ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Will look spot on with 195/50s on dude

Cheers Craig, yeah im really hoping so, should of gone for that size originally but stuck with what was originally on the F1's. Hoping to get some new rainsports next month :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not much of a update but the clio passed its m.o.t today with no issues, only an advisory for a slack handbrake so will be sorting that shortly. Also fixed the drivers door lock as the central locking didnt work and i had been using the passenger door for over a year :eek: (really should have sorted this sooner) just needed a new box fitting and it now works perfectly. Next on the list is a healthy service but its nice to know she's problem free :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
My clio went off for a service today and has come back with a few more advisorys, hope to resolve these issues in the following few months.

* Rear pads need replacing (have between 3-4k left in them)
* Front tyres have slight wear on the outside
* Near side rear tyre has a punture
* Tracking check required
* Slight play O/S Knuckle joint (No idea what this is, any advice appreciated)
* Slight Gear box leak from casing & Drive shaft boot
* Clutch Slipping
* Slack handbrake (advisory from m.o.t.)

More work needed than I was hoping for but will be looking to get them resolved. None were advised as urgent but any idea's on which should take priorty ? Tyres wont be an issue as looking to buy a full new set of 195/50's this month.

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Managed to get the handbrake fixed today but on the way home it seems the slipping clutch has turned into a knackered clutch :dapprove:

Dash is lit up with warning lights and had to limp the car home. Dont seem to have much luck at the moment and im guessing its going to be an expensive one. Cant be much left on the car that hasnt been replaced now :dapprove: Any ideas on the price of replacing the clutch on a 182 guys ?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Finally got the car back from the garage following the above issue. Turns out a few connectors around the fuse box had come loose so these have been repaired and the warning lights have gone. Still has problems with the revs seeming to stick, sounds as though the clutch pedal was pressed whilst driving. Think this may be due to the issue with the clutch slipping perhaps but was wondering if anyone has any ideas's ? Other than that it seems to be running okay so going to see if it continues and possibly look to replace the clutch in the near future.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not much of an update but another set of 15mm FK spacers arrived from Venom motorsport today :approve: There going to be fitted to the front and will also get to fit the rest of the stud conversion to the front as well. Hopefully will improve the look of the F1's in the arches and then i just need to order a set of new 195/50 tyres to finish the job off. Hopefully updates shortly ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
** Small Update **

Nothing special but after losing one of my cup badges from the door pillar a few weeks back and with them being difficult to re-spray I decided to buy some vinyl stickers from ebay.

SDC11365.jpg

SDC11368.jpg

Quite happy with the results and they dont really look any different to the originals i had sprayed black. :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
north ormesby, behind the bingo? ino bad area but oh well haha., were you from like pal?

Linthorpe mate, not far from acklam. Ill keep an eye out for ya. Will need to sort a little boro meet and get a few together :)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
You got them tyres yet ;)

Not yet mate :eek: Car has had a few issues recently but i will look into it now. Just need to decide between Toyo T1r's and the Rainsports. Need to get the tracking sorted too so will get it all done at the same time hopefully. Going to try and fit the other spacers over easter if i get chance. Its coming along just seems to be slower than i would have hoped.

Will be keeping an eye out for yours once its finished ;)

ph1 clio 1.2
Linthorpe mate, not far from acklam. Ill keep an eye out for ya. Will need to sort a little boro meet and get a few together :)

yeah mate, thats were abouts i saw you actually, carnt miss yours, only inferno around here! :) and yeah sounds good mate,, do you know what could be my problem here... few weeks back i fitted lowering springs, since then my speedo hasnt worked, i got a new sensor, didnt fix it, got differant clocks, didnt fix it, running our ideas? hmm, do you know

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah it does stand out a bit :approve: needs a good clean at the moment as it looks really dull. There is another one local, lad named Sam (Bonxy) not seen him for a while. Honestly no idea mate, first thought would have been that it would be related to the speedo sensor but if you still have the issue after changing it im not sure. Does it work at all or is it completely unresponsive ?

Last edited:
  ph1 clio 1.2
Yeah it does stand out a bit :approve: needs a good clean at the moment as it looks really dull. There is another one local, lad named Sam (Bonxy) not seen him for a while. Honestly no idea mate, first thought would have been that it would be related to the speedo sensor but if you still have the issue after changing it im not sure. Does it work at all or is it completely unresponsive ?

oh mine does, weathers too bad to get out there and wash it at the min though ha., and oh really ive only spotted the one inferno around here, could possibly be his? but it looks spitt of yours, and completly fucked mate, all my revs, petrolm temp etc etc works, just the speedo, its pissing me off driving around with no speedo haha

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah, if we get good weather over easter im going to try and get out and clay mine. Will have been mine mate, Sam's from Ingleby way and mine has the black alloys/badges etc. Yeah i can imagine, could it possibly be a broke wire connection somewhere perhaps ? No idea how that would have been caused by fitting springs though :S

Not yet mate :eek: Car has had a few issues recently but i will look into it now. Just need to decide between Toyo T1r's and the Rainsports. Need to get the tracking sorted too so will get it all done at the same time hopefully. Going to try and fit the other spacers over easter if i get chance. Its coming along just seems to be slower than i would have hoped.

Will be keeping an eye out for yours once its finished ;)

I always ran T1R's on my 15s you can't say no for the price of them, I really like them defo getting them for the 16s.

