ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Aston or not, f**k those costs on anything but baller wages

Good luck moving to a Rav4!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Aston or not, f**k those costs on anything but baller wages

Agreed, I like nice cars, but I wouldnt want to rent one for over a grand a month for very long, lol.

Good luck moving to a Rav4!

She said a cheap one.

1996-1997_Toyota_RAV4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
But when I park it outside my own house it will be worth it :) I figured I had to go for something really different. I fancied a navara but the more I spend on a car the less I've got for a house so cheap n cheerful it is.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
But when I park it outside my own house it will be worth it :) I figured I had to go for something really different. I fancied a navara but the more I spend on a car the less I've got for a house so cheap n cheerful it is.
Navara, £170/month lease job done.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Good plan. Buying something like an Aston for example would be retarded.

Ive banked the memories and the good times, remember how I got this money... Life is too short.

do to regret a second of it but now it's time to knuckle down n grow up

DB.

BMW 440i
As an accountant, it's interesting to hear the cost side, and as you say, a fair amount of it was covered by warranty.

Great way to tick something perceived to many as 'unrealistic' off the bucket list!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
As an accountant, it's interesting to hear the cost side, and as you say, a fair amount of it was covered by warranty.

Great way to tick something perceived to many as 'unrealistic' off the bucket list!

Not so much unrealistic, as unsustainable

DB.

BMW 440i
Not so much unrealistic, as unsustainable

Better way of putting it, although I suppose it's unrealistic to many having to pay a mortgage/rent at the same time, obviously this wasn't of concern to Laura whilst doing this.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bet you could lease a 911 turbo for £1000 a month!

f**king stupid mortgage.

DB.

BMW 440i
I wonder how the cost of Laura's purchase and sale would compare to a 18 month lease. (Do 18 month leases even exist? - Equiv of 16 months anyway based on 2 year lease prices)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I bet you could lease a 911 turbo for £1000 a month!

f**king stupid mortgage.

Contract Hire finance example from Porsche Financial Services
based on 10,000 miles per annum* for Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe PDK
Duration 36 months
Initial Rental (plus VAT) £4,240.53
Monthly Rental (plus VAT) £1,413.51
Excess Mileage 47p per mile
Service, maintenance and tyres Included

Not quite...

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol the VAT monthly amount was enough to lease a BMW M135i back when that offer was on.

Red
So i am at the point where i can almost forgive myself for buying a stupid car for a year... Having just read those prices though f**k THAT!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Contract Hire finance example from Porsche Financial Services
based on 10,000 miles per annum* for Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe PDK
Duration 36 months
Initial Rental (plus VAT) £4,240.53
Monthly Rental (plus VAT) £1,413.51
Excess Mileage 47p per mile
Service, maintenance and tyres Included

Not quite...

I can find them (after 15 seconds on google!) for £1080 a month.

DB.

BMW 440i
I can find them (after 15 seconds on google!) for £1080 a month.

multiply by hourly rate by those 15 seconds and it wouldn't even be worth the saving. Ok, maybe not quite.

The MPG figures surprised me with the Aston, I always thought it would be closer to 20MPG.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The fact remains, running a baller car requires baller wages. Or no house and kids.

Well done to Laura though, she's done what most people only dream of doing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oops, reading fail by me there on the mileage.

So its a quid a mile in depreciation alone, then add in 50p a mile for fuel.

Must have been about 2 quid a mile or so at least all in then.

Or 1000 quid+ a month.

So an entire wage to someone in a minimum wage job, before they eat or drink or have clothes or anywhere to live.

Certainly not a cheap exercise then!

Lol.

Remember I told you, you could extract the fun out of a threesome with 2 Swedish models? Yeah you still could.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Remember I told you, you could extract the fun out of a threesome with 2 Swedish models? Yeah you still could.
If one of them had aids and I pointed it out. It wouldn't actually be my fault. Unless I gave her the aids.
So don't shoot the messenger. Lol

Serious question though.
15k to help your kid through uni or some memories of driving around for a 7k miles in an Aston you can't drive anymore. What would you sooner have gally?

DB.

BMW 440i
If one of them had aids and I pointed it out. It wouldn't actually be my fault. Unless I gave her the aids.
So don't shoot the messenger. Lol

Serious question though.
15k to help your kid through uni or some memories of driving around for a 7k miles in an Aston you can't drive anymore. What would you sooner have gally?

