ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio :D

1.6 Ford Focus
I can finally call it mine :D I made it to the garage today after having trouble getting there all week and made my deposit, I will be paying the rest and picking it up on Saturday.

It's had new brake shoes, had the hand brake adjusted, brand new spare tire and a somewhat thorough clean up all for free :D Not bad at all.

These are the pictures from the advert on AutoTrader but more pictures on Saturday although the car is totally standard.

media-1.gif

media2.gif

media3.gif

:D

1.6 Ford Focus
Indeed it is :D

Not easy convincing mates that mind haha, they would rather have a 206 or a Corsa.

Pain in the ass getting the money for this though, not that I don't have it... it's the bank wont let me withdraw enough at once and the guy I am buying from wont accept plastic.

E30 318iS x2
lamborghini has an 'H' in it ;)

Dynamique spoiler and 15inch wheels would transform the look :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
lookin nice mate back to black and some auto glym products will transform it!
tyre black etc too. keep it clean and it'll look mint.

Good choice on first car :p.

Right, now, i'm not trying to 'rain on your parade' or anything, but am i the only one who doesn't think this is a fantastic deal? It's not a bad deal by the looks of it i guess... is the work you listed the only work thats been done?

Also, as i'm not that 'up to date' on clio's etc.... are 1.2's and 1.4's worth more than 1.6's? (I imagine they are). It's just that i recently picked up a cleaner 1.6 mk2 with FSH, Full Leccy, 87k with over £3500 spent on it over the last four years, for less than the price of this car (assuming you paid what you stated in the other thread). I don't know if i just got a good deal or i'm missing something? I mean don't get me wrong i'm not saying its a bad deal :p just not sure i'd have paid more than a grand?

Anyway, at the end of the day its a clio and doesn't look too bad :D. Glad to see someone else has a green one too :D. I'm struggling to think of what i can do to improve mine, it needs things doing to it, but green isnt the easiest colour to work with :(. Will be interesting to see what you do :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice starting point for some subtle mods there mate :) And ignore your brap brap mates. Corsa's and 206's just dont have the class that Clio's do ;)

Enjoy the car!

1.6 Ford Focus
Good choice on first car :p.

Right, now, i'm not trying to 'rain on your parade' or anything, but am i the only one who doesn't think this is a fantastic deal? It's not a bad deal by the looks of it i guess... is the work you listed the only work thats been done?

Also, as i'm not that 'up to date' on clio's etc.... are 1.2's and 1.4's worth more than 1.6's? (I imagine they are). It's just that i recently picked up a cleaner 1.6 mk2 with FSH, Full Leccy, 87k with over £3500 spent on it over the last four years, for less than the price of this car (assuming you paid what you stated in the other thread). I don't know if i just got a good deal or i'm missing something? I mean don't get me wrong i'm not saying its a bad deal :p just not sure i'd have paid more than a grand?

Anyway, at the end of the day its a clio and doesn't look too bad :D. Glad to see someone else has a green one too :D. I'm struggling to think of what i can do to improve mine, it needs things doing to it, but green isnt the easiest colour to work with :(. Will be interesting to see what you do :D

I paid the full £1,350 for it, but the fact that its had brand new rear brakes, had the handbrake adjusted and has a brand new spare tire and hasn't costed me any more at all I think its a great deal. It has full service history and everything :) the only downside is it has done 100k but considering that it still drives well and feels brand new on the inside.

Green wasn't actually my first choice on colour, I prefer silver or black, but this one came along at the right time and was the best Clio within 20 miles of me.

I will get more pictures tomorrow when its on my front drive :D

Edit: I am off on holiday next week and think its unlikely I will get my membership pack before I go so I am waiting until I get back from my holiday to register.

Yeah, same as me, green wouldn't have been my first choice, although i have to say it does looks smart, it's just not quite the image i'd like to portray :p. Good to have the work done though, should be a fairly sound buy. At the end of the day as long as it's been looked after 100k shouldn't matter anyway.

I got mine from an auction so i couldnt even view the car properly before bidding - imagine my relief to discover 2 lady owners with FSH and all those receipts!

1.6 Ford Focus
Yeah, same as me, green wouldn't have been my first choice, although i have to say it does looks smart, it's just not quite the image i'd like to portray :p. Good to have the work done though, should be a fairly sound buy. At the end of the day as long as it's been looked after 100k shouldn't matter anyway.

I got mine from an auction so i couldnt even view the car properly before bidding - imagine my relief to discover 2 lady owners with FSH and all those receipts!

Yeah, I think its not worth getting it recoloured either as its just my first car but as you say, green doesn't look too bad.

It's done 100k miles but its only had 1 woman owner that appears to have looked after it well. There's no damage or wear at all either, although she did put a GB sticker on the back of the car which is going to be a nightmare to remove. Strangely the picture on the advert doesn't show that bit but its not a problem.

I have to say im slightly tempted to stick yellow alloys on... it'll either look really good, or so so bad.. probably the latter.