ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was kinda joking chaps. Humour bypass for the Durbmeister! ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Don't listen to Chip, he sounds a tad jealous of your situation Laura. Enjoy the next chapter of your life.
Her mum died and left her some cash didn't she? if so then I don't see how anyone who's mum is alive could be jealous.

And also tbh I could afford to do the same tomorrow if I wanted to, I spend more than that (1k a month) on trackdays and car bits anyway but I enjoy a Clio round a track more than I enjoy an Aston on the road.

But finally. I just don't do "jealous" at all or how could I be mates with some of the people I am? One my friends has just been rallying a 60s cooper around in Switzerland which would literally be a dream come true for me and he also has a stable of cars worth more than I will earn in my life. I'm not jealous in the nasty way in the slightest, a healthy envy perhaps but there are other aspects of my life I prefer to his so even that isnt absolute.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
luckly i have a mint job that lets me play with silly cars too, was ragging the new Macan Turbo round Palma race circuit last week :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
luckly i have a mint job that lets me play with silly cars too, was ragging the new Macan Turbo round Palma race circuit last week :D

Cool, but that makes there seem even less point in wasting so much money to drive around in an older car but still very nice on the road for a while TBH, lol.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, but that makes there seem even less point in wasting so much money to drive around in an older car but still very nice on the road for a while TBH, lol.

I fell out of love with expensive cars, work with them everyday as I used to they become like everything else. Shortly after this I re kindled my love for bikes. Fraction of the cost & faster. Also more involving & fun IMO but that's personal taste & they aren't for everyone.

I see what you're saying, I could sell my house & run about in a Aston if I wanted, but then where does that leave me, nice car & no house.

Fair play to Laura though, as she has done what she wanted & got what she wanted out of it, no one should tell you how to live your life, but yeah, points have been made about investing in property rather than a bit of metal & they are correct.

But each to their own.

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I love expensive cars but luckily my head always wins over my heart.

I was thinking you were paying finance on top of the other monies too. Didn't realise you umm 'got given' the money. I was thinking that was a s**t load of money in total lol.
atleast you have enjoyed yourself and still have the money to buy a property.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
A little bit of personal information is a dangerous thing on this forum! Nosey pricks!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A little bit of personal information is a dangerous thing on this forum! Nosey pricks!

I cannot fathom people's issue with this thread. No surprise to see who the biggest culprit is.

Tangoed Works
It must be amazing to have had this baby on the drive rented house or not. I can't see why it looks to others as if there is some justification involved. Life is full of variable situations and if we all did the same thing it would be boring. No doubt you will probably be back in something similar in the future. Good luck with the house!

Fair play for doing it while you can. I was tempted to do similar and buy a couple of Cosworths for the sake of it 'because I could' when I had a healthy house deposit sat earning little interest. I never got around to it for fear of finding a house and it being tied up.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Great thread Laura, what a cracking car to have, even for a year or so, to look out at and say...."thats mine" :cool:
You've done what I'd love to do.

Good luck in the house/ runabout 4x4 ventures. :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Massive credit to you Laura, so what you've wasted some money, the memories and fun will outweigh that in the grand scheme of things 10:1.
I'm very tempted to do the same thing.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Aww no, shame to see that the AM dream has come to an end (at least for now whilst other priorities take the lead). Glad you've enjoyed it and thanks for sharing the ownership stories and pics over the last year and a half; I've enjoyed following the thread. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Aww no, shame to see that the AM dream has come to an end (at least for now whilst other priorities take the lead). Glad you've enjoyed it and thanks for sharing the ownership stories and pics over the last year and a half; I've enjoyed following the thread. :)

You'll end up having had the V nearly as long as she got the Aston, but for free in your case.

Winning!

lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
You'll end up having had the V nearly as long as she got the Aston, but for free in your case.

Winning!

lol
LOL! True, although it's costing me a fortune mate. It's running beautifully/flawlessly (apart from eating 3 ignition coils) but the temporary fully comp insurance is a killer. :( But it's been fun and worth it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
street trippe, tests will be done in the summer.

few things to sort out 1st... like a new car and a place to live haha

Petrol Blue 182.
Shame Laura, looked mint at LM! Probably the most expensive car failsport ever got to put its mark on ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
photo.php

1004841_10152912839098484_219295363_n.jpg

Bought this a few weeks ago, its given me a hankering for another z4 tho, oops