ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my little mk1

1997 Mk1 1.2
Hey guys, been to this forum many times and always found what ive been looking for, so ive decided to join up:Dfirst post, ive owned a 97 mk1 ph3 1.2 for about 6 months now after the old fiesta mk3 failed its MOT on just about everything ,Thats when i brought my mk1. its my second french car after 1.4 306 merdian,
i brought it from a local dealer for £500 , one old lady owner from new (as usaul) with 64'000 , ive done 6000 miles in it so far and love it to bits :race: great fuel cosumption , (ive had near enough 50 mpg on a long run up northumbria recently) cheap insurance, its quite pokey for a 1.2 aswell, im running up a no claims bonus and hope to drop a bigger lump into it in the not too distant future,
Its in very good condition for a car thats 15 years old!, underneath is tidy , no signs of rust , got the full service history from new , every receipt from new, the lot,
i like to modify my cars,but keep it subtle and make it my own, (on a budget)

fitted a 3.5" backbox and decat i had lurking in the garage, but it was ridiculously loud, (kept back box but replaced the CAT),
Built up a enclosed k&N with some carbon fibre pipe from work
abit of stickers here and there
LED side lights
blue LED strips in footwells and under seats
painted stardard 13" steelies
rear end lowered about 50mm , ~(riding with some reverse rake whilst saving for coilovers)definitely stiffed up the backend though,

im now working through respraying all door strips , bumpers, door handles and other dark work in satin black

just thought id post a few pics to see what you guys think :)

image_zps19067b41.jpg

image_zpsb25c3d3c.jpg

image_zps80f4720d.jpg

image_zps89c52907.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mk1's rock, but I must say I hate that huge exhaust on yours.

Still good to see another one still alive though!

1997 Mk1 1.2
Lol been called many things , but Barry's a new one
sorry forgot to introduce myself my names Tom , I'm from leicester

yeh I quite like the clean 'ratty'look , (not purposely removing decent paint for rust though, hate rusty bonnets and bits tbh , but each to there own :) , not into the whole 'need for speed body kits and spoiler crap either , going for a slight sleeper look,
Is looking abit tatty in those pics , comes up nice after clean and polish , got a nice dent in the passenger side wing , knocked wing mirror off but didnt notice the wing, noticed it about a month ago when I took those pics , Ive been leaving it in a multi-storey carpark quite a lot and chances are someone's hit it in there, no note was left though , might get in touch to see if there's any CCTV footage , but I don't know whether it's worth the hassle , no paint has been removed , it's another job on the to do list now , I think it'll pull out easily enough ,
thought about 'slammin' it to the floor when ive got some coilovers but there's so many speed bumps and pot holes around here , it wouldn't be practical, problerly get away with another 30-50mm , but I'm not sure,

Any body have any idea what colour it is ? Colour code?

its off the road atm , due to no tax , got both bumpers off with the intention of spraying them up black , but I wouldn't mind colour coding them to match the rest of the car ,
Cutting an exhaust cut out , to get rid of the 'drooping'exhaust look and make up a nice heat shield to tidy it up,
Sprayed and replaced the lower windscreen panel' yesterday(not if that's what it's called, covers window wiper motor and water bottle etc )and resealed the screen , also blasted and sprayed the wiper arms ,
just a couple of more pics I took this morning before I left for work , wipers and panel,and a better view of my dented wing ,
image_zps8b2672ea.jpg

image_zps3484b05e.jpg

going to polish up once I've got the bumpers back on
An take some more pics , problerly be next weekend,
please let me know if you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions :)

1997 Mk1 1.2
Done a few more bits and pieces yesterday after work and this afternoon, took a few more pics aswell,

image_zps197dc774.jpg

LED sidelights , thinking of going HID soon
image_zps489ab59a.jpg

LED strips

image_zpsef2d8746.jpg

sprayed door strips in black as theyd faded to grey look like new , puts my bumpers to shame now though

image_zpsb2aa45fd.jpg

sprayed glove box door ,

image_zps9d8657d2.jpg

image_zpsc578a39c.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what i did this afternoon :)windscreen blower grill sprayed silver, top half of dash sprayed black , wiper arms and black panel and grills (i have no idea what this panel is called lol) i sprayed the other day,

image_zps0a121852.jpg

not the best of photos tbh, sun was setting once i'd finished, (take some better photos tomorrow) , top half of dash and ashtray in black , blower vent in silver,

image_zps6035c1ee.jpg

whilst i had the dash board apart i decided to spray the clock surround in silver,

image_zps283eb46a.jpg

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Wow the speedometer surround looks really good! haven't seen that done myself. how did you do that if you dont mind me asking

1997 Mk1 1.2
cheers mate , yeh thought i'd try something different , i removed the top half of the dash board , the dial cluster is secured with 4 T25?(i think ill check in the morning ) torx screws ,(2 on top , 2underneath)

i removed the panel dierectly below the steering column to get to the screws underneath

pulled the cluster out ( left speedo cable connected so it was quite tight for space)

undid the clips around the top and bottom edge (ill get a photo )

this left the black surround (now silver) with the glass glued on , i used a heat gun the soften the glue and used an old .25mm feeler to break the seal,

removed the glass then sprayed surround then replaced

​im pleased with it, its come up nicely :)

1997 Mk1 1.2
its been a while since ive posted anything about the mk1 and theres been some changes:)

got hold of some 16" laguna alloys and four tires (195/50) in an ebay bargain for £80 all in

image_zpsa6707e82.jpg

image_zps04b23761.jpg

had them balanced and everything checked out , thinking of spraying them bronze after a refurb over the winter months

finished off spraying the front and rear bumpers and the rest of the dark wo[rk in satin black , i removed everything apart from the bumpers and door handles

IMG_10091_zps9500bb34.jpg

IMG_10081_zps98ee9ae6.jpg

IMG_10121_zps5f60ecb7.jpg

IMG_10101_zps1cad4b47.jpg

(lol spot the fail)

IMG_10131_zps993c3d9b.jpg

i was going to colour code them with the rest of the car but im glad i didnt now, looks mean :D

1997 Mk1 1.2
Standing for 2 years
-Immobiliser fault (won't turn off )
-Head gasket failure , engine hydro-locked , known amount of internal damage

Breaking for spares ,
Delivery/courier of parts can be arranged at buyers expense ,
PayPal or cash on collection

anyone interested ?