ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mint valver has been killed

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Well I have the overwhelming urge to cry my F***IN eyes out
cry.gif
my valver is in a bit of a bad state
cry.gif
cry.gif

I was going to see d_diddy to sort some parts out after I finished work. Coming off the A52 to get onto the M1 @ j25, going down the slip road and slowing down for the lights I heard an almighty crash & some scraping, then got hit by something - a wheel, hub, part of a rear axle & suspension
icon_eek.gif
- smashed my rear qtr window and hit me on the back of the head & then in front of me I see a corsa flying & rolling through the air, over the top of me, followed by a lamp post all landing in front of me
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

The lad drivin the corsa, said he hit the kerb at 70 & it flipped him all over the place, how the f**k he got out that car I do not know ( I'll post pics later)

My lovely valver is fooked
cry.gif
I've got no doubt it will be written off, the roof is creased, B pillar & door are bent in several places, the rear qtr window frame is deformed.

The adrenalin has worn off now & I think a trip to hospital is in order as my head, neck, shoulder & back are pretty painful right now
icon_evil.gif

No doubt its a write off the structure itself is beyond repair imho, it's bent & doesn't drive straight :(

Don't worry I'll take the clown to the cleaners ;)

I sort of feel sorry for the guy I've been on the giving and recieving ends of car crashes so I know how it works, we all learn from our mistakes some do any way :rolleyes:

I didn't go to punch fcuk out of the kid as I seriously thought he was dead and since I deal with horrible sh*t @ work a bit of professionalism as well as shock takes over and you just get on with what needs to be done.....just going to be a busy day on the phone tomorrow :rolleyes:

I will put pics up, just cba right now and havin a few beers with my m8s
I'll probably be drivin a celica gt4 for a bit while I decide how best to go about buyin another Mk1:evil:

Titanium 182
Poor valver :(

If I had caused the write off of someone's pride and joy I would feel so so guilty :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
know how you feel loosing a minter mate....i was gutted,

100_0235.gif

100_0237.gif

to

endofsdv004.gif

endofsdv003.gif

sounds like you were very lucky though, as was the corsa driver, metal can be replaced, you can't

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Gutted for you mate, glad you're ok though, sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Clio 182 + Recaros
Sorry to hear your bad news. The accident sounds horrific.

On the plus side you have got away without any serious injurys or worse, hopefully you can source another valver. I'm sure you'd get plenty of help sourcing one via the forum.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Least you walked away from that. After 6th year when a mate died 3 days after passing his test when i read a thread like this my heart sinks because of this.

Car did look good but its a car, can be replaced.

Clio 197
s**t, lucky you walked away mate. Could have been a lot worse, car wheel travelling at 70mph hitting you in the face.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
s**t, lucky you walked away mate. Could have been a lot worse, car wheel travelling at 70mph hitting you in the face.

Well back of the head via window, B pillar & headrest :eek:

Getting it all sorted through angel assistance :approve: & I'll be breaking it for parts

Just really sore today :( I do security work full time & some part time door work, my head & neck hurt quite a bit, can't move my arm very well & my back hurts so I can't see me doin any door work for a while :mad:

Clio Rsi
sorry to hear that mate, but at least u get to build a nice new one now! In the meantime if your selling seats....................!

320d
Gutted, that vavler was mint. Make sure you buy it back off the insurance, the engine and other undamaged parts can be sold for a fair bit on forums/ebay.

Hope you find another mk1 and get it mint.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh no, thats realy unfortunate, Wrong place wrong time. Sounds like a write off for sure.
Gone but not forgotten. Glad your ok.