ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My long awaited purchase of a 172 Sport.

Phase 2 172 Sport
After a very long month or so of looking and being let down i can finally say I have what I have been looking for.

I have picked up today after a a very long 4 hour drive a 172 Sport on an 02 plate from another member on here bigup7. I cannot thank him enough absolute top bloke 110%.

Im sure a few of you know of the car already. Hopefully I can keep the car in as pristine condition as Asif did.

Just a couple of picks when I got home from my lovely 4 hour drive in the rain.

28517210150232406431712.jpg

By gskingsbury at 2011-07-17

28323810150232408021712.jpg

26982510150232407616712.jpg

26778710150232408581712.jpg

All feedback would be much appreciated.

I will be adding a few small pieces to the car and making a few trips to a few of the tuners on here so watch this space.

Cheer's Gav.

Megane 225 F1
Good on your for traveling for a car. So many people refuse to travel for a car. Id drive to Scotland if the right car came up (id visit them homos up there as well).

Looks a good car. What plans you have?

LY R26
could have saved yourself a trip and bought mine lol

looks tidy though, lot of normal mods already done which is a bonus.

Phase 2 172 Sport
After seen the advert for the car and the effort and receipts and his passion for it I couldn't not go for it so we left at 8.30am and I got back to mine at roughly 5pm. This car was well and totally loved by Asif and from meeting the gentleman he was a true enthusiast.

Well I really don't want to ruin the car so I am properly stuck in 2 mines with what to do to it. I think first of all im going to get the alloys refurb as 1 has a few little marks on so I am probably going to go a gun metal grey colour with them. Next will be some coilovers and uprated top mounts yet to decide on what make it all depends 1. what comes up or 2. what I can afford.

Then there will be a few things done to the engine but all in due course :rasp: !!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Ash I didn't see you had 1 for sale and I did put up a wanted add in the correct section. Lol

Yeah very very good price and as stated it already has a lot of the normal cosmetic mods other people including my self would have made.

It does how ever already have Brembo HC disc's and DS2500 pads with HEL braided hoses and better fluid. Also had a ITG panel filter fitted but also came with a BMC. It has a de-cat fitted and a Renault mild steel back box and centre section. Also it has been lowered 30mm on Sportlines aswell !!

Not bad for the money I paid TBH for an 02 with 60k on the clock :D !!

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Looks nice mate gotta love the berg ;)
Is that front and back 30mm? Looks a little high for me, probably just the pictures.
Get yaself a 3/4 plate yo

Phase 2 172 Sport
Cheer's guy's !! Yeh it is 30mm front and rear. There are pics on bigup7's build thread from Norwest Performance * Think thats who he said it was * fitting the sportlines.

I will get some better pics and give it a clean after the 200 mile drive home from Manchester !!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Cheers lads im just waiting now to sort my insurance out properly so i can drive it !!! Had 24hr insurance just to drive it home !!

'Berg Sold, Cupra-R
Looks spot on.

Keep the wheels silver though, will look good with a set of coliovers......Enjoy!

320d
Good on your for traveling for a car. So many people refuse to travel for a car. Id drive to Scotland if the right car came up (id visit them homos up there as well).

I made a 500 mile round trip to get my 172. Well worth it. Excuse for a day out too.

I was looking at this car in the for sale section (just browsing not to buy it) it really is a great spec and a bargain at that price too.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheer's guy's !! Yeh it is 30mm front and rear. There are pics on bigup7's build thread from Norwest Performance * Think thats who he said it was * fitting the sportlines.

I will get some better pics and give it a clean after the 200 mile drive home from Manchester !!

Await the haters telling you that everything on the car will be fitted incorrectly

:S

Phase 2 172 Sport
Await the haters telling you that everything on the car will be fitted incorrectly

:S

Ha ha ha ha is that because its not the norm and not been a sheep and followed every 1 else. Well i test drove it and brought it 200 miles home and it is absolutely fine !!!

Obviously i wont be going back there from where i live as there are alot of tuners alot closer !!

Mk5 golf gti
Ha ha ha ha is that because its not the norm and not been a sheep and followed every 1 else. Well i test drove it and brought it 200 miles home and it is absolutely fine !!!

Obviously i wont be going back there from where i live as there are alot of tuners alot closer !!

No, its because they are shite :)

Phase 2 172 Sport
Degree from the back of a cornflakes box !! Lol well im glad to see in general all the comment's have been good. Looks like i have a good base to build from :approve:

Clio 172

I drove to Kent from South Wales for my first 172 .. about a 500mile round trip as I had it for a steal! About 800 less at the time than was the going rate with lower mileage and cambelt sorted.
Second one I bought from Norwich near enough 12 hour round trip (600miles) the night before my my first LPC exam. Like a boss! Again about 800 below the going rate with minty low miles and cambelt sorted! Think I paid £3200 for a 03plate with 48k on the clock FSH and lots of niggles sorted. I sent the offer expecting a polite f**k you back but they instead said when can you pick it up, was rude to say no then lol!

Nothing scarier though than driving that distance and thinking .. I hope to god this isnt a shitter!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Nothing scarier though than driving that distance and thinking .. I hope to god this isnt a shitter!

Exactly this. I was worried it was going to be a massive waste of time but luckily the man was as genuine as they come but as we all know not every 1 is !!

Deffo was worth the trip though !! Im soooo happy with it :)

Phase 2 172 Sport
i bet that plate is worth a bit of dosh,

MEN IN WHITE 1966 ,world cup.

you would get some 1 paying you good money for that.

Bang on there son but if it was any true football fan they would know that in the final its self we actually wore RED !! But yes indeed this is what it could stand for :approve: !! I actually sent off a valuation form yesterday and it came back saying it was worth £800. I know i probably would never see that through most of the companys so i dont know what to do with it especially as the plate i do want is for sale G4V SK !!