ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK3 Clio Progress Thread (Non Sport)

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Hey, so I've been on here since June and not really posted much so I thought I'll make this post about the Progress of my car so far. Not much has been done due to money and time because Ive been really busy with work and college.
This is what she looked like the day I picked her up, Beaut. :D
FirstPic.jpg

Love the Blue so much

Front.jpg

So she still looks the same now as she did when I bought her. Got Few plans for this in the future and hopefully will be looking better after Christmas.

I've Ordered:
RS Grille (Fit that after Christmas)
New Alloys (as these ones are kerbed as F*ck) - (also fit after the winter is gone)

To Do List:
Lowering Springs (35mm)
Spacers (20mm)
Wind Deflectors
Colour Coding Bumpers and Side Strips
Maybe HID Kit too

Today I got rid of the 'CLIO' badge and think its look much better without it :D
Debadge.jpg

Anyway this is how she sits now, Tell me what you think?
Thanks, Harry :D

Arctic 182FF
Looks like a really nice car mate, love the colour. Those alloys definitely need to go though :p what alloys have you ordered for it? All your plans sound good but I'd suggest lowering it more than 35mm as Mk3s tend to sit really high as standard. Get some chrome indicator bulbs, best mod for the money you'll ever do in my opinion. After that I'd colour code it and enjoy it, will look awesome by the time you've done your plans :)

Looks good mate!

If i was you i would go with some BBS LeMans wheels and lower the car little more than 35mm.. it will still look high with 35mm!! go 45mm!

Paint the black list to the same colour as the car and go with the chrome bulbs!

Really nice car!

Best Regards,

Superleggera'd MK3
If you can afford..... get coilys.....cant wait to get mine :) if not, i think 45mm spring would be the best compromise as these look like 4x4's with their factory stance. Colour coding makes such a difference as well, got mine back the other day and it looks so much smarter!

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Thanks for the advice guys, Gunna be doing smalls cheap mods soon like Chrome Indicator Bulbs etc but in the mean time saving up for Springs then after that will be Colour Coding. After Christmas hopefully I'll have a RS grille in place and maybe new alloys too :D

Arctic 182FF
Not a huge fan of those alloys. I think you could make it work if it was properly low and some big spacers on for a euro look. Otherwise it's not my cup of tea.

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Got my Diamonds Wrapped in Carbon Fibre :D
Also got some New Side Lights fitted too

Only got this photo for the time being but will get some more!!
0152.jpg

Thanks

Superleggera'd MK3
Sweet, im thinking of warpping mine to match my new wheels :) got anthracite wheels im getting next week and was thinking of getting either carbon fibre or anthracite wrap to do the badges in. Where did u buy it and was it easy?

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Sweet, im thinking of warpping mine to match my new wheels :) got anthracite wheels im getting next week and was thinking of getting either carbon fibre or anthracite wrap to do the badges in. Where did u buy it and was it easy?
You can get the carbon fibre off eBay, buy it in Sheets and it wasn't hard to do but quite difficult cos of the corners but once you get them down it looks good :p

Arctic 182FF
Since you're going for a dark theme, may I suggest a light smoke tinting of your rear lights? I haven't seen it done on a mk3 before, it's pretty cheap and I think it would actually really suit your car :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Since you're going for a dark theme, may I suggest a light smoke tinting of your rear lights? I haven't seen it done on a mk3 before, it's pretty cheap and I think it would actually really suit your car :)

Would be interesting to see that but if u do that, make sure it is a very light tint....when i bought my car it had tinted rear lights and it looked awful....mine is silver mind

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
  Superleggera'd MK3
Tell u what, i will do a photoshop of them lights for you tomorrow to give u an idea and so no money is wasted etc....plus then we will know if it looks good/sh*t :) im gonna get some silver wrap to try do my diamonds body coloured :)

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Tell u what, i will do a photoshop of them lights for you tomorrow to give u an idea and so no money is wasted etc....plus then we will know if it looks good/sh*t :) im gonna get some silver wrap to try do my diamonds body coloured :)
ahh thanks man, appreciate that :D Yeah that will look good!

