ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk3 project final

E30 318iS x2
Well, tomorrow my beloved 1.2 16v Ripcurl clio goes back to the stealer in return for a nice new white TCE.

In the past 4 months I have made a few changes to it and as I wrote this out I might as well post it before it goes.

Right then this is my Clio project summary, gonna keep it short ish.

This is how I received it 15 minutes after passing my driving test on the 12th of July 2007 :)

SP_A3003.gif

Richnclio.gif

The first thing I bought for her was some 16inch Canasta wheels.

Photo-0351.gif

For a while I was happy with it as it was but I spent more time on here and decided to do more.

1. The first thing I got was my private reg ‘R1 XPH’ which was an 18th birthday present.
2. I got some 8k show bulbs from Halfrauds and changed the indicator bulbs to silver jobby’s looks much better now.
3. I purchased a Renault sport grille for the front which has made a huge improvement.

SL380101.gif

4. I purchase some 30mm Eibach pro line lowering springs to drop it down a little bit, get rid of the 4x4 look. The springs haven’t made a huge impact to the wheel arch gap side of things but coupled with the spacers, the handling is far better and the car has a squatter stance to it.
5. 20mm FK spacers all round although more noticeable on the front that the rear.

SL380029NOdate.gif

SL380024.gif

Mumsnumberplateblockedout.gif

6. Replaced the Renault air filter with a ‘Green Performance’ Filter. I knew it wasn’t going to do much but it was cheap and it does have a nice induction noise now, IMO it pulls much better uphill. I also removed a piece of plastic which was majorly restricting airflow into the engine.

sl380241bu2.gif

7. I won an auction for the classic sport body kit and got it painted up by a mate at work and fitted it myself.

sl380243ps4.gif

8. Smallest mod was I smoked my side repeaters, small effective job I just felt like doing.

gagagathh.gif

That’s it really :)

Here she is:

ghostps.gif

The idea behind my modifications was to make the car look a little more sleek and stylish. I didn’t go lower because I wanted to keep the comfort of my car, plus I’m really happy with it at 30mm (I know that’s what most of you will pick up on lol).

Oh I also got one of these (BMC) :) :

sl380221wd4.jpg

I guess I leave the floor open :)

Thank you Ripy, see you about.

Last edited:
  Ph2 FF 172
Rich mate, I can quite honestly say nice job!

It's very subtle and I think there would e alot of people (myself included if it were a weeney bit quicker) that would be happy to drive her.

Now... when's this meet happeing?

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You've done a very good job there. Nice subtle changes that make a difference.

You gonna have the same kinda plans for your new one?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
thats a proud lad in the second pictue......liking what you have done though. good taste

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
nice looking. can i ask were did u get the spacers from. payed a visit to halfrauds and they basically said(after half a hour of searching) That ill need to find a company to make a set of 30 mm spacers. so yeh. any info will be nice and price too lol.. sweet car. i aint had any look with the induction kit yet. the only way around it i can see is for a short and stubby kit to fit . but i shall keep trying lol.

Clio Mk3
hey sorry for bumping but was wondering if u still had these pics as id like to do somthing simular by the sounds of it :)