ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My M3 Progress Thread

fiesta 1.25
Picked up my silver grey last week from scotland, loving every minute of it. Its an animal compared to my 330 however there were some things that needed to be sorted.

The first job was to replace the clicky indicator stalk with a new one. This unfortunately requires taking the airbag and steering wheel off. It didn't go to plan and as i was fitting the stalk this happened...

76596e47.jpg

Ive put it back together but its not right and the airbag and i light are on aswell as my brake lights?

As it was such a lovely day i thought i would get it cleaned up and see the state of the underside of the car. Even though the interior and body work is in immaculate condition the scottish weather has certainly taken its toll on this chassis, the underside was very rusty and dirty so i decided to give the wheel arches and brakes a good clean and checked if they were seized as they don't seem to have the stopping power i thought they would but they seemed fine.

I couldn't decide what colour to do the callipers out of black or silver so i decided to mix i think it looks as close to oem as possible.

e97c3f25.jpg

after

ad61ab4e.jpg

cleaned the exhaust pipes not perfect but they will do

before
5e0031c5.jpg

after
0372ba3d.jpg

Also found this when i was doing the rears..
21a2e15d.jpg

and the other side, looks asif they are both snapped??

4b37f5eb.jpg

Next was to sort out the HK speaker grills. This also didn't go to plan, for some reason i thought it would be ok to polish them not knowing it was painted plastic. I then decided i would spray them black. They look better imo but again not perfect.

before

3ed68f29.jpg

after
2b656638.jpg

also tried to polish the headlights as the yard very hazy compared to my 330 this is the best i could do with SRP and some elbow grease

e1774a4a.jpg

The end result

8e2629c8.jpg

01f58413.jpg

5ba856f1.jpg

613e8daa.jpg

3b0cfbe1.jpg

comments and criticisms welcomeM

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Looks nice and clean now!

A tip for the exhausts....

Get yourself a dremmel and a little pink round sanding ball onto it and polish the insides of the exhaust up with that. I done mine 2 years ago and they still clean easy each time im washing the car and look nice and silver. You can also do the outisde of the exhaust with some metal paste to polish them up nice and shiney.

Megane 225 F1
Nice.

When that spiral thing came out of my steering column, I knew it wasn't a good thing. Ripped it all out in the end :D

Turbos.
LOL! Things like that remind me why i don't touch my car. I would probably wreck it and hurt myself

Snapped springs are very common; excuse for some Eibachs.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Dont get eibachs, get intrax.
evolve sell them for £220 if your on M3 cutters..

Heres a dirty picture of mine on Intrax springs..

2012-01-31135944.jpg

2012-01-31135958.jpg