ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little 1.2

Golf GTD
Just washed it seeing as the weather is nice, took some pictures too, pretty good for me I think.

Im lookin at getting an exhaust i reckon soon, would love a cup spoiler but cant justify the cost of one.

Not keen on the red drums anymore either, gonna paint them black when i get a chance.

Feel free to leave your opinions! :)

Attachments

• 100_0745.jpg
    100_0745.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0744.jpg
    100_0744.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0743.jpg
    100_0743.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0739.jpg
    100_0739.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_0740.jpg
    100_0740.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 44
  Lux'd Glacier White R26
Nice mate. Only thing i dont like about it is the red rear drum. When i had a 1.2, i made sure my after market wheels covered it up as best they could. I think a drum is an unsightly mess and certainly wouldn't colour it so its more visable.

Tyson.

Golf GTD
agree with you mate, done it on a spur of the moment whilst painting my calipers, gonna get the black paint out when i colour code.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
KyleB said:
dropped about 60mm i think, altho the front always looks high.

Needs a heavier engine

LOL, eat some more pies, that should bring it down a mm or 2!!

Looks good that, not too over the top.

The Beast MK4
Nice, painted my brakes black to go with my wheels and it does look good. You will not regret it. Don't like the lights though.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
heh, I'm just about to host my pics somewhere and then put them up, look lots like your but 60mm higher and wearing TSWs not wolfrace :D how much did it cost to lower and hows the ride been affected?

Golf GTD
joshydee said:
Shame about the lights, drums and wheels. To think this guy criticised a lil chrome pair of badges...

ha a pair of badges that try to make it look like something its not?

i couldnt care if you dont like my car, at least i make no bones about what it is. a 1.2

www.renparts.co.uk
end of the day wether mine is an RS or not.. it doesn't look like a chavs car. Ive taken a leaf out of renaults book as i think they style the car nicely so i know my modifications compliment the car... Your mods have added value ill say that much ;) just like the same mods compliment every rover 25 in my town...

Golf GTD
haha so because ive changed the alloys, lowered it, painted the drums (wrongly ill admit)and added some smoked rear lights its a chav wagon.

i think the RS looks amazing, and if i had one i'd make few changes. I dont see the point in trying to polish a turd, which a 1.2 is

www.renparts.co.uk
I don't see the 1.2 as a turd.... But i don't have one so it makes no odds to me. Id rather have mine how it is now (with or without the poxy badges) as its the styling i like, but as its a replica i see no problem with fiting the sport badges/ bullets. Im not embarrasing the RS brand as i never would race anyone..
thanks
josh

E60 diesel powah
i openly admit to people when they question me is it a sport..i say yes! lmao

na not realli i aint arsed wot people say..mine looks better :) lol

Golf GTD
i can understand the need to replicate a very good looking car, however i cant see the reason you would want people to think its the real deal.

its like getting a suit from asda, and sewing armani badges into it.

and lets be honest, the 1.2 engine is a turd.

to be honest i think its pointless arguing about it. everyones opinions are different. I personally dont like non-sports with sport badges, whilst others dont like non-standard rear lights or wheels.

Golf GTD
ive got one cos i cant afford to insure anything else. i'd love a 172 but sadly i refuse to pay 3-4k to insure one.

sure they are pretty fun to drive when your up to speed, but having to totally rag your car to get up to 60/70 isnt fun at all.

Golf GTD
well we differ again, i dont like having to hammer the s**t out of my car knowing the old boy doing 55 in his rover could drop it down a gear and be laughing.

i'd of thought if it was staying in the family you'd be less likely to rag it :S

Golf GTD
yeah thought i'd save some weight and sturdy up the chassis :p

also have got a centre console screen jobby, more weight saving :rasp: