ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Classic Sti

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Early morning collection - 440 ph1 injectors;

11813822755_26cc5e6482_z.jpg

440s by cobzy1, on Flickr

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
dont think the gains are that much on an sti compared to say a uk turbo. they are already 280 out the box, with a remap maybe 300bhp. the turbo is usually the limiting factor. been down this route so many times with classic imprezas, end up spending a fortune. you will need a decat downpipe if your going to get it mapped as well for better gains. its a slippery slope.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Decat, cosworth filter, injectors, walboro fuel pump, and arc intercooler - that's the lot for me! Should be a reliable (ish) 300bhp. Then it's onto the brakes and wheels and tyres!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
good stuff, make sure those rear arches are kept nice and clean too thats where they go first. 300bhp in a classic is perfect imo, they are light cars and thats more than enough power from my experience, especially when running those 2 pots brakes of yours. i still want another mint classic sti ra. one day.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
dont like them de spoilered, has to be low level or mid level for me, not a fan of the high lever spoiler either. lol. im fussy that way. looks great in the pics, so refreshing to see an unmolested classic. just how they should be.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Gone nuts today. I've bought a hks panel filter and walboro 255 fuel pump from graham Goode and then bought an fpr;

4564479F-F94B-47CC-903C-8F11C5556079_zpsadmit4ak.jpg

Now officially broke.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol! You've officially got the Subaru bug. It's an expensive habit. Nice bits

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol! You've officially got the Subaru bug. It's an expensive habit. Nice bits

Thats it now aside from a down pipe! Just got to save up for the daughter board and remap.

I'm sure the next owner will appreciate all the money I've lost.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yep, mappings the expensive bit other parts can be picked up cheap now .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've got the esl thingy. Previous owner says a/l and launch can be mapped in, doesnt interest me tbh.