ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk2 snowplough!!

also i understand the science, but jeesus were driving to work/college/home not going on the world rally. Waste of time in my opinion, my tyres appear to grip perfectly well whatever the conditions so there!

Rb 182
ClioJohn said:
also i understand the science, but jeesus were driving to work/college/home not going on the world rally. Waste of time in my opinion, my tyres appear to grip perfectly well whatever the conditions so there!
Have you seen John drive its like competing in the World rally going out in the car with him ;)

:p

em yes on sunday, i appear to have got through ok.

Also, we've had what...3-4 days of snow this winter. Bit over the top taking your wheels of, you wont change my mind!

i do indeed david.

I'm going to claires tomorrow for the week, so I'm not organising fives this week. Ill give you a shout next week if there is room.

Cupra
There are only a couple of times snow tires would have been good this year here. Holland is so flat that you dont really need them though!

They make a huge difference though!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know what your saying Malky but believe me the difference is huge, and they've been changed for the reasons Dave said earlier. Also cos I just give teh car quick cleans in the winter it saves me doing the alloys and when it comes down to it Im lazy! But having driven with eagles on and with these on in the ice/snow etc eagles are amazingly pish in comparison. Yeah the steelies aint great in normal condtions but I just slow down a bit and they do the job fine. Probably something else we wont agree on but I'll keep doing it anyway!

Giles- you reckon I should respray them like that?!!

Johnny, yeah it now seems to be as low if not lower than other clios down 60mm!!

Rb 182
EvilJohn said:
I know what your saying Malky but believe me the difference is huge, and they've been changed for the reasons Dave said earlier. Also cos I just give teh car quick cleans in the winter it saves me doing the alloys and when it comes down to it Im lazy! But having driven with eagles on and with these on in the ice/snow etc eagles are amazingly pish in comparison. Yeah the steelies aint great in normal condtions but I just slow down a bit and they do the job fine. Probably something else we wont agree on but I'll keep doing it anyway!

Giles- you reckon I should respray them like that?!!

Johnny, yeah it now seems to be as low if not lower than other clios down 60mm!!

Its lower than allis and thats 60mm!!!! :p

Clio f7r Trackcar
ClioJohn said:

In north scotland it can be like driving wrc stages!

Next winter im going for a full winter setup....

raise the coilovers up past std ride height, put skinny wheels on etc

We had more than a foot of snow here, drifting to 3ft in places. I didnt even take my hybrid out, far too low and goodyear eagles offer no grip in the snow. 195's suck, 155's is where its at! LOL