ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 2.0 Dynamique S 138 lots of pics

E30 318iS x2
That the special edition one with the 2.0 VVT engine?

Seems to me to be under powered considering its a 2.0 and got VVT?

ST

IIRC its the same engine as in my 197 just detuned with a different map, exhaust/manifold etc..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

IIRC its the same engine as in my 197 just detuned with a different map, exhaust/manifold etc..

Nearly. Its an Espace lump. Diffrerent head etc. Its the base engine for all the Renaultsport Clio range. Looks reet that, but f**k knows why it sits soo high!!!!!

ST
north.jpg

Got milk??

E30 318iS x2
Made a mock up of my clio lowered just now.

It's near enough on 30mm!

loweredcliolargeqt4.jpg

Last edited:
if this is a detuned renaultsport lump, how mmuch wold ut cost to get it up to 197 power? could be seen as a project to be done overtime

MKIII 138
if this is a detuned renaultsport lump, how mmuch wold ut cost to get it up to 197 power? could be seen as a project to be done overtime

its a 56bhp difference ! must be more than a map and manifold ?

still, you could take that to 150bhp quite easy + lowered it would be ST150 pace, have a nice interior, still do high 30`s perhaps 40mpg and be cheap to insure.

aparetly there is a 150bhp model with some styling tweaks out soon called clio gt

BMW M135i
Its not the same engine as a 197, the 197 uses the F4R like the 1*2 and loads of other things before that (meganes/lagunas). I'm pretty sure these are using the new M4R lump hence why its 138bhp as the standard tune F4R is 136bhp and looks completely different.

The VVT is there for driveability increases so not ala vtec, so its about ballpark for a standard tune N/A 2.0.

BMW M135i
Yep, just checked its using the Nissan designed M4R. Its designated by nissan as the MR series so i'd guess it'd be an MR20DET. So different ballgame in tuning one, you can't pinch 197 parts.