ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My last night with lusty

well tomorrow is the day I sell her up. Got to take her to the dealer at 11am tomorrow morning to exchange it for the accord.

So i'm gonna have to get up nice and early to make the 100 mile 2 hour trip.

I'm gonna sound like a reet sissy by saying this, but today at work I was thinking back over the 4 1/2 years I have had her, from when I picked her up brand new to now and it is quite upsetting. I know I am going to miss her terribly and she has bought a lot of positives into my life (such as meeting new people etc). But unfortunately I need a sensible car as I am going into selling and cant exactly take lusty to clients places.

All that money I have spent on her aswell. I really dont want to think about it lol. I just wonder where she is going to end up and really hope she goes to a good home and not to some scum bag who is going to rag her about with 5 mates in the back etc.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Without sounding shi*ty mate, it will probably end up in some young kids hands getting manfat all over the seats, its hardly gonna be a sensible persons car looking like it does.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
All that money I have spent on her aswell. I really dont want to think about it lol. I just wonder where she is going to end up and really hope she goes to a good home and not to some scum bag who is going to rag her about with 5 mates in the back etc.

Good chance of that happening to it imo.

M235i / 172
Bst thing you could do. Good move getting rid, but as said dont think about the £xxxxxxxxx you've spent on it.

Charged Superleggera
will be gutting seeing it go i bet mate but im sure you will enjoy your new car just as much

You never know, the next owner might carry on with the mods and we might see her on the cover of redline/fast car/ max power in a years time or so. That would be fu**in freaky if that happened.

Where you getting the accord from ??

a dealer in Lancashire.

why u getting such a big car for just yourself?

my old man had one and it was great. Never had a problem with it and tbh they are a lot of car for the money they fetch atm. It's just a stop gap really until I get some savings to get more of an enthusiasts car.

I'm sure people on here who have owned modded cars will understand how I am feeling right now.

Did you get £300 cash back in the end ?

I spoke to the guy today. He said he is happy to negotiate when he sees the car etc. I have been offered 3 months warranty but think I could ask for 300 quid cash back and take the car with no warranty and see what he says.

As per the other thread if won't give you cash, try to get it out of him another way, fuel, warranty etc.

A warranty on a Honda is pointless. Go for cash instead.

that's what I am thinking. The warranty is pointless for me cuz I aint gonna travel 100 miles to take it to him if I get a problem with it. The car has full honda service history and last serviced 4,000 miles ago so i'm sure it will be fine.

I think I might try and get 400 quid cash back. That way i'm effectively selling it for 3,100 which imo is a bargain for anyone.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are hondas really that reliable?

This is no s**t...

My Dad had a 2.0 vtec Executive thing brand new in 1999. Ran it for 3 years and did 130,000 miles in it. Perfect. Not a single bit of bother and my Dad drives like a hooligan. Proper rep-man. Just normal routine servicing, didn't bother with cambelt as it was going to Auction when he finished with it.

His mate rings him, saying he's just won £5000 on the horses and wants to buy said car from him. Dad says its at Auction so matey goes along and buys it for £3900. (this was in 2002 remember!)

Since he's had it, he's done another 50,000 miles and its still on the same Cambelt/clutch/gearbox and everything. He hasn't serviced it at all in his ownership (the last service being my dads at about 100k)

Awesome cars.

Turbo LY R27
How come your going into sales? What you selling? Bit of a shat time to be getting into that isnt it?

Hope it all works out either way tho.:approve:

clio trophy No56
Hope its a accord type r?
My mate had a accord type r and it was mint, got to say though even with its extra 30bhp and LSD the Trophy kept up on the twisty bits no probs and in a straight line the Trophy is faster.
Good strong engines in the hondas though, enjoy!
Im sure u will regret it!