ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK2 1.2 Capsicumm (Very pic heavy)

Jap Box
Seeing as before I just used to make a new thread with 2/3 pics in whenever I cleaned I thought id actually make a project thread on the car and show how its got on through my ownership :)

Starting at day of purchase, here is the old girl upon seeing her first. Potential was seen past the battered trims and dodgy looking side decal and poverty trim level.

snP75gBW0KGrHqQOKioEWJJF95bBMEvoiJw_12.jpg

snP8fB20KGrHqYOKi4E-myVhBMEwSb7Dw_12.jpg

snP5gW0KGrHqUOKikEhkKlF3BMEtpZN7Q_12.jpg

Looks like it's about to lift off and fly :rasp:

I then went into "Chavvy first car mod" mode and did this, rear light tints, white badges, white fogs and dodgy white details :(

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Got some colour coded mirrors at some point too from Clio_Stu which can be seen in the pics :)

Next came the dynamique spoiler

DSC02542.jpg

Promptly colour coded :)

DSC02578.jpg

Next came another little goodie, colour coded and smoothed side strips :)

DSC02592.jpg

Chav mode still in full swing I ditched the tinted rears for a set of "great" LED style rears

DSC02596.jpg

At this point I then saw sense and replaced then 3 days later with some PH2 style rears

DSC02597.jpg

Little mishap then followed as I lost control and hit another car :( damage was smashed grill, destroyed foglight, cracked headlight and damaged bumper

DSC02606.jpg

After this I decided to really get my arse into gear and order bits and bobs, cue the lowering springs and alloys at bargain prices :)

car003.jpg

DSC02638.jpg

Decided to use this bump as an excuse to also bother to fit the dual optics I had eft around for weeks and also bought some new fogs and got them colour coded :)

car006.jpg

Milestone was hit roughly at this point too :)

DSC02648.jpg

Next mod would have been the wind deflectors :) cleared repeaters were on at the start somewhere but only just remembered about them :rasp:

car007.jpg

Next bit of work was the interior, sprayed up areas as im getting the other bits of the dash flocked after renewal, door cards will be changed soon along wih seats ;)

DSCF0807.jpg

Massive sub was put in the boot for girls to enjoy ridin in the back ;) positive reviews have been given

car009.jpg

Now we come onto its current resting point, decided to opt for black badges front + back, cliospot stickr added onto bonnet, smoked side repeaters and also a tiny amount of light smoke over the reverse light pod which I think sets it off nicely. Boot lock also colour coded.

DSC02686.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

Now as it stands mods are:

New side repeaters
Silvatek bulbs
S type alloys
Team Heko wind deflectors
Sportline lowering springs
Red dice dust caps ;)
Dynamique Spoiler
Dual optic headlights
PH2 rears
Colour coded side strips, fogs, boot lock, spoiler and wing mirrors
Audiobahn 15" sub, Mutant 4 channel amp, FLI components up front, mutant 6x9's in shelf covered by felt material
Sony Xplod headunit with usb, aux, bluetooth, CD and tuner
Sport interior grab handles + handbrake button
Aero wiperblades

Sorry for the mass amount of pictures but feedback is welcome on everything (even at its worst stages)

Next to come:

Full colour code + possibly smoothing
Coilovers (Insurance permitting)
OZ F1's + spacers
Fit the new doorcards
Source some new seats
Flock whole dash, center console + A pillars
New gearstick (Momo I assume)
Tidy up of paintwork + rear arch work (This will be a killer :()
Get it through MOT in October (Great fun)
Possibly k-tek stealth
Big maybe on a sport engine (Insurance only wants £150 extra, thats if I can source a new engine on the cheap with belts done)

Thanks for reading :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looks tidy. good to see bits off my old car are still alive :p only diff thing id do is have clear side repeaters and do the boot badges red, oh and a small airiel lol

lookin good though :approve:

Jap Box
looks tidy. good to see bits off my old car are still alive :p only diff thing id do is have clear side repeaters and do the boot badges red, oh and a small airiel lol

lookin good though :approve:

They were clear to begin, I tint sprayed them to go with the black theme, will be getting some of the renault clear ones at some point in the future as these ones are some nasty knock offs.

