ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Lupo gti content

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Good man, best car I ever owned.
6100478181_267aafd7b0_z.jpg

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Keeping it Renault with the 5GT rims obvs.

Yeah, that was one of the rarer colours. Think they were Tornado Red, Reflex Silver, Black and Anthracite.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Keeping it Renault with the 5GT rims obvs.

Yeah, that was one of the rarer colours. Think they were Tornado Red, Reflex Silver, Black and Anthracite.

You've got Raven Blue as well, such a lovely colour. I see a mildly modified one driving by me now and then and it makes me want one so much! Great little cars.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow i am surprised at how well liked these are :approve:

Well i have been away for the weekend with the gf to Hereford to see her sister, neise and other half (who is currently away serving in afghan)

The 3 hour drive there and first time of really driving it far rather than to the shops, it never skipped a beat and is actually a nice little cabin to be in. seats are comfy and it is nice and quite.

Currently awaiting on my 'cambridge' rear lights that i ordered the start of last week :dapprove:

Loving the lupo already!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
They are very nice on long journeys. I used to do a 3 hour trip to Cardiff and back again a couple of days later every other weekend. Plus 3 ring trips. Did 45k in it in 3 years and didn't even use it for work. I'm 6ft 3 and found it so roomy in the front.
Never missed a beat either. It's the only car I regret selling

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So mini update!

After waiting for about a week for these to arrive, i am happy with them :eek:

So quick comparison of standard and the cambridge rear lights i have opted for.

001_zps1ced311c.jpg

And how the back end looks now

002_zps34e5ea61.jpg

​Cheers stef

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Loving this! Are they nippy for what they are though?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks really really good, drivers side leather looks like it could do with tightening up a little though. I've seen this done with a heat gun before, worth considering?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So a mini update

First of all the cambelt was due a change, so i have had the cambelt, waterpump, fan belt and new anti freeze all done this week. Aswell as all drainage holes checked and cleared due to the winter months ahead for peace of mind.

Next up

The original car mats were getting past their best and seeing how originals are liking rocking horse s**t, i opted for some black ones from 'Awesome gti'

002_zpsa8352b59.jpg

001_zps21e4f33d.jpg

And i also bought an Audi r8 oil cap :eek:

004_zps736adf51.jpg

Still plenty i want to do, but with winter and xmas on the horizon and going on holiday for two weeks a week today, it will be the start of the new year

cheers stef

RB 182 195bhp
Looks lovely! How does it compare to the Clio for fun then? I'd imagine it's more agile if anything? How much do they weigh?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
From my experience with my lupo that i had for 3 years is that they are very fun! Weigh just under a ton, They are alot like a clio fun wise but not quite as quick.

I recommend fitting a jabbasport rear anti roll bar, Well worth the upgrade!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
MINI UPDATE

Have done a few things since, but only really replacing rather than anything.

Had the following go on me at different times, mainly age related.

*Sidelight gone
*number plate bulb gone
*Heater control stopped lighting up

So i replaced both sidelights for normal oem ones.

Bought some brighter number plate bulbs and replaced both of those

And did some research on why my heater 'knobs' stopped lighting up....turned out to be a bulb, nice simple fix.

So got some tools for the job, pliers to get the knob off, long nose pliers to get the bulb out and some tissue to protect the bulb and knob when pulling them out.

001_zpsa391c58d.jpg

The offending bulb

003_zps3dd92d9e.jpg

That's better

002_zps5deca853.jpg

All back together :)

004_zps62151b48.jpg

All better

006_zps593f9559.jpg

My girlfriend also bought me a different set of mats and are nicer than the ones i had just put in, so now have a spare set, never mind. I will get some pictures tomorrow as i have also bought some leather cleaner for the seats so will be tackling that tomorrow :D

I have also booked the car into mike at Rentech in portsmouth to have the following done

*Full service including gearbox oil change
*New discs and pads all round
*New starter motor fitted (mines being noisy)
*New thermostat (My temp is being temper mental)
*General check over

So all being good i will then look to purchase some KW coilovers :evil:

I know abit of a boring update but hopefully some better ones to come.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE

So today i decided to get up and give the lupo a thorough clean! And to clean the seats and engine bay.

Also replaced the rear wiper for a new one. :)

Here's some pictures, hope you like.

007_zps956243e2.jpg

006_zps7daea339.jpg

004_zps96e8fe4e.jpg

001_zpsd75ba892.jpg

And some of the inside, the seats look a million times better than before!

Here is a quick comparison (And with the old and new mats)

002_zpsa8352b59.jpg

001_zps21e4f33d.jpg

And new

002_zps76b9930f.jpg

003_zps6bf80519.jpg

005_zps0135bf1f.jpg

And a quick clean on the engine bay.

008_zps0107ec1e.jpg

Cheers stef