ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates vxr

Clio RS 182
Went to local multi story tonight just to check the lighting for pics, it's mapped to 220bhp, Remus exhuast and dump valve, will try and get down over the weekend will an Astra vxr nurburgring, another corsa vxr and my 182, what you think of pics so far

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804277.656933.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804277.656933.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 145
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804286.326074.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804286.326074.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 132
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804293.956615.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804293.956615.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 106
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804300.818522.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804300.818522.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804308.510790.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325804308.510790.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 99

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I like the VXR and surprisingly, they aren't that common around here.

Shame that Vauxhall decided to go all S-Line and make that 1.2 model look pretty similar to a VXR. Dilutes the flagship spec, imo.

D.

Clio RS 182
It's pretty rapid, top end is same as mine at about 130-140 but acceleration is mad, through the gears me red lining he's 4-5 car lengths ahead, got some sort of rs tuner but for vxr aswell

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I used to have one mapped and full miltek turbo back. It was so quick, poped and banged like nothing! Great motorway cruiser but no fun in anything other than a straight line, got rid after 6 months and bought another cup. I loved the seats and the noise it made tho

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Boost FTW, but looks awful IMO. If Vaux had turned the styling down a notch it might have been a bit nicer, slightly more subtle like the RS Clio compared to the 1.2 etc.

Wasn't going to say it but my first thoughts were 'bet it shifts but doesn't do corners' and Gaz85 has proven my point already haha !

Never mind.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really really hate the Corsa's for some reason. But i do like the Astra's..

Listerine & Poledo
Shame that Vauxhall decided to go all S-Line and make that 1.2 model look pretty similar to a VXR. Dilutes the flagship spec, imo.

They took a look on here and noticed that everyone with a 1.2 wants it to look like a 1*2.

May as well coin in on that.

EDIT: Oh, and Dump Valve? really? Didn't they get banned on the grounds of being tasteless?

Clio RS 182
The dump valve is stupid loud, far from it can just hear it but goes nice with the turbo whistle ad the exhaust going bang every now and then, will get some full hd vids on Sunday which I'll post

172 Cup
I never really likes them either at first but they have grown on me, best colour imo too love performance vauxhalls in arden blue.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not a fan of them at all... Styling is just too try hard for me.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Boost FTW, but looks awful IMO. If Vaux had turned the styling down a notch it might have been a bit nicer, slightly more subtle like the RS Clio compared to the 1.2 etc.

Wasn't going to say it but my first thoughts were 'bet it shifts but doesn't do corners' and Gaz85 has proven my point already haha !

Never mind.

Haha they are awful when they see a corner

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't mind the looks too much but coupled with a dump valve that just screams ultimate chav.

In all fairness I'm not really a Vauxhall man, so many cars I'd rather own than any VX.

Clio RS 182
Apart from the vxr, what do people think of the pics, as will be taking alot more tomorrow night, any ideas etc don't mind criticism at all....

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Apart from the vxr, what do people think of the pics, as will be taking alot more tomorrow night, any ideas etc don't mind criticism at all....

2nd one is the best. Nice angle on the car, not too high like the first one.

One with the lights on looks awful IMO. Too much glare.

Bottom one you can't see half the car :rasp:

White balance needs sorting on them all. Orange FTL

:evil:

Mini Cooper S
My mate's got an Arden Blue one:

DSC02782.jpg

He's got everything in place FMIC, full Piper system + panel filter...just biding his time for the remap.
Nice motor and sounds great, not for me though!

Nice photos, but like many the corsa VXR isnt for me either, i dont see how on paper they can be much faster over all than a stripped 172/182.

189 bhp as standard, 1.223 tons : 154bhp/ton
220 bhp mapped and money spend, 1.223 tons : 179bhp/ton

172 Cup, 1.035 tons : 166bhp/ton