ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Having an issue at the moment, have recently fitted hubcentric spacers and im getting a knocking from the front passenger side when doing low speeds. Had a look around on here and checked the spacer which seems tight and flat to the hub. Anyone have any other idea's as to what could be causing the knocking ? as said its only from the passenger side at speeds of around 10-15mph.

Thinking may be better to remove the spacers all together and buy some 16" alloys again.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I've got Fk hubcentrics on mine & they have been fine, sure it's not a bottom ball joint or track rod end?

Cheers craig, not sure tbh just assumed it would be the spacers as it started just after fitting the front ones. Will look to run it round a garage and get it checked, thanks :)

Any other way to check if it is ?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Just jack it up & whip your wheel off mate, check the track rod end & bottom ball joint boots havnt split & lost the grease.

Ahh rite cheers craig, will have a look at the weekend. Hoping its an easy fix, seems to be a never ending list of things to be fixed but hoping i can make a dent in it shortly :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Nothing special, had some nice weather so got out and washed the car as its been neglected recently. Took a few pics ;)

SDC11478.jpg

SDC11479.jpg

SDC11486.jpg

SDC11483.jpg

Comments always welcome, maybe a few changes shortly :approve:

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Recently removed the wheel spacers as i wasnt keen on them and have bought a cheap set of standard 182 alloys to be refurbed and they need two new tyres. Decided i wanted to go back to 16" alloys again and although i do prefer the OZ F1's i couldnt find any in 16's so may have to stick with the 182's. Not decided what colour to have them refurbed yet, either Anthracite or Black again like i had them originally :S

Also still having problems with the car, keeps coming up with an electrical warning light and the Engine management light. Had originally stated it was due to a throttle position sensor fault so had the throttle body changed which seemed to work for a few weeks but it has happened again this weeked. Think it may be due to rain water getting to the wiring behind the fuse box, hoping i may be able to wrap them in electrical type or something to keep them dry. Does anyone have any suggestions ??

Jay

Red 1.2 Dynamique
Love the car man! I think I'm going to paint my wing mirrors satin black also, looks awesome. Have you considered spraying the sport grill satin black as well? The grey looks a bit out of place, imo.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Love the car man! I think I'm going to paint my wing mirrors satin black also, looks awesome. Have you considered spraying the sport grill satin black as well? The grey looks a bit out of place, imo.

Thanks mate :approve: Yeah i have considered doing the grill along with the fog light surrounds and washer blanks the same as my wing mirrors but i was a little put off by being left with grey wing mirror surrounds. It is on my to do list though and i do agree it will tidy up the front end. May need to look and see if the wing mirror surround is easy to remove for painting.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** UPDATE ***

After months of electrical warning lights and the car running in limp mode hopefully the problem is now sorted. It seemed to be a lot more frequent during heavy rain and it looks like rain water had been running down into the fuse box due to the clips on the lid being broken. Ive drilled a hole through the box and secured it with a cable tie and all seems well for the time being so im happy as it looked to be an expensive fix at first.

As everyone was at CSS last weekend i decided to do a few jobs on the car. Nothing major but firstly i removed the fog lights from the front as one was loose. Due to the recent failure with wheel spacers i also decided to try a different type this time and went for 15mm FK A centic spacers for the front and back and also bought a set of 39mm wheel bolts from demontweeks to secure them. They have been on the car a week and do feel a lot more secure than the last ones, although that was proberbly down to me not fitting the originals correctly. Really hoping these ones work better as the spacers do make the wheel fill out the arch better.

SDC11508.jpg

SDC11501.jpg

SDC11507.jpg

SDC11506.jpg

SDC11524.jpg

Before spacers

SDC11514.jpg

After spacers

SDC11539.jpg

Personally i think it looks a lot better. More to come shortly :approve:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks way better.

I want some 5MM spacers for mine for the front and rear.

Get it cleaned though J.

Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Looks way better.

I want some 5MM spacers for mine for the front and rear.

Get it cleaned though J.

Sam!

Yeah i think so too, just hope they hold up better than the last ones.

The FK ones were the best priced i found Sam if your looking for some :approve:

Ha Ha, thats on its way

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Just for you Sam ;)

It was looking a bit sorry for itself so gave it a clean. I also re fitted my rear license plate with velcro coins as it kept falling off.

SDC11550.jpg

SDC11540.jpg

SDC11552.jpg

SDC11566.jpg

SDC11557.jpg

SDC11564.jpg

SDC11562.jpg

SDC11579.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
:O
How much are they like and what sort of power are these producing?

It was £168 with the CS discount Sam. Not sure on power figures but just been out for a little drive and the throttle response feels sharper and it felt like it accelerated a lot smoother too. Plus the noise is awesome :D

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Couple of pics fitted.

SDC11585.jpg

SDC11587.jpg

It was hard work to fit as there wasnt much room but now its in im really impressed with it. Seems to run so much smoother and sounds great :approve:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Couple of pics fitted.

SDC11585.jpg

SDC11587.jpg

It was hard work to fit as there wasnt much room but now its in im really impressed with it. Seems to run so much smoother and sounds great :approve:

Ill have to come out with you for a quick blast. ;)

I have this kit in orange on my inferno, throttle response is improved an it sounds biblical!!

In Orange? Do you have any pics of that?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I have this kit in orange on my inferno, throttle response is improved an it sounds biblical!!

I was quite surprised mate, I new the sound was gonna be awesome but I didn't really expect much else. It feels so much better to drive and seems to rev a lot more freely too.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Ill have to come out with you for a quick blast. ;)

In Orange? Do you have any pics of that?

Yeah no probs sam, you've gotta hear it :) I didn't think it would be heard that much over my exhaust but it sounds fantastic.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Drove to work and back today an i must admit im really impressed with the KTEC induction kit. The car feels so much better to drive, feels a lot smoother and the throttle response has benefited as well. Still cant get over the sound it makes :D Cant wait to get back out in it and would definatley recommend it.

182 Cup
I just can't get enough of that noise, as chip said to me "sounds like a rally car on carbs", only trouble is the police can hear you breaking the law from further away and no what you've been doing even if you pass them within the speed limit! I do have pics of the kit in orange but I'm struggling lately to find time to load them up and update my thread, I will try and get it done soon.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I just can't get enough of that noise, as chip said to me "sounds like a rally car on carbs", only trouble is the police can hear you breaking the law from further away and no what you've been doing even if you pass them within the speed limit! I do have pics of the kit in orange but I'm struggling lately to find time to load them up and update my thread, I will try and get it done soon.

Is the orange hose a similar match to Inferno mate ? Yeah i know what you mean by the sound, it is infectious :approve:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You not bother fitting the final bit of the Ktec kit? I noticed that the mount to stop it moving around is missing, also wtf is going on with your coolant bottle lol looks almost mouldy!

These Ktec kits do sound mental ;)