ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 :)

Hey,
Just a bit of background on my purchasing anyway before the pictures :)
It was coming up to my 21st birthday in July, and i had been saving like mad for a couple of years (handy student finance when living at home ;) ), and after a friend having a 197, and frantically browsing around and making sure it's the car i want i decided to go and look at a few. Some were good some were bad, noticed a lot of the common pitfalls on some of the cars such as the leather trim going a bit gash etc even on the newest 55 plates. By pot luck i found this one in Swindon (it was only by chance we visited Fish Brother's Renault) and took the plunge and put the deposit down straight away after viewing 4 or 5 182's previously and never being completely satisfied compared to this one. The test drive seemed solid, couldn't hear any noises or see any issues with the car at all.
Here's a bit more on the car when we found it; only 2 tiny marks on the rear bumper where i guess shopping had slightly dinged it, and then the smallest car park dent on the drivers side i've seen (can of course only see it at certain angles!). The interior was much the same, the back seats look like they've never been sat in, very very minor wear on drivers side (just one scuff nearer the top of the seat where it looks like a zip scraped on it) and all the leather trim was perfect with no bubbling or anything.
The alloys were completely spotless (no curbing or bubbling), though there was a small scratch on the NS but it was right on the rim so it was not noticeable.
Anyway i wont bore you anymore, here's just some detailed info when i bought it;
1 owner, 41k miles, non-cup (searched all local main dealers and found none) cambelt done less than 6months ago, FRSH, Renault dealer with the 2 year advanced extended warranty (covers most things so couldn't refuse!), clearly looked after!

Here's some pics:

th_DSC01885.jpg
th_DSC01884.jpg
th_DSC01883.jpg
th_DSC01882.jpg

Bit of a delay on the post as i kind of forgot about posting, from all the lurking and being completely amazed by some of the projects on here!

Currently it's still completely stock except:
  • SilverVisions
  • BlueVision Xenon effect sidelight & fullbeam
  • K&N filter

The plan is to keep it stock to keep the warranty (obviously filter is questionable), so i really don't have major plans until warranty is out), but until then i plan to do the following:
  • better wipers
  • either anthracite or turini's (as it's not cup)
  • xenon white interior lights
  • silvervision rear
  • clear side indicators
  • skoda splitter

Hope you like it! :)

More pics to follow, of interior etc, but lack of effort before back to uni! (hence this post being nearly 2months late :D)

absolutely fantastic, had a 306 1.6 before ( until head gasket went a 2nd time and completely killed it), and briefly had a KA 1.3 while i was waiting to buy this, and i absolutely love it!
been doing alot of miles for me, but enjoying every minute of it!

it's not even the fact that it's so much quicker, it's that i've finally got air con again, and all the gadgets such as the cruise control which just makes any journey enjoyable!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks nice that mate.

Just needs some different alloys as the silver wheels and silver paint makes it look to much imo.

Sam!

yea definitely, i was thinking of refurbing them to anthracite, or seeing if i can get some from here, or get some turini's! problem is the cost :)

have seen them near the anthracite as they go that sort've colour when dirty :)

Black Gold Trophy
Were you dead set on getting one from a dealer?
Only I don't think I'd ever buy one without both cup packs, and there seems to be plenty of them out there in private ads.

A newly fixed 172
Nice mate. Looks in good nic as you say. My choice would be to go for the anthracite 182 rims with a little bit of lowering..

Mountune Tractor
Superb example mate but I bet the dealer bent you over on price.
You are happy though so that's all that counts.

price wasn't too bad to be honest, was around £400 more than the private ones i was looking at so all in all not so bad (there was even one at another main dealer which had nothing on this in terms of condition for the same price! [ to the point that during the test drive we had to stop and we had to FIX the padding under the bumper as it had bent down and kept hitting the floor! ] )!
mainly went to main dealer because it was a bit of a step up of a car, and we all know how much they can cost if they go wrong, so my dad insisted that i take the safe route just in case i was unlucky enough to get a crappy car!
i think it'll be worth it anyway, i had a 1 years basic warranty with it, but for £240 upgraded to a 2 year extended warranty in both years which covers a fair amount more!
the only cup pack i would miss would obviously be the suspension, but i think in driving this and others with the pack, i'm fine with this to be honest - the other cup pack tend's to having missing splitters anyway (plus i'm waiting on the skoda dealer down the road from me to tell me it's arrived :D )
and yea in terms of lowering and suspension, i'd love to, but reading through other warranty threads around here, it seems you could only guarantee that if something went wrong, they would blame the new ride height/stiffness down to being the error and i'd have got the warranty/with main dealer for nothing (anything to get out of a claim)!
but nevertheless we'll see, i would absolutely love to lower it and get some anthracite 2118's but will have to see what the future holds :)

:)

added the skoda splitter this afternoon! i was originally going to remove the bumper to do it as i didn't think i'd have enough room to screw it in, however after about half an hour of trying to find the bloody bolts under the bumper i gave up and realised that it was actually easy to do it! i didn't even have to jack it up to screw them in!

here's the latest front pictures:

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

• better wipers
  • either anthracite or turini's (as it's not cup) or 2118's!
  • xenon white interior lights
  • silvervision rear
  • skoda splitter DONE

vinyl'd the front badge today, not too difficult to do, apart from the inside (i assume you have to add a 2nd layer of vinyl for the inside as when i stretched it, it didn't cover all of it? or do you make 4 small tabs to go around the inside and wrap around the back, and align it up with the main wrap?

here's some pics, and you'll see what i mean as i did a close up! the diamond will stay on for a while until i find a better way to do it! also is there a good sealer for it? obviously at the back i think with the weathering it will eventually peel off?

DSCF1705.jpg
DSCF1706.jpg
DSCF1707.jpg

Gave it a winter clean today, to make sure it was all ready, and also the first time i've waxed it since having it so it was needing to be done anyway!

Here's how i chose to wash it;

• Started off with a quick rinse
  • Snowfoamed and left for a while
  • Snowfoamed again and left to help the dirt again
  • Rinsed off with the jetwash
  • Cleaned with autoglym shampoo (2bucket method)
  • Dried with a drying towel
  • Used SRP & EGP to bring up the shine
  • Finished off with DodoJuice wax!

Here's some pictures! :)

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

then once complete:
DSCF1866.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

very impressed with the results! :)

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Did i see you the other day by the Powick roundabout?

BTW.. did you get your splitter from Skoda in Powick?

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Umm... i think it was Friday. The guy was staring at our car (Flame Red 172) so you would know if it was you :) Bet you got some weird looks, i might take a trip there myself. Did they have to order it in for you or was it in stock?