ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car -Alfa gtv 3.0 v6

Arctic 182
I'm a bit of an Alfa nut, bloody love these.

Things to watch out for are wishbones (bushes go in no time) as people have touched on already, and the floor pan - believe or not, its not galvanised! So make sure you get it checked when you get the car, any rust rectified and a bloody good underseal put on it.

As long as you look after them though, they're really good strong engines, and the sound is just out of this world. I'll be getting one when the time is right, that is for sure :)

Enjoy!
They have power flex bushes in mate looks good from underneath

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are the exterior panels galvanised though? I always thought they were immune from rust so to speak.

Turbos.
They do share many bits from the Fiat Coupe. IIRC the Alfa has slightly more trick rear suspension, the Fiat better at the front.

My dad had one in the classic red with Autodelta 4-pipe exhaust, Eibachs and AP calipers all round (standard ones are rubbish!). Lovely cars, really nice interiors and an occasion to drive. I remember the heavy clutch and constant wheelspin though.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Nice motor.

Engines are very strong as long as oil is checked regulary and kepp on top of cambelts.

Not seen a rusty alfa for year tbh but am sure people still believe there rust buckets

Disastra Coupe
Awesome. Love Alfa's personally.

My Uncle had a 147 GTA and let me take it a spin when i was about 18 (brave b*****d).... Had a Remus exhaust on, some carbon intake and a remap. Sounded out of this world.

Arctic 182
Will of been an auto delta carbon kit very pricey tho.yea that sound awesome cabt wait to get the exhaust.ill put a project thread up when get car

Disastra Coupe
Will of been an auto delta carbon kit very pricey tho.yea that sound awesome cabt wait to get the exhaust.ill put a project thread up when get car

That's the one, just couldn't remember the name lol. I ended up fitting it for him actually. Paid a fortune for it, then i watched him trying to fit it and had to take over (if you knew what he was like, you'd be surprised he even attempted it haha).

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Brave, brave man! Lovely cars, driven my friends a few times, awesome throttle response, slick box (until it explodes on the road!) and lovely interior!
We often joke at how much his has cost him in total, he's owned it about 6yrs, bought for £4500, stands him in at about £15,000! A grand of that was a bare metal spray job, but still!
He has an auto delta carbon intake and ragazzon copy exhaust, sounds awesome.
Things like wipers not stopping all the way down the screen costing £600 is what scared me out of buying one recently!! Plus we were driving gently through town one night and heard a metallic rattle, then smelt gearbox oil. Pulled up to find the gearbox in pieces, it spontaneously exploded all over the floor, crazy!
YouTube "kernowmcrae", he fitted camera mounts to his and filmed it, sounds good on film etc.

I'm not downing the cars though, they are beautiful and there's nothing quite like an Alfa, the testament is he has it all that time and money later...!

Arctic 182
The person who owned mine had his for 6 years done 77k bents changed and all oils changed etc.showed me underneath it looks good plus it's been in his garage every night for his time of owning it so fingers crossed

The person who owned mine had his for 6 years done 77k bents changed and all oils changed etc.showed me underneath it looks good plus it's been in his garage every night for his time of owning it so fingers crossed

Looks lovely bud, so much love for teledials, never change them!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Jamie can you find me that vids of your mate's 146? It had mega money spent on it. Can't find it anymore. :(

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Then there is stes similar to pauls but no supercharger... Has ferrari 360 throttle bodies and a new custom carbon plenum on it now but he still hasnt had it mapped to suit yet.

Piers will add vid as i cant find it..

Both paul and ste drive there car very hard (and when your engine sounds as good as there why not!). Paul has had a number of problems including a thrown rod, but mainly down to cooling issues. Where ste's has been faultless and both are original gearboxes.

Last edited:
Ste's GTA as requested.

I'm sure supercharged one is alarmingly fast, and maybe sounds different in person, but I just don't think you can beat the sound of N/A. The noise of this one is just insane, so Ferrari-esque, but like a 70s or 80s race car Ferrari, perfect, must turn heads everywhere on sound alone?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Also agree that the NA sounds the best in this occasion. Like oli says very much like a classic ferrari and probably alot more powerful which is crazy.

Spotted that one with lambo wheels and is a great price, even if mileage is high.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My heart just skipped a beat... I normally wouldn't even be a fan of that colour but on those wheels ghey or not I f**king love it! :eek: Look at that f**king price!

Agree Oli N/A ftw with the right mods and sound.

Same colour as the Wench's 147, looks fantastic in the flesh, those pictures make it look pants. Not really sure on those wheels either tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I kinda like the wheels because they are a bit f**k off look at me, like the car! I'd have mine in Blue but that colour definitely is lovely on the GTV.

Wheels are too big, original look better. It's not a genuine cup is it? Has cup vents in wings and cup splitter/bumper though? Like the exhausts and colour

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Wheels are too big, original look better. It's not a genuine cup is it? Has cup vents in wings and cup splitter/bumper though? Like the exhausts and colour

I think Cups were all red in colour? Bit of work to change all those bits over to a non cup and then respray that colour.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a kit though, quite a few have it non?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes and no, it can be done, it's just a pearl effect nothing mental really. More Internet scaremongering than anything.