Would rather smooth the boot than do the badges red :rasp: how hard is it to replace the aerial? Mine snapped in the carwash so its electrical taped up now and looks a mess anyway but it works perfectly so dont want to fiddle with it really ha ha

Yep the bits from you are going strong (Bar mirror covers, theyve taken a beating and ill need to respray them soon, smashed one off when I reversed into my fence and it bent the mirror back in on itself and scraped the other one all down a wall when some silly b**ch thought she could fit through a gap towards me in her executive mercedes :mad:)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
They were clear to begin, I tint sprayed them to go with the black theme, will be getting some of the renault clear ones at some point in the future as these ones are some nasty knock offs.

Would rather smooth the boot than do the badges red :rasp: how hard is it to replace the aerial? Mine snapped in the carwash so its electrical taped up now and looks a mess anyway but it works perfectly so dont want to fiddle with it really ha ha

Yep the bits from you are going strong (Bar mirror covers, theyve taken a beating and ill need to respray them soon, smashed one off when I reversed into my fence and it bent the mirror back in on itself and scraped the other one all down a wall when some silly b**ch thought she could fit through a gap towards me in her executive mercedes :mad:)

Nightmare! lol wont be too hard to give them a quick paint :approve: and the smooth boot does look awesome ;) ha and if you need to replace the base of the airiel take out the interior light and the bit it clips into and its a 10/13mm nut and it takes the base off, just put another one on with a bit silicone and youl be fine :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really don't want to sound rude but why are you wasting your money on it??

I bought a mint one of these today (admitedly its a 5 door) for £300.

Save your money and wait until you can afford something you want.

Jap Box
Nightmare! lol wont be too hard to give them a quick paint :approve: and the smooth boot does look awesome ;) ha and if you need to replace the base of the airiel take out the interior light and the bit it clips into and its a 10/13mm nut and it takes the base off, just put another one on with a bit silicone and youl be fine :D

Yeah just need the time to do it and all will be well. Oh if its that simple ill get around to it eventually then :)

Thrown enough money at it now already its gone past the point of me careing, got enough money coming in fromt work to save for insurance + extras and then still have some put aside for mods. Hardly any mods done have broke the bank so far, most expensive was the clutch and flywheel which cost me £200 including labour. Mechanically the cars sound so im fine with it, rather keep this as I dont want anything else really as of yet, next move id assume to be a clio sport but thats not till my insurance has dropped its pants. Plus this cars worth zilch now as youve pointed out so financially it would be a waste to sell up if it does its job for me :)

mini cooper R50
just use some pliers and remove the old arial stalk :) I bought a chrome bee sting arial for a fiver from the local DMP shop :)

Jap Box
Didnt get around to doing the aerial today as it rained on my only day off, thats Friday the 13th for you!

Anyway as ive been stuck inside I took this time to hunt ebay for some bargains and have some nice items arriving sometime next week :)

Had to renew my tax, f**king price has increased too!

Jap Box
Is your rear wheel arch pink?

Yep :(

Well the whole drivers side is faded because it got a previous re-spray as it must have been in some kind of accident because while checking the MOT history it failed in 2006 on damage to the drivers side light, indicator and wing mirror being missing. So this respray was shocking quality, certain bits have flaked off and show the original colour below it but around the wheel arch it has previously had work done on it which I can only assume has been sprayed yet again and not blended in properly once more, since then its gone from pinky to being more white.

Need to put more red polish on there to revivie the colour, need to source a new drivers door anyway so once ive done that ill replace the wing and then will just need the rear half painted up :)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

I agree, tbh. I don't mean to sound rude either but there isn't a panel on it that's the same colour as the rest of it (and that's just judging by the pictures...) and I'll admit spending any more cash on it would be a really daft thing to do. Why not leave it as it is until the insurance "drops its' pants" as you put it and by then, you'll have enough money for a better car?

Jap Box
I agree, tbh. I don't mean to sound rude either but there isn't a panel on it that's the same colour as the rest of it (and that's just judging by the pictures...) and I'll admit spending any more cash on it would be a really daft thing to do. Why not leave it as it is until the insurance "drops its' pants" as you put it and by then, you'll have enough money for a better car?