Hopefully it'll be out to play soon enough ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah they are really cheap, I went for the rainsport 2's in the end which were a few quid more but i will give the Toyo's a go next time around i think. Only went for the rainsports as i currently have them now. Hope they arrive soon so i can get them fitted and finish them off. :approve:

Ive been keeping an eye on your project thread for it being finished mate, so so jealous its looking great. Will need to sort another meet like last year once its finished :approve:

ph1 clio 1.2
Yeah, if we get good weather over easter im going to try and get out and clay mine. Will have been mine mate, Sam's from Ingleby way and mine has the black alloys/badges etc. Yeah i can imagine, could it possibly be a broke wire connection somewhere perhaps ? No idea how that would have been caused by fitting springs though :S

hmm yeah thats all that i can think off, the wiring, im useless with stuff like that though ha, do you know anyone whos good with car wiring? :(

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
hmm yeah thats all that i can think off, the wiring, im useless with stuff like that though ha, do you know anyone whos good with car wiring? :(

To be honest mate i dont, not specifically for wiring anyway. Mendal motors sorted a recent problem with the wiring in mine if thats any use mate ?

ph1 clio 1.2
To be honest mate i dont, not specifically for wiring anyway. Mendal motors sorted a recent problem with the wiring in mine if thats any use mate ?

aww right, they close by like mate? ill have a drive down and ask if its closee...

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
aww right, they close by like mate? ill have a drive down and ask if its closee...

Yeah there just on the mandale triangle in thornaby, tbh there's quite a few garages round there that may be able to give you an idea. Failing that you could always try PM'ing on of the traders on here perhaps for idea's. Would have thought it would have to be wiring / sensor related though.

ph1 clio 1.2
Yeah there just on the mandale triangle in thornaby, tbh there's quite a few garages round there that may be able to give you an idea. Failing that you could always try PM'ing on of the traders on here perhaps for idea's. Would have thought it would have to be wiring / sensor related though.
ph is it, ill have a little drive down one day see if they know the problem and can sort it out, you got any wheels for sale by any chance? ha

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
ph is it, ill have a little drive down one day see if they know the problem and can sort it out, you got any wheels for sale by any chance? ha

Noticed a few threads on here mention the ABS could be the source for the speedo not working so may be worth looking into with it only starting after fitting springs. Ha ha i havent mate, what kind you after an i'll keep an eye out ?

ph1 clio 1.2
Noticed a few threads on here mention the ABS could be the source for the speedo not working so may be worth looking into with it only starting after fitting springs. Ha ha i havent mate, what kind you after an i'll keep an eye out ?

my brother says i dont have ABS on my car soo yeah :\ and not sure , i wanted some deep's but no cash haha, so gonna get some ph2 alloys, just paint them black and that haha, till i get some deep's

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
** Update **

Not a big one im afraid but managed to get the 15mm front spacers fitted this morning, just waiting on tyres to arrive next week and then will be off for fitting and the tracking doing :approve: Should hopefully look a lot more tidy with new tyres and a good clean.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
my brother says i dont have ABS on my car soo yeah :\ and not sure , i wanted some deep's but no cash haha, so gonna get some ph2 alloys, just paint them black and that haha, till i get some deep's

Ahh rite, not too sure then matey. May be worth nipping it to a garage :S

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** Tyres arrived ***

My new 195/50 Rainsport 2's arrived this morning from Camskill, had the rainsports before and couldnt fault them so will be looking to get these fitted over the weekend hopefully and will be getting the tracking done at the same time.

SDC11395.jpg

Still have a few more plans / problems to sort with it but its getting there. Will get some better pics once there all fitted :approve:

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** Update ***

Got out this morning and had my new Rainsport 2's fitted and at the same time had my tracking sorted as it was quite a bit out. With the spacers and tyres fitted the arch gap looks a lot better than it did previously after fitting the 15" F1's in my opinion and it does feel better to drive as well. Took a few quick pics but will hopefully get some better ones shortly.

SDC11401.jpg

SDC11399.jpg

SDC11404.jpg

New arch gap ...

SDC11406.jpg

SDC11407.jpg

As always Comments and advice welcome :approve:

Jay

182 Cup
Looking good mate, if you don't mind me asking what spacers do you have? Are they the hubcentric ones that bolt to the hub first or did you just use longer wheel bolts? Want that kind of arch gap on my inferno!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Looking good mate, if you don't mind me asking what spacers do you have? Are they the hubcentric ones that bolt to the hub first or did you just use longer wheel bolts? Want that kind of arch gap on my inferno!

Thanks mate, there 15mm FK spacers on both front and back. There hubcentric and bolted to the hub, found that my standard renault bolts were slightly too long so decided to go for the stud conversion rather than buy smaller wheel bolts too. Yeah im happy with the arch gap too, its on sportlines as well with going for a smaller alloy. Is yours still on the standard cup springs ?

182 Cup
No I had mine put on coilovers a few years back but I'm thinking of goin back to cup shocks and sportlines as I'm finding the ride a bit hard now!! I'll look into stud conversion then, don't fancy shorter wheel bolts! Have been tempted by 20mm each side but those 15mm look spot on and as I have standard cup wheels 20mm might look a bit too much and/or scrub on lock.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Ah rite, i had thought about coilovers too but im happy with the sportlines, cant see much difference in the ride between them and my standard cup springs either. Yeah i went for the pure motorsport stud conversion as wasnt to keen on shorter bolts either. It seems highly recommended from guys on here too. Yeah the 15mm are perfect in my opinion, could have gone for 20mm on the rear but the front ones have left the wheel sitting flush with the arch and havent had any problems with scrubbing. Not sure if the cup wheels would make any difference but i reckon the 15mm would be about right mate.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
My clio has been rather unwell as of recently, Started off with a poor idle and having a tendancy to rev on its own. Unfortunatley this progressed to an electrical warning light and then going into limp mode before finally the engine management light coming on. Showed up as a Throttle position sensor fault so have had a new throttle body fitted today and for the time being all seems well. Another thing to add to the long list of parts now replaced :S