ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Clio! What do you think

A red missile

Doesnt really do it for me to be honest, bit too over the top but to be fair its not as bad as that sh*t-awful micra i saw on here earlier - now that IS bad.

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 28 August 2005

What engine is in it, just in your efforts of defending your mates shocking car you might somehow be able to claim him back some credibilty. ;)

I think it has the 1.4 engine in it.

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 28 August 2005

What girls like that?

As you see from the pics at the shows, all the birds were going mad for the Clio. My mate got alot of numbers! They all just wanna ride in the the pimped up Clio...The car does attract alot of attention..

EP3 Civic Type R

"The car does attract alot of attention"

So does a naked fat bird walking up the high street but it doesnt make it a good thing.

Look speaking from a girls perspective here-if your mate was David Beckham and drove that clio i wouldnt talk to him, id have to be paid to even stand near it...i mean come on mate, face it- its rank!

[Edited by Mish_16V on 28 August 2005 at 9:36pm]

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 28 August 2005
I know i havent really got much to say but

1, Its a terrible colour
2, Its a five door
3, ARHHH Horrible bump strips

What about the women then?
If he pulls girls driving about in that then they must ride in the play bus :p

nothing wrong with 5 doors ;) but i know your not a hater of them anyway :)

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 28 August 2005

Just out of interest, why are you posting and not your "mate"?
maybe the owner was too ashamed to come on here say it their car.
i would be too, if owned a car which looked like that.

unless the dude who posted it up is actually the owner ?

Guess what, im not a fan of it at all.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Id cry laughing at that if I saw that coming up behind me.

I saw a bog standard green 5 door Clio the other day with twin white Viper stripes through the middle.

Why?

Do people not stand back, look at their car and see what everyone else sees?

At the end of the day alot of blood, sweat, tears and not too mention MONEY has gone into this car!

Give my mate some credit!!!

Look at the car again, look at all those birds drolling over it!!

S2000

The thing is though that it doesnt matter how much blood, sweat, tears and money has gone into the car as that alone doesnt make it a good car. IMO the car hasnt been modified wisely. The front bumper really doesnt suit the car, the wheels (although not to my taste anyway) have been ruined by the red bits on them and basic things such as colour coding have not been done.

As for the women drooling over it in the photos - they will be getting paid to be there and probably couldnt care less about the car.

[Edited by donsrno1 on 29 August 2005 at 12:05am]

Nike Lunar Elite's

Why would anyone want a bird that their car pulled??? Especially when the car looks as bad as it does.

Blood, sweat, tears, and money may have gone into the car, but clearly no thought went into the design. Probably didnt do any of it himself either, taken the easy way out by giving it the bodyshop and handing over the money.

Id like the rear bumper if it didnt have the stupid cutout, but the rest really doesnt suit the lines of the car.

Quote: Originally posted by Max Power on 28 August 2005

At the end of the day alot of blood, sweat, tears and not too mention MONEY has gone into this car!

Give my mate some credit!!!

Look at the car again, look at all those birds drolling over it!!
your username says it all really.

this car is a pile of sh*te!!

and im not buying any of this "if we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place sh*t"

infact

yes i am cos we need sh*te cars like this to remind us how much better our cars are. im guessing the "girls" that love this car are wee dirty slappers maybe 16 years old if your lucky. fine its your mates car and you obviously like it... but if any of my mates did that to their car i would be having some serious words with him his eyesight and his sexuality.

each to their own and all that.

[Edited by m4rk on 29 August 2005 at 12:19am]

just to add does it have lexus lights?? if not your mate has gone up 1 notch in my book, hes now at -99

S2000

TBH mate this is probably the wrong place to ask if you are looking for positive comments as there are a lot of people on here who really dislike the whole bodykit type thing and prefer subtle mods. I just gave my honest opinion and maybe its send a message out to your mate all these comments.

Im normally not too keen on over the top body mods but occasionally see a kit that I really like - in this instance though its just not my cup of tea.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Seen that car at a show in Mondello Park this year. Why enter into a show with red tape on the lights dude?? Rear bumper looked ok tho

"Navy" N17 TWO

Where in Ireland are you from Max Power ?
Im in Dungannon, Co.Tyrone (y) Cliosport rep for N.Ireland

Youve probably picked up a few regrets posting the car on here - never fear!
The car no doubt is different - as people say. Fair play to the owner!

I think if its your car then its what you like!
Although people can encourage their mates into great modifying ideas just by suggesting things or saying no to the tasteless stuff

Im always changing bits and bobs on my own car after taking "The by-standers view" every once in a while and thinking - some things could look better here - get where Im comming from?

As for your mates Clio - IMHO:
1 Smooth or colourcode the doors/sidestrips
2 Bigger alloys
3 Tidy up the cut-out Clio in rear bumper - possibly look sweet with a brake light instead of mesh??

If he could get it done at a reasonable price:
4 Remove the bonnet vent or get a carbon bonnet
5 Smooth-off the bulky bits on the front valance

With the above mods the car WILL look mint - even the owner might agree with some of these ideas - who knows?

Dont think anyone has mentioned the ICE setup in this thread - looks well I think :)

ive seen more attractive pieces of sh*t :eek:

sorry, but its cars and owners like that that give clios a bad name :eek:

cock mobile.

Not to my taste at all, but each to his own I guess.

The thing that annoys me more is all the skanks* on his car, I certainly wouldnt let my misses sit or climb on my car, nevermind them!!

(* If thats his bird or sis then I retract that statement :oops: )

Can sum1 plz send these photos to me?

Ive only seen the 1s on the thread, the link isnt working for me

clkf_mullins@hotmail.com

Quote: Originally posted by Max Power on 29 August 2005
Cmon...My mate did not expect his Clio to float everyones boat but everyone here has being so negative.

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 29 August 2005
TBH mate this is probably the wrong place to ask if you are looking for positive comments as there are a lot of people on here who really dislike the whole bodykit type thing and prefer subtle mods. I just gave my honest opinion and maybe its send a message out to your mate all these comments. Im normally not too keen on over the top body mods but occasionally see a kit that I really like - in this instance though its just not my cup of tea.

i like bodykitts. but that is just horrid.

Tigger in Tyrone, I will let my mate know what you wrote. He is in Dublin. Thanks for your comments...

I think its a case of the Big Green Monster for everyone else...

Quote: Originally posted by Max Power on 29 August 2005 think its a case of the Big Green Monster for everyone else...

i think we could just about fit what you know about the people on this forum on the back of a postage stamp. Jealous ? oh yeah please can i trade my 54 plate, lowered stripped, bucketed, lightweight rimmed 182 for a 5door, hideously modded, underpowered, rolling embodiement of tack that would be pointed and laughed at by everyone bar the crew at maccys carpark.

[Edited by Loony on 8/29/2005 11:45:15 AM]

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 29 August 2005

think its a case of the Big Green Monster for everyone else...

i think we could just about fit what you know about the people on this forum on the back of a postage stamp. Jealous ? oh yeah please can i trade my 54 plate, lowered stripped, bucketed, lightweight rimmed 182 for a 5door, hideously modded, underpowered, rolling embodiement of tack that would be pointed and laughed at by everyone bar the crew at maccys carpark.

[Edited by Loony on 8/29/2005 11:45:15 AM]
Except for the droolin chicks tho loon! Lets not be forgetting them!

Not a Clio

I think its a case of the Big Green Monster for everyone else...

I am literally crying with laughter!