ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little Clio - first car!

A grey one
I'm not 17 yet but just got my little 1.2 clio ready for when i can drive, I'm not overly sure on what i want to do with him yet but i have a pretty good idea. I know the progress is going to be slow because of school but when some is made there will be a fair few photos of it because of me being; A complete car freak and an Alevel Photography student. I'm also female and would like to prove all the male haters wrong.. Women can do this car stuff too, and not everything involves hair and make up. :D

I found this Dynamique with 60,000 miles on the clock for pretty cheap and very little wrong with it, infact nothing apart from the fact it only had 3 matching alloys.
Obviously the first step was finding one that matched, Ebay job- £25 posted, sorted.:rasp:
file175.gif

When he first pulled up on the drive. (he; Milo)
IMG_1692.gif

After a good clean!
IMG_1686.gif

The frenchies!

I absolutley cant stand the plastics, so the side strips had to be colour coded, which i did myself and to be honest dont look too bad, (after the second attempt), being a perfectionist everything had to match, the interior strips and gear knob insert had to be done too.
The pictures dont give them much justice but they do look alright, just the front bumper to do now.
IMG_2561.gif

IMG_2576.gif

IMG_2578.gif

IMG_2572.gif

When the bank balance decides to increase, i've got a few little things that need doing like clear side repeaters and silvervision bulbs etc, RS Grille, and a few bigger things like 172 wheels, new exhaust of some description and a 172 rear bumper.

At the minute my boy looks like a tractor or just a tiny clio on stilts so i bought some 40mm lowering springs off here and i'll fit them next week:approve:

I'm not sure what else i want to do to the clio yet because i dont want to make it look like i'm a divvy girl or a chav. "powered by fairy dust"... i think not!:dapprove:
So progress will be up soon, whenever i get round to it....
AND WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THE PHOTOS BIGGER. :(
Lauren.

Last edited:
  (s)Low Dynamique
Nice plans! I like the colour you have as well, it looks really decent! It's amazing what a difference colour coded side strips actually make.

172cup
Looks very smart :)
Plans sound good.

where about's in lincolnshire are you? A few of us from Skegness way on here.

A grey one
looks very tasteful apart from the alloys which you've said you're changing anyway so good on you!
looks like a good first car!

I sure am, they're not nice but as soon as i can afford 172's, they'll be on there :approve:

Looks very smart :)
Plans sound good.
where about's in lincolnshire are you? A few of us from Skegness way on here.

I'm around market rasen/louth area, in the middle of them both really! :)

OH. and does anyone know why this wont let me edit my post? :/, Much thanks.

Last edited:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Congrats on the first car, what's your insurance like? Especially with the mods?

A grey one
Congrats on the first car, what's your insurance like? Especially with the mods?

Thankyou :D With just alloys its £1024, i havent looked with the rest of the bits yet, but i've seen varied answers off here for what is what price, someone said lowering springs would be £300 and some say £50, so we shall see in time i suppose !

A grey one
Just done a quote! Including exhaust system changes, alloy wheels, bodywork changes and lowered, my insurance has only gone up £156! :D