ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Classic Sti

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Duncan from race dynamix or whatever it's called. Some mixed reviews about how good his maps are. It came mapped and hasn't blown up yet lol.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Last item purchased last night - decat down pipe.

Thats everything bought now - just fitting and mapping to sort now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Last item purchased last night - decat down pipe.
Will that mean both cats are out, or do you still have the 2nd cat in place? Sorry if it's been mentioned. I'm getting a decat downpipe fitted also, just a bit unsure about whether it's a good move or not haha.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Think he now has no cats judging by pics of the exhaust he bought centre pipe was straight through Decat . Downpipe is the restrictive one

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Think he now has no cats judging by pics of the exhaust he bought centre pipe was straight through Decat . Downpipe is the restrictive one

This. Took the centre one out for noise but the down pipe is where the performance gains come from. It's a bit of a pain as well so it's a good job mot places can be 'understanding'.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
good work. they do ding easily, not the strongest metal ever made.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ecu arrived today;

EA4A83D5-2EB3-454D-B04E-4EC34730DD65_zpsserki4gq.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Noticed the other day that there was a LOT of water getting into the boot and arch area which is of course bad news.

After investigation it appears that the light had not been sealed properly following the fitting of a fog lamp so my mate joe came round and sorted it with a s**t load of sealant! Fingers crossed that should solve the problem.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a change of heart with this car and decided to stay standard so most of the parts I bought have now been sold!

The car is also now back on the standard wheels;

12834306423_b1e45532bc_z.jpg

Standard by cobzy1, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tbh I was a little bit shocked that you bought such a mint car and then started to modify it.

Don't get my wrong the engine mods are great but I couldn't be fitting later wheels to it.

Its just wrong.

Its like having a mint ph1 and fitting 182 wheel's to it.

Epic car mate, I love it. :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Good decision IMO . So hard to find a nice standard classic these days

Cup In bits
I liked it standard also, I'm surprised you changed your mind with the Clio money burning a hole in your pocket.