ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My K-Tec style induction set up

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Only if you cut it down from my experience, but with time and cunning no doubt someone will prove me wrong!

my attempt :) filter is big but it fitted just lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357844070.788761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357844070.788761.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 242
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357844061.505658.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357844061.505658.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 181

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Wow that is a tight fit! Bet it sounds great though. Mine is still going strong and still sounding amazing.

Since you guys are online at the moment, I had a quick look at the caf that connects the acoustic valve to the side of the standard box which is in the way for this set up of course.

Is it possible to disconnect it without taking the acoustic valve out? Had a quick attempt in the dark and it seemed a little obtuse, bit of an awkward angle to pull at and it I didn't want to just yank it out with so many wires in that area of the bay.

Or perhaps I need to man up either way..

Looks good Chris, hows it sounding with the ramair filter, incidently which one is it? I have came across a few ramairs ranging from £18-60 with ID neck of 70mm.
sounds fooking nuts lol im sure its just cos of the noise but it feel like it pulls better in the higher revs , il get a look at the invoice mate and let u know

dyno testing in a few weeks should be interesting

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Since you guys are online at the moment, I had a quick look at the caf that connects the acoustic valve to the side of the standard box which is in the way for this set up of course.

Is it possible to disconnect it without taking the acoustic valve out? Had a quick attempt in the dark and it seemed a little obtuse, bit of an awkward angle to pull at and it I didn't want to just yank it out with so many wires in that area of the bay.

Or perhaps I need to man up either way..
Well the CAF on mine disconnected once I'd taken the acoustic valve off but I'm almost certain the CAF will come off without even touching the valve, just give it a good yank haha.

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Hello guys,

Because of this thread, I saved money, and completed my intake.

To complement this threat, I thought I should add my set up.

However, I believe I overkilled the tighteners a little bit.

Other then that, the thing sounds fantastic, and is so much more reliable now.

Telefonassamsung158-vi.jpg

Telefonassamsung157-vi.jpg

Telefonassamsung156-vi.jpg

Now it looks like it has a fat amazonian snake attached to the motor!

Clio 172
here is mine. Already had the samco so just got a 70mm 90 alloy elbow. Had the Ramair filter at first but was a very tight squeeze so swapped it for the one shown. Really easy job and a great noise.
IMG557.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My alloy bend came with the samco when I bought it so not 100% on size. If you bought two silicone bends as others have done you could just cut them to size.

RB Clio 182
Thanks, I've had two bends turn up from ASH/ap store and so far both have been wrong (wrong item sent), the link you posted looks like a 150mm leg length, only option available on the ASH website.

This is the exact bend i ordered and it was a perfect fit first time.

Mine...

CAM00994_zpsa6875980.jpg

I am making one of these and its time to decide what filter to put on the end. Is there a general preference or is it much of a muchness :) Am thinking ITG Maxogen, Pipercross or Apexi.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I went with a Pipercross, as have many, as they fit so well in the space and are great quality.

PIPERCROSS C0171 Universal Air Filter 70mm ID Rubber Neck

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Mine isn't secured by anything, I tried using cable ties but this did not work. The Pipercross fits pretty tightly behind the headlight so although I imagine it does move around a fair bit, it isn't catching on anything or causing any damage. I have had it on like this for a fair few months and the Pipercross itself is still in great condition.

RB Clio 182
Mine isn't secured by anything, I tried using cable ties but this did not work. The Pipercross fits pretty tightly behind the headlight so although I imagine it does move around a fair bit, it isn't catching on anything or causing any damage. I have had it on like this for a fair few months and the Pipercross itself is still in great condition.

​+1

Clio 172 turbo
Taken from my project thread:

Great update today.

First things first, off comes the passenger side wheel along with the arch liner. The acoustic valve then came off, bolt in the end of the lil hose, and tie everything up.

46B72E76-5877-4EC2-AA29-EBA0D806BD97-49413-00000C00692BBE0C.jpg

Next I went about removing the airbox and the two air feeds, replacing them with an 90 degree alloy bend and a Pipercross filter I bought from Regals Motorsport. I wasn't 100% sure whether the Pipercross would fit behind the headlight but as you can see it went in there easily with a little room to move around and position. I think the setup looks great in the bay.

D26C35CD-D158-4CE3-91AE-75D2C7D74860-49413-00000C006EDD9C07.jpg

C81A50AB-99E9-41EF-A3AB-DC994F831C2E-49413-00000C0073D3D9C7.jpg

0CA1A667-7FD5-485D-AD97-AFD04C7F6E96-49413-00000C007CA63257.jpg

E4A8BF0A-E667-45AB-9AE2-8C5B74E02C50-49413-00000C0081C31335.jpg

I've taken it for a quick drive and the sound is amazing!! Driving sensibly up to around 3.5k you cannot hear it at all but as soon as you open the taps it roars and puts a massive smile on my face. I'm really happy with this set up (some might say similar to the k-tec item) and it has cost me about £110 all in.

I'm very interested to see what you guys think?

dose any one have a link to the pipercross filter

172 Phase II
I already had the k&n filter when I bought the car so I just bought the alloy bend on eBay for about 15 quid and here's the result.

Was scared maybe it wasn't gonna fit because everybody is using such small filters but it fits nicely and looks the part I think. Also makes a monstrous sound compared to the regular fitting of the filter! Was thinking maybe a bit too loud for my taste but ill give it some time..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374174093.654898.jpg