ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new A3 :) yey (lots of photos)

slow 172 rep
Well i picked up the car last weekend, after a 1st class trip on the train free water and tea made up for the extra £5 that it cost. then a 6hour or so (cant remember what time i set off) drive back from Southampton to Newcastle
biggrin.gif

Its been sitting outside my house all dirty for a week and was tempted to put it through the car wash it was that dirty and annoying me but i didn't
biggrin.gif
so it had a bath today along with its predecessor which will be sold soon i hope. turned out quite nice but there is lots of scratches you can see now that you couldn't before
unhappy.gif
probably why he didn't clean it.

082.jpg

085.jpg

090.jpg

086.jpg

089.jpg

087.jpg

OLD vs NEW
083.jpg

081.jpg

Cheers for looking
biggrin.gif

Dean

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why haven't we seen that grey rep before?? looks bloody wicked!

And does that audi need a pair of front tyres?? The n/s/f looks slick! lol.

slow 172 rep
haha the rep has been around for ages, but its been a while since i put anything up :p As long as the center 3/4 have enough tread im ok i think :D but yea i need new tyres and tracking done.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Indeed! that rep looks smart, nice colour.

Just out of interest though, why such a long drive to find a black A3 Tdi?! Looks smart tho and bet it shifts.

slow 172 rep
A3 Sline Quattro with 49,000 miles. there was maybe 1 or 2 s line quattros with under 80k miles within 100miles of newcastle within my budget so may aswell go for the one i want.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
A3 Sline Quattro with 49,000 miles. there was maybe 1 or 2 s line quattros with under 80k miles within 100miles of newcastle within my budget so may aswell go for the one i want.

Fair play. Has to be the exact one I know what you mean. Not really clued up on Audi Quattros but would've thought they'd be pretty easy to get hold of - especially in black! Guess the Quattro's are a lot rarer then? My sister's fella's got a 60 plate S Line (non Quattro) and it's pretty nippy!

slow 172 rep
yea quite a few more S lines out there but still not many with 50k miles. compared to my little 1.2 clio this is amazing :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice spec mate.

Rep looks immense in that colour.

slow 172 rep
all my rep was missing was the steering wheel, front arch liners and some washer blanks, has been finished for like a year or something :p

at first was thinking about a 197 :p but the insurance was to much and the amount of petrol i would go through would be crazy so i went for a diesel instead and just wanted an Audi.

RS6 C7
Sweet Audi, you will like it, mine is great and the build quality is sublime. Only issue I find is that they are a little boring. Fantastic everyday cars though and I'm sure you will love it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I bet this thread didn't quite go the way you wanted? Everyone telling you how wonderful the clio is. LOL

The Audi's very nice though, looks a lot newer than it is too.

Nice upgrade if not a little dull to drive.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the audi and you'll enjoy the upgrade.

Seeing that colour clio makes me wish ren sport had given me that option when i had my 172 and 182.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
nice audi, as said wheel refurb, some fresh rubber and it'll look nice. machine polish on the cards?

that rep looks awsome as hell, i would swop my dCi for that, and thats saying something after all the effort i put into mine :eek:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Spend a whole weekend with a few bits of 2000 grit/water and machine polisher and it will look awesome. Hate seeing so much orange peel...

Would much rather have the Audi over the clio. How much did you pay for it?

slow 172 rep
Haha anyone want to buy the rep? seeing as you all like it so much :)

The clio looks good from far away but when you get closer the paint is coming off the sport bumpers and the wheels are bubbled like mad.

i dont think the Audi is boring :p i can put my foot down and it goes pretty quickly. maybe if i had a 182 or something it wouldnt be as good but more then powerful enough for me. Once iv sold the Clio its getting a full colour correction and wheels refurbed, then any little bits that need painting will get done after.

slow 172 rep
it was advertised for £8550 but i got it down a bit, which covered my train ticket and diesel back up. Paint atm is horrible, the guy didnt look after it much and there is places where the birds have crapped on the car and its eaten through the lacquer, but hopefully the colour correction will sort all that out.

I got some private plates for my birthday, so i just need to wait for the log book to come back before i can go get them made up :) think i might get some pressed plates not sure yet

Fiesta ST-3
Rep looks brilliant!

I loved mine in that colour and would have loved the 1*2 kit on it. Sell the Audi and use the funds for a F4Rt conversion and you will get 1 million CS win points.

slow 172 rep
Had the Clio on Autotrader for 2days and its going tomorrow, think i priced it to low. wasted £20 on the 6weeks advertising grrr.

White APE
Nice motor. I too changed to an A3 S line Quattro last year. Lovely for cruising on the motorways. Do miss the fun of the clio though.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My 172 doesn't look as good as your rep, I wish mine was that colour.

Hope you enjoy the Audi, everyone should own a nice VAG at least once,
I still miss mine a bit, proper comfy on a long motorway journey.

slow 172 rep
haha i think its just the colour hides a lot of the marks unlike the black A3 but i did look after it :) I loved the Audi on the motorway unlike the Clio which was horrible and noisy.