ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Lupo gti content

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello guys and girls

I sold my BG 182 on the weekend, for no other reason than i wanted a change after having owned it for just over 3 years. i knew what i wanted and that was a lupo gti.

I have loved these little cars ever since they came out, the cheeky looks, the rarity and the nice touches like 6 gears and heated leather seats (in some) for a little car, they just appealed to me.

So fast forward to checking pistonheads, autotrader even ebay! i found this little lupo gti. It had just hit 70k had a huge folder of receipts, paperwork etc, and was in kent. So off i went to view it sunday afternoon, trying to keep my excitement in having not even sat in one or really had a chance to get close to one with how rare these are on the roads.

I get there and there it is parked on the guys driveway, i couldnt help but smile and chuckle and its looks and just how tiny these really are. The pictures really didnt do it any justice in the advert. So go through all the paperwork and take it on a test drive, i knew this was a good one and i was going to put an offer in.

So offer accepted, and here it is now on my drive. Sorry for just the one crap picture. i will update this from time to time.

It has the 6 speed box
Heated leather seats
Electric sunroof
And all standard (for now) Bar the red grill i put in :eek:

If you have read this far then thankyou.

cheers stef

001_zps8f8f193c.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Always really liked these.. Much prefer them to the polo. It was just the dash that put me off lol!

Enjoy it mate, looks lovely.

Disastra Coupe
They do look quite smart but as above, stupid prices for what they are... £3800 for a 2001, 70k, small hatch?! Madness. Glad you're happy with it though!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very nice! I loved my Arosa sport.

Just bit slow now a days though.

A few years ago i'm sure they were still voted as having one of the best set of xenons and that was against much more expensive metal.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
They do look quite smart but as above, stupid prices for what they are... £3800 for a 2001, 70k, small hatch?! Madness. Glad you're happy with it though!

Yeah i do agree they hold their prices very well.

Not so good when buying, but it may not lose too much either, cant be a bad thing.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Loved mine on FK coilovers. I also had the 6 speed box and leather (although I didn't get the heated switches wired in).

Try and get matching wing mirrors if you can (the passenger one is smaller than the driver's).

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So much scene tax. Very glad to hear you went for the 6 speed box. The 5 speed is horiffic. Only downside is the fact you can't heel and toe/left foot brake in them. Silly VW design. It can be coded out though on VAGCOM.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is quite funny how they hold money. They're just cool.

Very rare in Tornado Red, lovely little cars.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
So much scene tax. Very glad to hear you went for the 6 speed box. The 5 speed is horiffic. Only downside is the fact you can't heel and toe/left foot brake in them. Silly VW design. It can be coded out though on VAGCOM.

Nothing wrong with the 5 speed box! Its a dif box to the polo gti.
Mine was on 120k when I sold it, Many trackdays and 3 nurburgring trips and all good.

​love lupo gti's though, And as said the headlights are simply amazing

Love these and will go on forever if looked after.

I considered one years ago but at 6ft 4'' I struggling to get in it and get comfortable!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Last edited:
  TTRS & V50
Fantastic cars. I had an SDI for my first car and it was flawless for 2 years.

They hold their prices ridiculously well so don't listen to all the french fans in here, we all know how quick french cars depreciate. Compare an R26 to an ED30 for instance.

997.1, Caddy, e208
She's got a Polish registered one and is shopping for a White Pearl one or Raven Blue for the UK, there's a nice grey colour too. She loves them.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Decent little cars these, enjoy it. Mate had one for a few years and loved it and never had any bother with it

A young lad has one round near me and has xenons blazing in broad daylight every time Ive seen him

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
51 Plate - £3800. Mental.

But I love them, not quite MK1 Golf love, but - on it's way.

ST
Love these, i considered one after my first JCW Mini but they just don't feel quick enough in comparison with similar cars.

So much scene charge. Extremely happy to hear you tried for the 6 speed box. Just downside is the actuality you can't heel and toe/left foot brake in them. Senseless VW plan. It could be coded out however on VAGCOM.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nice little car mate, always had a soft spot for them and yours is specced spot and and in the colour i'd have one :)