ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates just found out his car is cat c

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Is there any advertising boards near this dealer? I would love to do a go fund me or similar to get this printed on a giant ass board next to their place!

we can give you plenty more if anybody wants to start printing those finds😉

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Proper ones but had some crappy ones too. Most use the same law company via subscription service.
But last dealings we had on legal stuff, delaer was advised to respond to our post on FB and not to pursue further action as nothing can be done.

Flol, I wonder if they see the irony in firing out threatening legal letters while continuing to sell a damaged car without disclosing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well played Arnie! Absolutely top service and something the industry has been crying out for. I run a bodyshop and sadly get to see the worst of the worst.

That Clio is insane! It was essentially a f**king Clio cup car now looks like a nice lads Clio RS.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Sadly a very small number so far....

Surprising really, you'd think the smart thing to do would be to check any car before they took it in, thus avoiding buying wrecks.

Is it more a case of what they don't know about they don't have to tell potential buyers?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Surprising really, you'd think the smart thing to do would be to check any car before they took it in, thus avoiding buying wrecks.

Is it more a case of what they don't know about they don't have to tell potential buyers?
Ignorance is a bliss. Most buyers dont know anything about vcheck, and as long as it is HPI Clear they will be happy.

i think vcheck causes more problems than help to dealers, as they have to change thier ways because of this new service. And nobody likes change.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Buying up un-recorded cars, fixing them up and punting them on is good business, it's no wonder you're ruffling a few feathers.

Wl66 BFY has just been purchased by a lads neighbour on the MK4 EDC group.

Unware of its history also 😪😪

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I hope whoevers neighbour it is pops over to have a quick word, if it's come from that dealer the owner will still have a shot at returning it.

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
We post so much stuff about each car online that googling the reg would reveal everything for free🤷🏻‍♂️ People still rely on HPI from different source but simple google would tell you more than anything esle😉

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
New owner casually googling their numberplate for a laugh:

Screenshot_3.jpg

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Wl66 BFY has just been purchased by a lads neighbour on the MK4 EDC group.

Unware of its history also 😪😪

I tried talking to DVLA so they can notify owners of the worst cars, but they said due to GDRP they can't even if there is evidence of fraud.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Wow great website. Don't want to spend the cash doing it on the car I already own, but will definitely be using this for my future purchases.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
There is a discount code CLIOSPORT, and just do the cheapest product. Unless you are afraid of the result :D
NEVER do a check in a car you own! Back in the day my nate did that on a 205 GTI he bought. After discovering it had been a write off he then crashed it into a concrete lamppost which landed on the roof and the car sat on the stump fusing all the wires together taking out all the street lamps and the cable TV in the area 😂😂.
If you've bought a car without doing a check don't add to the stupid and check after ffs🙄.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
There is a discount code CLIOSPORT, and just do the cheapest product. Unless you are afraid of the result :D

Didn't realise there was a discount code 🙈. I did HPI check my Megane RS265 before I bought it a few weeks ago. Reading this thread I got all nervous this morning and did the full check on your site. All good, phew!

Clio 182
Thankfully not. One of the failed MOTs the mileage dropped but jumps back up again for the passed one. Looks like a genuine error rather than anything dodgy.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I have just checked my Maserati on your site, all clear.

I did the usual HPI checks but VCHECK is far better, I will definitely be using it again.

If a high value car has a bad accident in its first year then the insurance company could/would spend £10k repairing it and not write it off. It wouldn't be listed as a CAT*. Do those cars just avoid all checks as the owner would not change?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If a high value car has a bad accident in its first year then the insurance company could/would spend £10k repairing it and not write it off. It wouldn't be listed as a CAT*. Do those cars just avoid all checks as the owner would not change?

Yea if it's insurance repaired then it won't show up on a check as it's not declared. Repairs are usually done to a decent standard, so it's not a massive issue.

Cars that have been smashed up, sold at auction and put back together in some sweaty back-street garage, then sold as perfect examples is where the problems start.