ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new arse.

Chocolate Bar™

Just got back from the bodyshop and powerflow after having my new arse end fitted. Had a 172 rear bumper, V6 spoiler, and the exhaust was repositioned so that the bumper didnt need cutting (and hence can be sold when i split the car)

Only other thing to mention is that the V6 spoiler doesnt catch the bodywork at all! even with the boot fully open it doesnt touch, and im using the standard boot struts.

Next on my to do list is to get the bumpstrips colour coded, and to get some y0z2asport brakes fitted :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/middos/0079.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/middos/rear.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/middos/spoiler.jpg

Chocolate Bar™

spoiler definetely doesnt touch the roof, even with the boot fully open and me pushing it as far as itll go, once its tilted over theres actually a quite nice gap along the roofline.

konis give a 35mm drop, but due to my lower profile tyres on 15s there isnt actually any visible difference in the ride height, however it drives so nice i think i would have to go with coilovers, because apex is going to be too hard for my liking.

colour coding will be done within the next couple of weeks, and im already looking into getting the lights changed for some standard ones (if i can find some for the right price ;))

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Im shocked that the V6 spoiler doesnt catch. On my cup, just after I had got it, I noticed a small patch of metal showing where the spoiler was catching the roof, it was only minor, but enough to leave bear metal showing. Its sorted now, but I am surprised that isnt catching. Id say keep an eye on it, especially in the warmer weather (as metal contracts and expands) just in case.

Looks nice though.

Donny

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Cant understand why folk put 172 bumpers on non rs models...Not too keen on the rims or lights, But the old Rick_172 spoiler looks good and the zorst looks tidy.

Chocolate Bar™

I put a 172 bumper on because i scuffed the other one, and it saves me getting my old one resprayed, im not running any sports badges, so im not in anyway trying to impersonate one. Rims are different, and thats why i like em.

172 M69 eater

personally i think the rs bumper is better than the non rs bumper so it jus looks better imo!

Yeah i agree.

If i had a non sport version, and needed a new rear bumper id go for the sport one aswell. It just looks alot cleaner.

Not keen on the lights if im honest, but everything else looks nice :)

1.6 focus zetec....

Can i ask where did you get those lights from as they look mint and do thy come in any other colours?

The car looks mint m8 and like everyone else says...just lower it more

Kiza

Nice one, RS bumper is alot better than the standard one, and I think the reaar lights actually look pretty good, better on darker colours, I didnt think much of them on the K-TEC silver 172, but on black and blues they look good :) nice one matey :)

Chocolate Bar™

To be honest i quite like em, look better in real life (especially when lit) the red ones looked a bit harsh with all the black. Im looking into getting sum standard ones though getting a bit bored now ;)

Chocolate Bar™

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 15 July 2005

looks good, the only thing im not keen on is the alloys, the design makes them look very small

totally agree, think itll look better when i lower it a bit more, im thinking bout putting 60mm springs on my koni dampers, and selling my 35mm springs, anybody done this?

I love those wheels, kinda european.

Wasnt sure bout the lights at first but I think its growing on me - definitely unusual!