ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172 - help with sorting out some niggles?

Clio 182
People,

I've just picked up a 172 (was supposed to be a 182 - long story!!)....

It's a really nice, 30k late 04 and overall I'm really impressed with it...

It does have a few little bits that need attention, so I thought I ask those in the know....historical fixes and all that!!

Main rattle is driving me insance, already!!.....seems to be coming from the drivers door frame/b-pillar area.....window up or down...almost sounds like it occurs under chassis load as opposed to just general road chatter....friend of a friend has the same issue.......any news/history of fixing this area?

Next thing is the drivers height adjust - doesn't seem to do anything!! Lever just flops about.....I've no idea where I'm sitting in the height range either!!

Is this a common/cheap fix?

Last thing is the fan noise coming from the head console - sounds like a nylon bearing........can this be stripped out and lubed?

Thanks in advance all, once these bits are done she'll be a minter!!

Ta!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I want to hear the long story.........

Ive had none of the above with my car so no advice sorry.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Iirc the 172 had the same height adjustment as the old meg coupes, which basically to higher would require you to be out of the car and to pull the lever, and to lower be sitting- very annoying and the new pump systems offer more accurate adjustments. Can't help with the rattle. The fan you talk of is part of the climate control- its the sensor. Mine made a similar noise to what you have described and had to be replaced- take it out by all means but your cc will either be very hot or very cold. Oh and on that plate becarefully its not a parellel import brought in by motorpoint- come to think of it sounds like you may have my old 172, not in black by any chance.

Clio 182
no, it's a plum red one...

even if it's a parallel, as long as it was bound for the EU, should be okay on spec I imagine?

Seat sorted - torch and investigate....snapped spring retainer....but, it's at it's lowest setting anyways!

Will whip out that sensor and try to grease....

Hoping somebody may have some ideas on the rattle though....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
172 were flame red.

Did you buy a Trophy today Steve?

I bought 3 cars today- Its very very busy in the trade at the moment-

YES 1 x TROPHY 2 OTHERS- I have sold my Black Clio V6 tomorrow & happened to be in Ringwood @ KTEC to get the belts done-

Didnt fancy a bus to Bournemouth so just went & bought a car

S

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh, someone said you may have beaten me to a Trophy that's all.

i didn't realise you were in the trade. If you find a Trophy I am looking to buy.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ohh, someone said you may have beaten me to a Trophy that's all.

i didn't realise you were in the trade. If you find a Trophy I am looking to buy.

Theres none anywhere-

I have found out one very harsh lesson in the last 2 weeks-
have CASH available same day & travel SAME DAY-

Ive lost X3 cars in 10 days-

I was aware you were looking- but I thought you were going to buy the other one on PH linked in the marketplace thread- ( the current thread on here)
Trophy supply is low & demand is high

Some people are also trading down from 197's-
S

Sorry to hijack the thread-

Clio 182
...don't suppose that Trophy was from James was it???

...I was going to go and buy that bugger, but he wasn't free until the w'end!!....but, he's just texted me to say that it's gone!!

Fair point, my bad......no ideas what the colours are......I'll go ask ma gran what she thinks!!

It'll be for sale in a few weeks too!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ Yeah it was.

I had agreed to go and see it and pretty much buy it on Sat.

Text to say it sold.

BMW M135i
Rattle you'll probably never get away from its just part of the frenchness you get as standard. Buzz is the climate control temp sensor fan, new ones aren't a load of money from the stealers and will solve it for 6 months or so until that one will start getting noisey.

Only real "fix" for it is to get a 182 light surround and fit the fanless sensor from that, unsure 100% if the connectors are the same but I believe they are. Personally I could only hear the fan with just the ignition on with the engine stood, I wouldn't worry about it too much imo.