Superleggera'd MK3
View attachment 88696View attachment 88697

Tried it mate, it might not be perfect as it depends on the shade of the tint.....but i did it really light.....as any darker and it would guaranteed look sh*t. Don't think it looks too bad tbh on dark blue car, about one of the only colours that could maybe pull it off

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Thanks mate, Don't think it looks bad, it shade darker then the standard but nice :D I'll think about it, Thanks again

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Yes that is looking Serious! Colour Coded aswell is Class, Hopefully she'll be looking like that next Summer :D

Superleggera'd MK3
lol yeah sorry, was just a quick colour code so it doesn't match properly but you get the point :) Yeah man, push the wheels out a bit more and that could have a serious stance! Yeah hoping mine looks like that too mate! Will keep checking in to see how its going :)

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
lol yeah sorry, was just a quick colour code so it doesn't match properly but you get the point :) Yeah man, push the wheels out a bit more and that could have a serious stance! Yeah hoping mine looks like that too mate! Will keep checking in to see how its going :)
Serious you know! Yeah not much will be happening from now until Christmas when I get the RS Grille, Alloys etc. :p

Superleggera'd MK3
yeah same mate, bit quiet now but when xmas passes i will have new wheels and coil overs so it should look miles better! Not sure whether to put the new wheels on till summer though

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
yeah same mate, bit quiet now but when xmas passes i will have new wheels and coil overs so it should look miles better! Not sure whether to put the new wheels on till summer though
OMG your getting coilovers?! :eek: Your is gunna look so much better then mine Lol Yeah I think Im going to wait till Spring to put them on like April/May tbh

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah man, i set my heart on coilys from the very begining so wont be happy unless i get them lol im stubborn like that. Plus will give me more flexibility when trying to get a nice stance :) what size springs u getting?

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Yeah man, i set my heart on coilys from the very begining so wont be happy unless i get them lol im stubborn like that. Plus will give me more flexibility when trying to get a nice stance :) what size springs u getting?
Yeah MK3s' do look nice with coilys but round here theres lots of potholes and speedbumps so no point me getting em and Im going for either 40mm drop or 45mm drop, cos standard springs make the car look like a 4x4. Fender gaps are massive! So Im trying to make it look decent with a suitable drop. Ive Seen 45mm with 17's which is what Im getting and I think it looks good so yeah lol :D

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah mate, ur doing the right thing by getting 17's. if u drop 45mm with 17s it wont look like much gap and should be smart :) im gonna go 16's and not sure what drop, will have to have a play around with them and some spacers :) yeah i live in the countryside and the roads are shocking but just gonna have to put up with it :) ive heard from a few people that the ap coilovers are quite soft so it shouldnt snap my spine :)

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
Got New Alloys today! :cool:
IMG_1551_zps1c6f9816.jpg

Fitted!

IMG_1552_zps16d0a0ff.jpg

Got home and took a few more photo's sitting pretty I think

IMG_1553_zps8563c3f1.jpg

Also got RS Grille :D
Next thing to come is Springs
-Harry

Arctic 182FF
I'll reserve my judgement on the alloys until it's lowered as it will look completely different then, but they don't look too bad :) How much lower you planning to go on the springs? Because that arch gap is rather sizeable :eek: you might be better off with some coilies

Clio MK3 1.2 16V
I'll reserve my judgement on the alloys until it's lowered as it will look completely different then, but they don't look too bad :) How much lower you planning to go on the springs? Because that arch gap is rather sizeable :eek: you might be better off with some coilies
Haha thanks. Originally just going for a decent lowering set of springs, so about a 45mm or 40mm drop ;) I would love coilys but want a suitable drop that isn't going to cost a bomb