ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car -Alfa gtv 3.0 v6

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Yes and no, it can be done, it's just a pearl effect nothing mental really. More Internet scaremongering than anything.

A good shop could do it, as good as people without the equipment claim to be, I wouldn't be happy unless they had some expensive paint matching/dating equipment with a colour like this, so close to silver, it wouldn't be the easiest to match. My day is filled with spotting terribly matched paint, drives me mental.
If someone bodged a colour match on my car, I'd flatly refuse to pay until it was done right and in an ideal world I'd want compensation as itd drive me mental! I'd rather have a scratch/dent/damage than a badly matched panel!

Yep, cups were all red, I did think that an you've confirmed it! Cups are stunning. I believe my aforementioned friend has a cup kit he's never used, may be available if OP were interested??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm actually an assessor mate just to give you some background hence my comments.

I'm actually an assessor mate just to give you some background hence my comments.

Ahhh right! Well yeah, I agree it can be done, at the right place :)
Down where I am there are so many terrible shops, as a result so many terrible jobs. But there are also a sprinkling of fantastic places, it costs but it's one area I'd never skimp!
I bet you're constantly spotting terrible paint when out and about then??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It gets annoying after a while but some places are cutting so many corners these days that it's very hard to find decent places. The most frustrating thing is most customers don't know any better, they think the "bad jobs" are acceptable. So it becomes the norm.

It gets annoying after a while but some places are cutting so many corners these days that it's very hard to find decent places. The most frustrating thing is most customers don't know any better, they think the "bad jobs" are acceptable. So it becomes the norm.

Totally, that's what gets me, I see so many, even friends, and don't have the heart to tell them! A friend had his front bumper and splitter done recently, totally different shade and had HUGE runs in it, I was gobsmacked! The two easiest things to spot and he had no idea..!
As I said, I simply wouldn't pay as in my eyes it's no better than when it went in, don't know how that would stand legally though... What would be the outcome there, are you within your rights to refuse payment altogether? Or until it's to an acceptable standard?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

Very true, spent a short time in a bodyshop and even my naive eye could see that some colour matches were horrible as soon as the car was driven outside but 90% of the time there was never a complaint