant is the cheapest fix? I did the same to my girlfriends clio? It's been fine ever since, better than the cost of those seals?

Are you asking us or telling us? Can't work out if you meant to put exclamation marks instead of question marks.

Corsa VXR
Unfortunately It's a common problem mate. Luckily. I never had a problem with mine.

Are you asking us or telling us? Can't work out if you meant to put exclamation marks instead of question marks.

Yea I meant that's what I done. It worked a treat. Take it out, clean it all up, stick it all in and job done!

On my old clio I just put clear bathroom silicon around the frame. Didn't even bother removing the frame, just went straight around the edge. Total of around £5. Also the washer motors are about £10 from ECP and are dead easy to fit