ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 206 GTi with pics and vids :)

BG182®
Well, I picked it up last week and so far im loving every minute of it. I know a lot of ppl say there pretty crap but coming from a 1.2 its just a totally different league.

Ive made two subtle mods, one being a Simota Aero Form Filter with a cold air feed and some nice lil S16 badges for the doors.

Anyways here's the pics and a few vids.....enjoy :approve:

20042007186.gif

20042007183.gif

20042007184-1.gif

and the vids..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjE4EXMYeTU (Exhaust)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjlAIunCEu0 RR'd at 142bhp

BG182®
well the uk and i think a few others only call it the gti but the rest of europe call it the 216 so just thought ide be a bit different lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not my fav car, but they are v. good value, loads about. Few yrs ago Autocar did a hot hatch test on track, was a wet track and the 206 lapped within a gnats whicker of the ctr. Was just after the first cooper s was released, 172 was quickest.

MCS R56
Not my fav car, but they are v. good value, loads about. Few yrs ago Autocar did a hot hatch test on track, was a wet track and the 206 lapped within a gnats whicker of the ctr. Was just after the first cooper s was released, 172 was quickest.

I've got that very issue. They gave the overall to the Mini but the Clio 172 FF was the quickest around the track. The 206 was very impressive and way down on power. CTR was poor on the wet track and got a fair slagging!
I prefer the 206 GTi to the 180 version. 180 is a Halfords-extra wet dream! It got creamed by the Cup in a head to head in Evo.

BG182®

I've got that very issue. They gave the overall to the Mini but the Clio 172 FF was the quickest around the track. The 206 was very impressive and way down on power. CTR was poor on the wet track and got a fair slagging!
I prefer the 206 GTi to the 180 version. 180 is a Halfords-extra wet dream! It got creamed by the Cup in a head to head in Evo.

lol yeah the 180 version is just a fat b*****d, think it weighs about 110kg more the then the 138. but for 138bhp it pulls really well. im chuffed with :approve:

BG182®
looks nice, you can pick them up real cheap now cant you?

thanks mate :) picked mine one for just 3500 with 48000 miles and 2 owners, coundnt find one any cheeper with that sort of milage and it orange its rare so just had to snap it up

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ I agree . The S16 was a different beast altogether , lose the badges . Enjoy your new motor mate :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
First thing i'd do would be to colour code the black plastic on the doors and bumpers. Looks like a good car for the money.

172beast

So you want people to think its an import? I'd loose the S16 badges mesen, looks tacky, its a GTi in the UK so leave it as a GTi, proper S16 was the 306 with 155bhp and miles better handling and driving position, 206 has worse driving position then Clios and most dull feedback I've felt. Can't see 142bhp atf being rate quick, prob quick for you coming from a 1.2 but in reality its at the very bottom of hot hatch pace.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the 206 in whatever guise its in lol last truely great Pugs made where the 106 GTi and 306 GTI-6, after that Pug lost the plot!

Clio 197
Sorry mate i disagree with the best pugs ever made bit... the only ones that were truely class has to be the 205 and the 309...

Got to say me a big fan of the 206, loved the looks, the drive is wayyyyyyy better than the older clios.. (sorry hate the sterring position in clios, except my new one) The only thing that let this car down has to of course be the gay thing that they called an engine, i mean 136/137 bhp as standard out of a 2lt hothatch was terrible lol

Any ways the car looks good but not a fan of the s16 badges to be honest.. less is more in my eyes.. oo and the burnt orange is pretty common should have gotten the green ;)

Heres a couple of my little GTi

features-rossco042.jpg

features-rossco046.jpg

features-rossco038.jpg

BG182®
the tangerine colour it common? ive only ever seen one in my time lol. car looks wikid tho mate. whats it lowerd on and how much by? thats the next thing ive got planned :cool:

MCS R56
The 206 GTi is well set-up. It's not quite on pace with Clio Sports etc but it pulls well for the power it has, and it exploits it well. It's probably a good step up from a 1.2 engine and very affordable.

However, you will eventually crave more power and then land on the door step of a Renault dealership!

Clio 197
the tangerine colour it common? ive only ever seen one in my time lol. car looks wikid tho mate. whats it lowerd on and how much by? thats the next thing ive got planned :cool:

yeah the firedance is one of the most common.. trust me i see them every where ;)

It was lowered on AVO coilovers and dropped down about 100mm, before any one says any thing no this didnt affect the handling, infact made it better :D

Got all my parts from Pug ecosse up here in scotland as they are one of the biggest pug modifiers..

Maybe you should pop on to pgac.co.uk and see what happens over there too.. have a nice wee area for us 206 people and give some great advice on where to get stuff if you need it :D

BG182®
The 206 GTi is well set-up. It's not quite on pace with Clio Sports etc but it pulls well for the power it has, and it exploits it well. It's probably a good step up from a 1.2 engine and very affordable.

However, you will eventually crave more power and then land on the door step of a Renault dealership!

thats spot on fella :D i was after a clio cup but being neally £2000 more for one i think its good lil car for the price.

BMW M3
Nice mate....

I was looking at a 180 before i found RSs.

Had a little play with the 180 actually and I pulled quite a bit in front.... surprising but i think the gearing is better in the 182 then the 180.

Nice. I like the 206, but never liked the 138bhp from a 2-litre. I think the reason for the low power is that they didn't want it out performing the 306 GTi-6, so they put the power in the middle between the 106 and 306. Unfortunatley, it ended up slower than the 106 GTi, don't believe what you read on paper, the 106 is quicker than the 206, and handles so much better.

No more clio's for me!
My missus has a 206 GTI, says it all really. Good cheap cars, but girlie IMO, even more so than a clio! ;)