ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Extreme project :)

Black mk3 clio
Hi there! Thanks for the comment, I'll talk you through it. Basically the metal bracket is holding the bulb in place. You should remove the rubber cap which is covering the wiring. Next remove the black connector block(it has the wires coming from it) a slight pull and it should come out. Then you can unclip the metal clip carefully making sure not to drop it, then the bulb should easily pull outwards. What I would suggest is you take a picture with a flash phone to get an idea of what your looking for before you disconnect anything, that way you can also see how the replacement bulb should look when it's refitted. I would suggest using a torch too, goodluck mate.
Thank you very much, I shall give this a go sometime in the week!

S7u

Clio mk3
Also just spotted that your lights are non projector and mine are, will that make any difference?

As far as I know it shouldn't matter as long as the bulbs are the same as what you currently have fitted, I.e H7 standard for H7 xenon, but as far as I know the difference is the way in which the light is projected and not how they are fitted. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that one. Goodluck!

1.4 Clio Mk3 5 Door
nice job mate, I also have an mk3 and still have those disgusting mahonia alloys on it, I HATE THEM!! I had bought a set of canasta's but by the time I would have paid for the refurb and spray I'm cheaper getting after-market ones with tyres! well impressed with your painting skills on the interior trim and also all the exterior stuff, love the gun metal grey aswell, well played mate!

S7u

Clio mk3
Looks nice man,thought of getting the sport grills?

Hi mate, I originally had ordered one but there was a problem with postage so got a refund. Then went off the idea of paying £60 for one but have just found a set 2nd hand for a good bit cheaper so they are on the way :)

Clio mk3
Hi mate, I originally had ordered one but there was a problem with postage so got a refund. Then went off the idea of paying £60 for one but have just found a set 2nd hand for a good bit cheaper so they are on the way :)

Should look good mate!

Clio mk3
Hope so man, how's things been with your motor? Haven't been on in a while

Bought 40mm springs last week but no update really,getting them fitted start of next month then I'm looking at getting 25mm spacers for the rear and then 16mm for the front. How much did you pay for the steering wheel insert if you don't mind me asking?

S7u

Clio mk3
Just realised I seen the steering wheel insert on another thread,my bad haha

Haha no worries, think they are in and around 20 quid on ebay ;)

just seen the springs on your thread man, you've waited patiently for these can't wait to see them fitted.

Clio mk3
Haha no worries, think they are in and around 20 quid on ebay ;)

just seen the springs on your thread man, you've waited patiently for these can't wait to see them fitted.

They're stuck under my bed at the moment,can't wait to get rid of the ridiculous ride hight haha

S7u

Clio mk3
Rs Grill is on. Terrible pic will get a good one up tomorrow!
Thanks to Mutley172 for selling the grills.

Now just need some spacers, anyone have any recommendations? looking for 20mm at least cheers

Oh and also will be selling an RS badge for the rear, I picked one up a while ago, and no longer like it, if anyone is interested pm me!

Clio mk3
Rs Grill is on. Terrible pic will get a good one up tomorrow!
Thanks to Mutley172 for selling the grills.

Now just need some spacers, anyone have any recommendations? looking for 20mm at least cheers

Oh and also will be selling an RS badge for the rear, I picked one up a while ago, and no longer like it, if anyone is interested pm me!

Looks much better,they sell 16mm Hub ones on eBay with bolts for around £36 or you can get 20mm fk ones without the bolts for the same price

Clio mk3
I googled them a while ago think they have to get shipped over,I'll see if I can find them now mate might if been 26mm

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Your numberplate is really strange - I've never noticed one with that many numbers on!

The grill looks good, they make a big difference to the front of the car :)

S7u

Clio mk3
Your numberplate is really strange - I've never noticed one with that many numbers on!

The grill looks good, they make a big difference to the front of the car :)

Thanks mate, lol it's a Northern Ireland reg :) I seen your personalized plates, looks sweet i like what you've done.

S7u

Clio mk3
Ahh that explains it haha

Cheers mate. I want to get my alloys refurbished and re-sprayed the same colour as yours, they look ace

Yeah that would look nice against the silver, mine was a DIY job, all in cost me like 60 quid maybe a little more. Time consuming but much better for me than paying to have them done :p

Looking good, love what you did to the alloys. I'm thinking changing the interior and number plate lights. Are they relatively easy to change and get hold off , compared to changing headlights? I have a mk3 128 gt if you're still looking for seats the gt seats are lovely might be a little cheaper to get hold of.