ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates just found out his car is cat c

J

jonnytheboy

Just checked on DVLA website and they have no info on the car!!! Just says not found

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Just checked on DVLA website and they have no info on the car!!! Just says not found

Now try the same enquiry but put in Fiat Punto like you thought it was bringing up before and see if it gives you current details based on a Punto, then there is a problem.

ALSO, I know you might think this sounds stupid but check the front and rear plates and check a letter isnt in the wrong place, i've known people with cars and not realise a letter is swapped around with another when a plate has been made up wrong when replaced!!

So for example the front could be TW53 ATS and the rear could be TW53 TAS, sounds daft but people have been pulled by the police for stolen plates when in fact they have just had plates printed wrong!

a burnt one
I don't trust all those databases, all the insurance companies never get my car right when i enter in the registration, even the police ANPR pulled me saying the car is not insured.

Surely the doovla should hold a centra; database of every car in the country then everyone else gathers data from them, seems to me there is too many discrepancies in the small time insurers guessing what you drive.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FIAT PUNTO 1.2 8V ACTIVE
VIN***1935
2 OWNERS
NO COLOUR CHANGES
NOT SCRAPPED

WE HAVE NO RECORD OF YA04 BEING DECLARED A TOTAL LOSS BY AN INSURANCE COMPANY.

(I've just taken that ^^^ off HPI....)

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for YA04 YAV are:
Date of Liability 01 10 2010
Date of First Registration 30 07 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1242CC
CO2 Emissions 136g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval M1
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £60.50 12 Months Rate £110.00

And I've just taken that ^^^ off the DVLA website....

Da

Less
The vehicle details for YA04 YAV are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2010
Date of First Registration 30 07 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1242CC
CO2 Emissions 136g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £60.50
12 Months Rate £110.00

That's using FIAT as the manufacturer!

J

jonnytheboy

Just tryed DVLA again with that reg and Fiat as the make and its come back a fiat punto . . . . So the reg is off a fiat punto

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Check the front and back plates are identical. If so, he has a problem mate...

But what I dont understand is, has he got the log book?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
hum looking at the consumer forums value around -20/30% -for ex salvage vehicles, however if they can prove a large amount of repair took place then they can lower it to 40% or more-- which is why CAT C is really not worth buying as opposed to cat D-

so on a 5k car thats still 1.5k-

S

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
How the hell is this car insured?! If its based on the reg then surely the policy cover note would have the car as a Fiat Punto.

Basically, your mate is shafted!

J

jonnytheboy

I've got it!!!! Reg is YA04 AVY not YA04 YAV!!!!! so thats that problem solved, still a CAT C though

BMW 330CI M SPORT
hum looking at the consumer forums value around -20/30% -for ex salvage vehicles, however if they can prove a large amount of repair took place then they can lower it to 40% or more-- which is why CAT C is really not worth buying as opposed to cat D-

so on a 5k car thats still 1.5k-

S

Also depends on how much work you can do yourself. For a lot of people having a categorised car wouldnt be a problem. I have a £750 excess because i know anything around that value I wouldnt need my insurers to sort for me.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
I've got it!!!! Reg is YA04 AVY not YA04 YAV!!!!! so thats that problem solved, still a CAT C though

Ha, sounds daft but people are always getting letters the wrong way around, it's easily done.

If it is definitely a Cat C, it will say on the V5 - first page at the bottom.

Da

Less
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for YA04 AVY are:

Date of Liability 01 01 2011
Date of First Registration 10 06 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions 194g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £129.25
12 Months Rate £235.00

Renault this time ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
lol, was an interesting read till the reg confusion was sorted!

Ph1 172.
Are you sure it's a CAT C and the garage isn't just saying it's a CAT C? Has he since HPI'd it himself?

tiTTy & SV650
VIC checks are just to check numbers match aswell so anyone buying cat c don't for a minute think it's been on jigs etc being inspected it's just confirmation it hasn't been cut and shut!

My motorbike is a cat D, 10 years old and mint lol

ST
This.

Complete schoolboy error and he'll suffer financially.

Joker-Clapping.gif

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
1. If its Cat C, it will have the following anotation on the V5:

‘substantially repaired and/or accident damaged; identity checked on dd/mm/ccyy’.

2. If it doesnt have this on the V5, its either not a Cat C, or not been VIC checked, which is bad.

3. If it is a Cat C, has it written on the V5 and he still bought it without realising, he's a donut.

4. In addition, his mate is a c*nt.