ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to have my 2118's painted seeing those pics😍

20220803_141744.jpg
20220803_141652.jpg

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I'd go the same mounting set up you had on the Monaco, I have the same as you but with purple powerflex dog bone, rattles like a b**ch inside also, so fu&in annoying, just fit a b14 kit and get a good geo set up, it's all you'll need and not crash for the uk potholed roads

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd go the same mounting set up you had on the Monaco, I have the same as you but with purple powerflex dog bone, rattles like a b**ch inside also, so fu&in annoying, just fit a b14 kit and get a good geo set up, it's all you'll need and not crash for the uk potholed roads
It’s what I plan on doing tbh, I’m even considering new cup shocks and cooksports too!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
It’s all of the things you mentioned. Those Evol solid dogbones are shite. Anything solid like that will have zero “give” in it at all. Add to that the stiff engine mounts, and cheap dampers.
All that NVH will be coming straight into the cabin.

Personally if it’s just staying on road I’d fit new Cup dampers, a quality lowering spring and some sensible engine mounts.
Add some fresh tyres and geo and the car will be transformed and I dare say will drive just as well as your old one.

You’ll make some cash back on the “hurry up” parts too.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Spent a bit of time out on the Clio yesterday.
The 2 jobs I had to do was strip the 3rd brake light, This was done with much ease and packaged up to be sent to @Touring_Rob to work some magic on it!
The 2nd job was a bit more of a chew as it was changing the washer pumps out of the tank. 1st issue encountered was the fact the bottle was full and I didn’t fancy losing all the fluid.
The problem was solved by using a kids cheap draw back and push water pistol with a bit of tube to draw out the whole 3.5ltr of washer fluid 100ml at a time.
Thought I was winning! Pulled one of the pumps, changed the seal, popped it back in to test and nothing! And yes I topped up the fluid just enough to clear the intake.
Had another looked traced the pipes back from the bonnet and I’d changed the wrong pump! But the new pump wasn’t spinning up but the old one was. I sorted it by switching over the wiring plug but the pump wasn’t to the bonnet. In comes some cheap pipe I had laying around with a fishtank tee piece.
66F0F865-34F8-45BE-B011-4DEA042C9D50.jpeg

The only slight issue I have now is that when I do the rear washer the front sprays but the rear wiper goes! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I will sort it properly but with winter pending I’m just glad to have jets that work however I am on the look out for some misting jets rather than spray jets. I believe Citroen/Peugeot are the ones to get?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Squirt out the front and wipe the back eh 🤔😂😂😂. I do believe it's the C1 etc mist jets you want, massive difference when wiping the wrong screen🤣.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Before…
69CF89B3-902D-4C17-ACD8-D0682A9FF87C.jpeg

After…
CC4649E4-0B71-4C50-B645-4AE9812F2101.jpeg

I didn’t use crackle effect paint for the boost pipe in the end just some satin black I had in the garage. Still undecided if the keep cover OEM grey or go Inferno orange with it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon fibre update…
View attachment 1598463View attachment 1598464
Thanks to @Clio_fool for getting these door grabs out to me, they finish off the carbon in the cabin very nicely without being ott!
As it stands carbon fibre fitted…
Clock surround
Door grabs
Door pulls
Dash trims
Steering wheel centre
Washer blanks
Rear bumper trim

Still to fit after getting clear coated…
Fog surrounds
Exhaust surrounds
Rear washer cover
And I’m on the look out for or may buy new carbon splitter!

@Clio_fool can you still get these ?