ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Last Detailing Adventure....

Black/Gold 182!
Superb Has!! Seen this car a lot the last few weeks, will be sorry to see it go. Hopefully will stay in ClioSport.

Jay, nice job mate, the car looks stunning now. Nice WebSite aswel. ;-)

Chocolate Bar™
be a sad day when it finally goes, but onwards and upwards has :)

you get my pm btw? as renault are useless lol

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Where did you get that thing around your exhaust and the Japanese Clio badge? I really want BOTH of those! I have a similar exhaust.

Superb Has!! Seen this car a lot the last few weeks, will be sorry to see it go. Hopefully will stay in ClioSport.

Jay, nice job mate, the car looks stunning now. Nice WebSite aswel. ;-)

Glad you like the website. I've got a mate who's a web designer! ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice car, good detail on it too - and his prices seem pretty reasonable, except his "paint decontamination" service just seems to be a clay as far as I can tell, but costs £100??!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nice car, good detail on it too - and his prices seem pretty reasonable, except his "paint decontamination" service just seems to be a clay as far as I can tell, but costs £100??!

Its probably based on the amount of time and effort involved...Claying properly isn't a 2 minute job!!!

How long does it take YOU to clay your car?
Plus, its once every so often, so it isn't like its something you need to do every month or so, is it?

If you don't want to pay for the claying...then you don't have to do it. It is there as a choice should you want it to be done.

Mito Sportiva 135

Its probably based on the amount of time and effort involved...Claying properly isn't a 2 minute job!!!

Plus, its once every so often, so it isn't like its something you need to do every month or so, is it?

If you don't want to pay for the claying...then you don't have to do it. It is there as a choice should you want it to be done.

Mate calm down!

Claying isn't a 2 minute job, no, but it takes a LOT less time than a proper polish, e.g. correcting swirls and light scratches. It would take around an hour on a Clio normally for me, depending on how bad it is.

£80 for a clean and polish is very reasonable, but when you want to polish a car you want the best surface to work on and you will clay the car's paint/ wheels/ glass as necessary. £100 for a clay, which takes maybe an hour or so on a small car like a Clio, compared to just a machine polish which can take anything up to... well the sky is the limit, minimum 4-5 hours though, just seems out of proportion. I would always include a clay as part of a detailing job.

Just seems a bit strange pricing it like that, but that was me just guessing all it was is a clay - perhaps this decontamination surface offers more? Perhaps Jay can explain?

As I said though £80 is a very reasonable price especially if he is doing it professionally and has overheads.

106 GTi
Nice work on Has's car Jay

IMO prices for the polishing seem way too cheap if your doing proper defect removal rather than just a one step lick over and seal. Must agree claying is oddly priced.

Mate calm down!

Claying isn't a 2 minute job, no, but it takes a LOT less time than a proper polish, e.g. correcting swirls and light scratches. It would take around an hour on a Clio normally for me, depending on how bad it is.

£80 for a clean and polish is very reasonable, but when you want to polish a car you want the best surface to work on and you will clay the car's paint/ wheels/ glass as necessary. £100 for a clay, which takes maybe an hour or so on a small car like a Clio, compared to just a machine polish which can take anything up to... well the sky is the limit, minimum 4-5 hours though, just seems out of proportion. I would always include a clay as part of a detailing job.

Just seems a bit strange pricing it like that, but that was me just guessing all it was is a clay - perhaps this decontamination surface offers more? Perhaps Jay can explain?

As I said though £80 is a very reasonable price especially if he is doing it professionally and has overheads.

You have to remember these prices aren't just aimed at CS but public in general. I have seen some of the states of nice fancy cars out there that need a good valet/detail and clay, these people with a nice fancy car were more than happy to pay (inc clay) because of the finished result.

I'm in the process of doing a special CS promotion for a Cliosport members, for a very limited time only and should be finished very very soon. If you are interested, PM me so I can give you details when ready.

Formally Clio 182
Hey awesome job.

Does he go as far as North Hampshire?

I cant seem to find and valets near me who have a website. I'd like to see evidence of results before!