That's just like saying every year though - £4k on a nice holiday, or that money could go towards this… etc

Memories have different meanings to different people and are the things you look back and smile on when your a cripple in a home.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's just like saying every year though - £4k on a nice holiday, or that money could go towards this… etc

Memories have different meanings to different people and are the things you look back and smile on when your a cripple in a home.

Agree totally.

Which is why I won't be buying an Aston like Laura did.
I've driven loads of nice cars already so to me I can get better memories for my 15k than just to drive 7k miles in a car that's nearly as nice as some others I have driven.
Doesnt make it wrong for someone else to do that though. We are all different. :)

Laura still doesn't regret it now. So for her at this stage in her life it sounds like it was the right thing to do. Maybe in 5 years if her boiler explodes and she can't afford to fix it she will regret it then but hopefully she won't ever be in that situation so will always look back fondly.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Jeez you lot are hard work. Live a little.

I lost about 16% of the purchase price, I've not just handed the car back they have given me a tidy sum so I'm hardly in poorsville lol.

I have aves zero interest in saving for a kids college fund when I'm in my 20s when I may not even have children, I could well be dead by 50. Life is for living now. go out enjoy it!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm definitely going to stop spending money and leaving the house. Kids Uni fund is way more important.

Except Alzheimers, lol.

My mum has it. :(

Daniel what you got in stock.

Some microfibres, some SRP and a few AF products.

Oh, and some paper mats.

This really wasn't the greatest page of this thread!

Laura, glad you've enjoyed it, but as AR and few others have said on your FB post, owning your own place will be the best next move you've made. You'll get the tidying/buying stuff for it etc bug soon enough. And with reports of NW prices around 21% in places last year, you're defo onto an appreciating asset winner, rather than £20k loss in 16 months!!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

Laura, glad you've enjoyed it, but as AR and few others have said on your FB post, owning your own place will be the best next move you've made. You'll get the tidying/buying stuff for it etc bug soon enough. And with reports of NW prices around 21% in places last year, you're defo onto an appreciating asset winner, rather than £20k loss in 16 months!!

Agreed. I'd love to run an Aston, but to have an Aston & no house, I wouldn't & couldn't do it.

I appreciate the live your life whilest you're young & that's fine we all make our own choices, but I see a lot of people who've done just that, that now they're older they have bugger all because they didn't invest in their future.

Money in bricks & mortar > cars.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

For sure. Living at home or in rented accommodation is a mugs game, especially if you have nice toys that hold you back from purchasing. Back to front priorities. You've done the right thing for the right reasons.

My old boy is on the hunt for a red V8V...ironically.

Good luck with future endeavours!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well she will be up for sale at wilmslow for 40K so tell him to get buying, however i never want to see pictures lol.

I have zero regrets about any of this, best thing ive ever done and ive still got a tidy lump sum back in the bank, just because ive lost a few grand it makes no difference to me, ive got a million more memories and smiles to look back on. Life for me is about living now and not worrying about which uni my imaginary kids might go to and how much money i might leave them when im dead. no ta

I cant expect many people to understand my mentality but going through what i went through and seeing the regrets my mum had about not living life when she had the chance made me do this. Ive met some amazing people had some mind blowing experiences and just had a great time.

Hell people spend a couple of grand on a holiday each year, 2 years of holidays and your not too far off the deprichation I've had to stand. The rest is just running costs, its just a fancy ford after all :p

If anyone has got a lump of cash and fancy doing something mental.. do it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol. That reads more like you are trying to convince yourself than us.

But seriously though if you feel it was the best possible use of that money to give you maximum enjoyment over the course of your life then it was a good decision.

I tend to work on the basis that I'm happy with my life so no point regretting anything at all on the basis if I did things differently then I might be somewhere else with my life now that I wouldn't be happy with.
Life is definately too short to spend it looking backwards. What's done is done.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't listen to Chip, he sounds a tad jealous of your situation Laura. Enjoy the next chapter of your life.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don't listen to Chip, he sounds a tad jealous of your situation Laura. Enjoy the next chapter of your life.

I highly, highly doubt it. In fact I know he isn't.

He's just speaking from a financially sensible point of view, which I understand. However I still think I'd do the same as Laura. Not everything is financially sensible and the hit you take is proportional to the enjoyment you get.