The passenger side, front and rear bumpers, roof and boot are the same colours. Only the bonnet and drivers side which is wrong :) new wing is £20 including postage and door is £30 including postage (which I need anyway as my door seal i broke) will then only need rear quater painted which is when ill take it down to the BMW body repair place as I know the guy there and sort out a price with them on getting that done :)

Would rather spend a little bit more money to have a tidy looking car at the end of it all. Rather keep this one as I know its up to dat with services and has had basically a brand new underside worth of parts added to it which I would never get my money back on if I sold it like it is now :)

1.2 Dynamique
Thats really good with the insurance company only wanting an extra £150 for a sport engine...what company are you with??

Jap Box
Thats really good with the insurance company only wanting an extra £150 for a sport engine...what company are you with??

I know, aviva currently and should be staying with them after renewal because their still cheapest.

Jap Box
Had some package arrive today so cracked on with little bits :)

Cue the new door cards:

carstuff007.jpg

Out with the old:

carstuff008.jpg

In go the new, might put the normal speaker covers back on :) also still need to put rear ones in but couldnt as I dont have the right socket

carstuff009.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
You can just change the insert on the rear door cards btw, saves changing over the whole card ;)

Jap Box
glad your coming to your senses with the chavvy route. dislike the colour coded interior.

I thought the colour coded interior was a pretty nice touch tbh. Nice one.

Still undecided on it myself too, all of the sprayed bits I have spares of that are 100% standard anyway so I can alays swap them back :)

Swapped the alloys over today as my tyres all hit the tread limit, was cheaper to buy some alloys with brand new tyres on them and to get new tyres fitted :rasp: look abit ugly and the paint is bubbling and terrible on them but ill get them sprayed up at somepoint in black maybe, or just buy another set :)

Cars a mess I know but im making a 5 hour round trip tomorrow so no point in cleaning it just yet.

Heres the set of alloys on the car for the next few months anyway, think their from a MK1 clio

DSC02688.jpg

Jap Box
I've got an image in my head of those wheels on the Mk1 Megane.

Auction said from a 1997 MK1 clio but it could be off any renault I suppose.

if i was you i'd stop wasting money and buy some coilies and slam it simple as.

I havent wasted any money, needed new tyres and was cheaper just to get a new set of wheels with tyres :) ant get coilovers until renewal and even then the insurance could be arsey about it with me, like the height as it is now really anyway, bearble in town just about and not as high as a tractor :rasp:

Jap Box
spacers + ph2 rear bumper! ;D

Not a fan of the PH2 rear bumper, plus its an expense to buy one so im just going to colour code mine instead :)

Installed some LED lights into the fog lights today to come on with the dipped beam, not too sure if their too bright though really :S

DSC02701.jpg

Next progress will be after September time if ive still got the car.

Jap Box
Hope we get an update soon :D will be some more on mine soon :D haha

You sure are :p havent done anything for a while, been meaning to spray loads but sods law meant that whenever I had days off work it rained!

My flocked dash arrived today, was glad of it as last night was a pain, tyre went flat, nuts were on too tight so I couldnt get the wheel off, tyre ripped off the rim :( Had to call my mate in the end with a bigger wheel brace to remove the nuts and put the spare on. Anyway, heres the update :) will be more to follow.

Before:

DSC02667.jpg

After:

DSC02733.jpg

Got it for a bargain price of £40 on ebay too, brand new :) flock feels spectacular too, just need to get the rest of the dash done now.

Jap Box
Not made much progress for a while here as my MOT was coming up so had to get it fixed for that. £525 later it passed after needing new sills welded on, new washer motor, new brake servo, new cylinders, shoes, adjusters. Ahh well all is sweet now.

Refurbed the wheels yesterday as ive had some sunshine, they were very bubbly before under the paint so managed to sand most of it off and spray them up, their nowhere near perfect but are tidy enough to last through the winter, just need some red rim tape to go around the outside.

Before:

DSC02688-1.jpg

After:

DSC02749.jpg

Also got around to colour coding the door handles too :)

DSC02754.jpg

Needs tyre shine very badly I know, will pick some up when ive got spare time :)

Just need to colour code the bumpers now and get a front splitter and then il move onto sorting out the interior :D