ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio 197 Cup

RenaultSport Megane R26.R
Cup spoiler is a bit marmite by the looks of it. LMAO. I do kind of like it, but I'm not 100% and do really like it as it is. IMO it does look a little 'stuck on' and spoils the lines of the car. Personal opinions i guess, but the money would definitely be better spent elsewhere. KW V3 Coilovers.... Lol. :p

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Shouldn't be too hard to keep clean, as it's only a weekend toy. I have a company car as a daily driver. :)

Justin-172 - Got the car from S J Cook & Sons, in Kingswood, Bristol. Pleasure to deal with. :)

ChrisD172 - Run it standard for a few months at least mate. Got my private plates to go on it, and also gonna put an ITG panel filter in it. Fancy some KW V3 Coilovers & some 25mm H&R spacers. ;)... Wax will be going on next weekend, don't worry. LOL.

Mark One - Nope, the GTi isn't on bodies. Engine spec is fairly standard.

RichCup - Not parting the relationship me & NXT Tech Wax have yet, so i'll get 30 layers on that Glacier White within a week. HAHA.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
These will be hard work to keep nice over the winter.

And if it snows your buggered

Vw caddy tdi
Perfect as it stands, look forward to seeing with coilies and spacers fitted. I dont think you'll improve on the handling but it will look the part enjoy.

Justin - I dealt with James & Sam. :)

Glad your happy chap, Cooks are the only local dealer i would buy an RS model from. The rest simply dont seem to have a clue.

Look forward to seeing you at a southwest meet soon chap, we are having a black mountain run next weekend, put on by our friends accross the water.

Feel free to check the local meetings section for more info.

Regards

Justin

Glad your happy chap, Cooks are the only local dealer i would buy an RS model from. The rest simply dont seem to have a clue.

Look forward to seeing you at a southwest meet soon chap, we are having a black mountain run next weekend, put on by our friends accross the water.

Feel free to check the local meetings section for more info.

Regards

Justin

That's pleasing to hear about Cooks. Been over the moon with the whole process, and the after sales service has been superb. They always seemed to know the lingo with the RS stuff, as you mention.

I'll check the local area sections now mate. Was always a regular attender at all shows / track days / meets when i had my 106 GTi. Was Regional Leader for a Peugeot-GTi forum, so will be continuing the same things with the 197. :)

Steve.

ITB'd 182...
That's pleasing to hear about Cooks. Been over the moon with the whole process, and the after sales service has been superb. They always seemed to know the lingo with the RS stuff, as you mention.

I'll check the local area sections now mate. Was always a regular attender at all shows / track days / meets when i had my 106 GTi. Was Regional Leader for a Peugeot-GTi forum, so will be continuing the same things with the 197. :)

Steve.

could meet up with me and a few others in abergavenny if you fancy it?

im a friend/ex workmate of miles also :eek:

Hi Guppy.

Thought i recognised your username mate. Miles has mentioned you before. Will have to sort something out.

Monaco 172
Nice car, my mate said he seen u had one the other day, so i thought i'd see if u were one here, probley see u driving around the mean streets of bream sometime lol :approve:

Nice car, my mate said he seen u had one the other day, so i thought i'd see if u were one here, probley see u driving around the mean streets of bream sometime lol :approve:

Hi mate, that's weird. Same village. Lol.

What's your name?

Monaco 172
Its james piccirilli, i dont think u now me ? but a few of my mates went to wyedean who knew you.
Used to see u in ur 106 sometimes that was a proper minter :).

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Nice one fella, I nearly put pen to paper for one in the spring but then a mortgage took hold of my life :cry:

Its james piccirilli, i dont think u now me ? but a few of my mates went to wyedean who knew you.
Used to see u in ur 106 sometimes that was a proper minter :).

Have you got a brother called Tom? I know him....

Had my 106 for 3 years. Was used as a show car and was unbelievably mint. Shame to sell it really, but a change was in order, so opted for the 197. :cool:

Monaco 172
Yeh mate i have got a brother called tom, how do u know him ?
Yeh whenever i saw that car it looked brand new lol.:D