ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Brand New Mk3 Clio

yeah get some pics up, i've seen a couple of new clios about & they look quite nice.

Talking about top end etc, a dude i know used to have a new fiesta 1.3 8v & reckoned it would go 118 mph (the book fig was only 96 lmao) he did the top end with four of us in it - just shows how much the speedo over read, typical ford !

Not a Clio
Friendly reminder.

ClioSport and it's staff do not condone illegal acts or misuse of cars on the roads they are driven on. Our rules incorporate any posts that break the law. Posts from members or users "boasting" about breaking the law will be removed.

In simple terms... if you do 120mph on the public roads then keep this information to yourself, do not post it on the forum.

Talking about potential top speeds and speeds obtained on a track is fine.

Calling a public road a "track" or "private road" to get around the rules is normally obvious and posts will still be removed.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Chris1.4RT said:
120 m.p.h. in a 1.4?

Do me a favour. Indicated speed maybe, reality, no sir.

allans old 1.2 dynamique done 118 GPS reading with only a catback exhaust and pannel filter

congrats on the new car, quite like the new clio its growing on me, still prefer the MK2 Ph2/3 looks wise though!

Clio v6
You have to say "I raced him off the pedestrian crossing in the outside lane by the chippy at Silverstone"

TheJesus said:
dirty b*tch... quality ;):D

haha, after reading this whole thread, that was the only comment i picked up on too.

Pics of you and the car are needed to see exactly what you mean about the space in the back. As i've found being 6'2" in the back of the mk2 clio is a bit of a struggle.

Not a Clio
Chris n nic said:
hmmm so as long as you say track and not "track" then it won`t get deleted...

*sigh*

If the post states on a track but clearly is not then it will be removed.

Nippy white cup
I wish I had a green name and could talk down to people. Basically it depends on wether you think they are being honest or not...Photographic proof and a letter from a responsible citizen is probably the next `law`

Chris

Chris n nic said:
I wish I had a green name and could talk down to people.
theduckeatspork said:
you should have applied to be a mod then ;)
he did, look what happened though...

The Management said:
Chris,

Thankyou for applying to become a moderator on Clio Sport. Each application is given the utmost consideration (except Jesus' cos he's a rate tw*t) but unfortunately we cannot give you a position at this time. Overall we were impressed with how you handle yourself on the forum, but we are looking for people that have no interest in Clio's and own different cars and would ask that you be more of a condescending prick for future consideration. Meet this criteria and it's yours.

Regards,

Da Management
wow... so that's why they turned you down... harsh man! :clown::rasp:

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
aye pics will be up soon promise!!! bigyin ian (boyfriend) bought the mk2 so i got 2k plus some kinky s**t, lol but am happy. x

clio 182 black /gold
DSCF0068.gif

DSCF0067.gif

DSCF0066.gif

DSCF0065.gif

DSCF0064.gif

DSCF0063.gif

Shhh
I would sell the 182 for one of these, tho i do miss doing 110mph in 4th gear at the rev limiter, then putting it into 5th for a nice stable cruise on the track...

I would buy one, tho these are very very very overpriced for a clio. Dealer wanted £12,000 for a 1.4 privledge 5 door clio, had the alloys, air con packs etc. Come after March i expect these prices to fall and then i can chop one up for under £9,000 - £10,000. With the issues ive had with the clio in the past 13months with the 14 warranty claims i suspect i should get it for free...

Tho a letter to AutoExpress and Renault Uk is inbound about the claims and what can be done about all this trouble ive had.

Id buy a used one of these tomorrow, tho as there are not many made so far, the prices are held until the production numbers out does demand.

Renaultsport 220T
See they didn't bother to move the engine start button over from the LHD ones. Very lazy Reno, indeed.

:eek:

Clio 172 mk2
I did look at a Mk3 Clio in the Renault showroom and wasn't overly keen on it....could have been because it was in red though or because I was more interested in the Renaultsport Megane outside:D

Hope it goes well....certainly looks good in black:D

Octavia VRS
I saw a mk3 on the way to work today, looks so HIGH! It was parked next to some estate and looked bigger lol

Drove behind one today......what can i say.....boring. Looks like the b*****d offspring of a 206/micra. IMO

BMW M135i
182WRC said:
See they didn't bother to move the engine start button over from the LHD ones. Very lazy Reno, indeed.

:eek:
And the bonnet release is still on the wrong side, at least they put the windscreen wipers the right way round this time. Not like any of its a major problem, engine start would get to me though.

ukaskew said:
Any engine bay pics? Access looks a little tight with that bonnet line, probably just an illusion though.

Yeh would be interested to see this too.