ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Alloys!

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,
I just thought i would share a photo of my new Alloy wheels!. LOL.
I have these for about a week so im trying not to drive it as much as possible!. If i have to go to the shops i use my motorbike or my push bike, either that or i take the car and put a bag over my head!.
IMG_14631.jpg

The car really is faster and handles alot better with these bad boys on!.
Oh and this is sort of a before photo, i will post the after photo once my coilovers are fitted and my wheels are back!. Im hoping its going to look nice!. Watch this space!.

looks awesome mate :)

i need some of them for my track wheels.

where did you get them and what model are they from?

cheers
Tom

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Cant argue when the refurb shop gives you a free rental while yours are in getting done.
Take the car in, they swap the wheels and call you when theyre done, all for £200. Bargain, especially the fact im changing the colour of them too.

lol i just want the steelies for keeps though :(

do you know what model they are from? i need 15" to fit over the 172 brakes i think

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Yeah ive noticed they like to spin!
I have noticed a performance increase though, its suprising how much 17's really slow you down!. Im really considering getting some 15's / 16's and slamming it? what do you think?
I really do like 17's though they look much nicer.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
lol i just want the steelies for keeps though :(

do you know what model they are from? i need 15" to fit over the 172 brakes i think

Im not sure what they are off, i never asked.. They did have an issue with the size bolts to use cause the ones i had were too long and the car wouldnt move!.

Breaking A 172 Replica
If they are 7inches wide the grip won't be as bad but the brake fade will still be the same.

The air circulation will be restriced due to the shape of the wheel and in addition, alloy dissipates heat far better than steel.

The standard steels i had on my 1.2 had no grip at all, you could even coax the back end out! And it wheels spun in 2nd in a 1.2 in the wet, I dread to think what they would be like on a 172.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^^ same with steelies on my 1.6

16s with goodyear eagle f1s....rarely get any wheel spin at all