ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio 172 replica

Ok the remap and cams I can see, because you don't know if they are there or not, but as Russ said, you haven't declares the bodywork changes (sport body kit etc)

Also you say you are a names driver, so are you the main driver or is the policy holder the main driver? As if you are the main driver then it is 'fronting' which is better known as insurance fraud.

I thought as much, that's why I couldn't believe an 18 year old insuring a 1.6 modded up to the eyeballs! I'm struggling to insure my 1.2 and that's not with all the mods declared yet! And I'm 19. It is all in my own name and policy though

Ok the remap and cams I can see, because you don't know if they are there or not, but as Russ said, you haven't declares the bodywork changes (sport body kit etc)

Also you say you are a names driver, so are you the main driver or is the policy holder the main driver? As if you are the main driver then it is 'fronting' which is better known as insurance fraud.

As I've said before it was a bit of banter but you got all serious.. Everything is declared bar the cams, paint and remap. (didn't know I had to declare the paint) Nope I'm not the main driver my dad is.

I thought as much, that's why I couldn't believe an 18 year old insuring a 1.6 modded up to the eyeballs! I'm struggling to insure my 1.2 and that's not with all the mods declared yet! And I'm 19. It is all in my own name and policy though

You said it yourself. I'm a named driver, if I wanted my own policy I'd be paying closer to 3-4k.

On another now, does the 182 bumper bolt straight on? Like is it the same fittings as the 172?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Bingo. Your fronting (insurance fraud) and you have undeclared mods. Muppet. Buy a car you can afford to insure.

So what's the point in the named driver option then. The mods I have un-declared are maps and cams, anyone that says they would declare that are f**king lying period. Dickhead. It's my dads policy it sits outside his house, he owns it. I mod it and drive in evenings if I'm going out I don't commute anywhere in it just use it for social use.

The named driver option is so other people can drive your car, but not more than the main driver. So, does your dad actually drive it or not?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So what's the point in the named driver option then. The mods I have un-declared are maps and cams, anyone that says they would declare that are f**king lying period. Dickhead. It's my dads policy it sits outside his house, he owns it. I mod it and drive in evenings if I'm going out I don't commute anywhere in it just use it for social use.

In the first post you said you'd treated yourself to a new car, but now you say your dad owns it?

Basically this thread is pictures of your dads car which you drive around in at night even though you aren't insured properly. I just pray you don't crash it, even though you probably will.

You are still young though and obviously very naive, but you will learn one day.

And did your dad buy it as it stands now? If so then you don't 'mod it' at all.

Weo

Car looks ok, don't like the black but it's your car.... Oh sorry... It's your Dads car. Sure he likes it.

At 18 I had a 1.1 C2 and was the Main driver.. And was paying £1000, so it's good to see insurance is going down......

And people who mod their cars (properly) declare the modifications because it's their pride and joy.

Tbh it doesn't even add that much, cost me £14.86 to declare my springs.

Think about it, plus this is all sound advice and your slating everyone.

Yep I payed for it, but he signed it over. As for the modding yes it was bought like that, but I have plans for it, therefore I will be modding it.. I'm only insulting people back that insult me, and the fact that I have to repeat the same crap in every post.

Last time I'm saying it the only things undeclared is the paint at the front (which I never knew I had to) and cams and remap (partially because I don't know it's there, partially because I just wouldn't even if I did) My dad own the car, is the policy holder. I'm a named driver, I use it for social use!

/End Spam! and stop bumping up this crap thread. If you're going to say some more bullshit about insurance don't comment.

You havent answered my question, does your dad drive it? I dont give two s**ts if he is the registered keeper and you only use it for social use.

Oh and you missed the 172 body kit of the list of undeclared mods...

Weo

Yep I payed for it, but he signed it over. As for the modding yes it was bought like that, but I have plans for it, therefore I will be modding it.. I'm only insulting people back that insult me, and the fact that I have to repeat the same crap in every post.

Last time I'm saying it the only things undeclared is the paint at the front (which I never knew I had to) and cams and remap (partially because I don't know it's there, partially because I just wouldn't even if I did) My dad own the car, is the policy holder. I'm a named driver, I use it for social use!

/End Spam! and stop bumping up this crap thread. If you're going to say some more bulls**t about insurance don't comment.

Would you date a chic with a d1ck for the same reason?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just think about the poor person you could potentially crash into. That is all I'm saying.

You havent answered my question, does your dad drive it? I dont give two s**ts if he is the registered keeper and you only use it for social use.

Oh and you missed the 172 body kit of the list of undeclared mods...

I did, and yes he does.

No I haven't if you can read it's only cams and map and the paint.

Would you date a chic with a d1ck for the same reason?

Funny guy, yawn.

Just think about the poor person you could potentially crash into. That is all I'm saying.

I'm insured on it though, the mods you see are declared they would never know about the map and cams. Can my dad just phone up and add custom paint to the list?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yes he can. I was more relating to if your insurance ever did some digging to find that you drive the car more than your dad, that is where your problem would arise.

SQ5
As if this was first about undeclared mods and then turns out your fronting too which is far more illegal!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It'd be funny if the insurance reps on here sent a cheeky message to the OPs insurance company...

Weo

All serious-ness aside you are getting sound advice, it's cam'd and mapped and you no this, pleading ignorance to it isn't going to work if their is an accident, insurance companies aren't stupid.... And you have already said it feels like it is mapped.

I personally hope you don't have an accident and my comment above was a joke, but it is people like you who I can't understand, you pay a lot of money for insurance which still isn't void, so why pay at all?

Rant over, just hope you see sense pal.

Yes he can. I was more relating to if your insurance ever did some digging to find that you drive the car more than your dad, that is where your problem would arise.

Ok thanks, I've never heard of fronting. So if I'm set as the main driver I can't be accused of fronting?

All serious-ness aside you are getting sound advice, it's cam'd and mapped and you no this, pleading ignorance to it isn't going to work if their is an accident, insurance companies aren't stupid.... And you have already said it feels like it is mapped.

I personally hope you don't have an accident and my comment above was a joke, but it is people like you who I can't understand, you pay a lot of money for insurance which still isn't void, so why pay at all?

Rant over, just hope you see sense pal.

No I don't know this, yes I did say that but it could also be the fact that I was driving a very slow 1.3 before so it could be the jump to a 1.6. Until I find out it has I'm not going to declare it.

I understand what you're saying and I'll get it sorted.