ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new best friend (172 Cup)

Thanks, Im very proud! As nice as it is to look at its nothing until you are behind the wheel, Ive never been so happy to just drive places!

Usual 10 mile trip home from my gfs tonight became a 30 mile epic around all sorts of roads just for the hell of it, great fun.

Brings back memories of when i got mine... think i had a permanent grin on my face for the first 6 months or so!! seems to have lost its edge now a yer on but think its cos ive got used to it.... still brings a smile to my face though when out for a blast and always look forward to driving it:)

Enjoy mate.

Quote: Originally posted by Flim172 on 15 May 2005

Brings back memories of when i got mine... think i had a permanent grin on my face for the first 6 months or so!! seems to have lost its edge now a yer on but think its cos ive got used to it.... still brings a smile to my face though when out for a blast and always look forward to driving it:)

Enjoy mate.

I actually enjoyed my Dynamique more after a year or so, got more and more used to it and really enjoyed driving it to what I knew to be its safe limits.

Ive been taking it easy on the twisties so far in this one as Im still unsure how far I can go, but the fun so far has been the shocking straight line speed, even after all I had read I never thought it was possible for a small hatch to accelerate so damn fast. Who says you cant have fun within the speed limits!

Weeman sucks ****

Ive had mine for nearly 2 and a half years now, still makes me grin. Itll get better as you learn it to.

Vee dub

That Cup is looking good!

Nice plate too

Will look a wee bit better with splitter too youll find

Quote: Originally posted by truckertone on 16 May 2005

so i see im not the only one to have a fixed permanent grin every time i go out in my wifes cup then lol
Not so fun in very wet weather though. Feels absolutely perfect in the dry but seems very twitchy on wet surfaces unless you are driving on a nice straight even road, cant wait for the winter to come round :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 16 May 2005

ukaskew- u could always go for a carbon spliter
Considering it based on the fact its much cheaper, but Im not sure if I like it. The Renault one seems bigger...?

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 16 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by truckertone on 16 May 2005so i see im not the only one to have a fixed permanent grin every time i go out in my wifes cup then lol[/QUOTE]Not so fun in very wet weather though. Feels absolutely perfect in the dry but seems very twitchy on wet surfaces unless you are driving on a nice straight even road, cant wait for the winter to come round :confused:

I find that with the valver too, seems very twitchy in the wet, maybe its all the hot clios, or just powerful fwd hatches!? Cup looks lovely fella!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 16 May 2005

Considering ordering one from Renault, are they easy to fit?
yeah, corners are a fiddle to get perfect, but just take your time and itll be fin, i did mine as mine was naked too!

if you want a cheap splitter someone is selling them on here - he has 5 of them for sale, also they are 55quid brand new on ebay - I bought one and they are genuine originals.

splitters are 55 quid on ebay - well worth a look - i bought one - pretty simple to fix - need to jack the car up though, also I drilled a sh*t load of holes to make the splitter fit better.

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 17 May 2005

Its funny how the Cups look completely different colours in photos - love the Mondial blue :)
I was thinking that, mine were taken on a very sunny day but that was pretty damn close to how it looked at the time, it is a very light colour in good light. Its never looked nearly as dark as gt_gazs pic. Mondial seems to be lighter than Trophy Blue (mrs has a ZR) when parked together which isnt that dark anyway.