ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My insurance quote

Right,

got to renew my insurance by tuesday.

Im 21, 2yrs NCB, 2002 1.2 16v.....

Reno Insurance renewal wants £644 (standard).....with my 17" & with/without tints is £800.

Is this a good price??

The standard car is a v.good price but with the wheels, it goes up by £155!! Normally, it cost only an extra £60 or so......

What should i do?? Who can match them and beat them??

Tried all the big companies.....except for HIC yet. will call tom.

HELP!!

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Im getting annoyed at online quotes for my 1.2 Dynamique lol. I insured my 2.0 Fiesta with all mods declared for £389 fully comp with any car cover, and my bf on it for free... (ok, so it is 3 yr ncb and limited to 3k miles)

Dynamique online quotes are around the £500 mark fully comp 2 yr ncb with my bf...

I could get my fiesta insured with non limited mileage for around £600 lol. A 2.0 modded fezza is more likely to b nicked / crashed etc than a 1.2 Clio,

Will have to phone HIC and c if they will do it cheap for me as the Fezza is through em.

Im 21 btw

well im 22, 2yrs ncb, with a 1.4 16v and ive got that for 640.50 from direct line so for a 1.2 i think they are taking the piss. It was 688 to reno ins.

what?!!!

where the hell do you guys get these quotes?!!

£644 is the cheapest by far....Tesco, Admiral, Direct Line....all dont come even close....around £900-£1200.

I dont even live in a high crime area.....although come to think about it, my ice did get nicked from my car parked in my driveway....hmmmmm...DAMNIT!

Gonna call Phil now and see what he says...

cheers, will be back with the good new...hopefully.

im paying £401 on my clio 1.2 16v with churchill, admittedly, they are not very mod freindly, but, for the rest of my policy i wont be able to afford to mod most guttin thing was they stopped me gettin my 172, wouldent insure any driver under 30 on it!

Quote: Originally posted by psychy on 28 February 2004

what?!!!

where the hell do you guys get these quotes?!!

£644 is the cheapest by far....Tesco, Admiral, Direct Line....all dont come even close....around £900-£1200.

I dont even live in a high crime area.....although come to think about it, my ice did get nicked from my car parked in my driveway....hmmmmm...DAMNIT!

Gonna call Phil now and see what he says...

cheers, will be back with the good new...hopefully.
tip for ya. Add your mum onto your insurance even if she doesnt drive your car and watch it fall. Women get 30% off and also if there is someone else declaired as driving your car, then the probability of you yourself smashing the car within the set milage is reduced.

Cup 172

i did the tesco online quote which was £470 last year (21,2 yrs ncb) rang up to tell em about the wheels and they said dont worry about it, but they will not pay out for them in a claim

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

HIC increase with females on!! anyway HIC are in the same league as A.Flux.

Stick with a decent company. You may regret it, I know I am.

I pay £330 fully comp, high risk area. im 24 and 6ncbs. ihavent got any mods yet, but expecting to pay £100 extra when i do later this year.

I was gonna mod my car next month but Ive gone and knacked my suspension by hitting the kerb, costing upto £800 so thats out of the window.

ok, called HIC...phil wasnt in so Andy gave me quote.

HIC was £940......nowhere near as cheap as Reno although they did allow me to have mods free of charge.

Already tried to put my mum on my insurance, it only increased it by £70, never mind reducing it.

OK, i think i am forced to do the Reno renewal since they are cheapest.

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 28 February 2004

Except, HIC were 1/2 the price - or at least, they were.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

never dealt with elephant, but make sure the policy isnt with Highway Insurance.

As stated in previous threads their mailto:cr@p">cr@p

Quote: Originally posted by psychy on 28 February 2004

Bloody hell, you must live in a sh*thole!

I pay less than £1200 on my Williams, from Direct Line. Im the same age as you, but I only have 1 years NCB..

It just doesnt make sense you are being quoted so high?!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 28 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 28 February 2004

Except, HIC were 1/2 the price - or at least, they were.
they may of been cheap. But cheap isnt everything!! the service if you need to claim is losey!!

ahh sh!t ..!!

just did that elepant.com quote with my mum on...........gone down to £667 WITH the alloys!!

cheers norfolkminis!! will start all my quotes again....this time wid my mum on........