ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 clunking

Every time i pull away at about 5-10 mph it clunks from the engine/gearbox area... is this normal!?

Car is ace apart from the worrying clunk!

common complaint mate, do a search. the engine mount rubber isnt quite flush enough to stop it knocking about. - there *is* a fix and new mount with new part number which renault *should* know about.

OTHER than that, which I personally have too - mine clunks / squeaks from the drivers side front when pulling away with the steering wheel on a left or right lock. - no one seems to know what this is tho. - seems to be random / depend on temperature.

Si.

mine makes a clunk when the car is moved for the first time every day, any time after that it doesnt make it. Heard it was something to do with the abs?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

If it only does it when you first pull away after starting the engine, and not when stopping at junctions etc, then its the ABS initialising, which is normal.

If it does it all the time then Id get it checked out.

mine does it too.

only after pulling away the frist time after the engine has started. after that its fine......so far

BMW 120i Sport

Engine clunk is a common problem, ive had it and had new engine mounts fitted under warranty.

Clunk fixed.

Astra coupe

Quote: Originally posted by sjtb on 26 June 2005
mine clunks / squeaks from the drivers side front when pulling away with the steering wheel on a left or right lock.Si.

could be anti roll bar bushings?

BMW 120i Sport

I have the squeeking on full right lock from the drivers side, its due to get fixed next week.

I suspect its something to do with the top of the suspension.

terribleclio and Big G could you elaborate please lads? - im not very mechanical clued up! i believe my 172 did this randomly too. The 182 did this from brand new, surely shouldnt! let me know what happens and what it was please Big G!

despite its probs tho, i love it, i did bournmouth to manchester yesterday night in just under 3hrs - ahhh the a34 ;-)

Si.

Astra coupe

well i started to get a clunking on right hand lock over the slightest bump. i checked out the anti roll bar and the rubber bushings were shagged. look just behind the steering rack on the ball joint area.